Trying something new

I lost on it. I lost a huge amount the first month and it's slowed now but I'm still doing a version of it. ( Fast 5 with JUDDD on certain days) Part of the reason for my weight lose slowing is cos of meds I am on. I only found this out today and most people gain on these meds so I am doing well to lose on them. I think it works in a slow but sure way with a few swings. I've lost inches even when the scales sts too. SW is popular cos of the amount you can eat on it. I did SW and never learnt portion control as a result and got addicted to carbs.

I lost on it. I lost a huge amount the first month and it's slowed now but I'm still doing a version of it. ( Fast 5 with JUDDD on certain days) Part of the reason for my weight lose slowing is cos of meds I am on. I only found this out today and most people gain on these meds so I am doing well to lose on them. I think it works in a slow but sure way with a few swings. I've lost inches even when the scales sts too. SW is popular cos of the amount you can eat on it. I did SW and never learnt portion control as a result and got addicted to carbs.

Slow but sure sounds great :) I love my carbs, but I'm reluctant to cut them down, which probably means I'm addicted in all honesty. I have done atkins in the past, but that was years ago.

Up day today, most enjoyable. I'm not eating as nutritiously as I should, but just being slack so I can enjoy some things I have been missing. I will have some fruit and veg every day starting tomorrow. At least I have been managing to keep tracking everything, and within limits.

Screenshot_2013-02-12-20-09-44-1.png

Healthy eating is what I'm concentrating on for UP's now, I think I've got over the initial "must stuff face with rubbish" phase, it was just the novelty I suppose, then I realised I had barely eaten a vegetable for weeks ( and I'm not a big meat eater!)

You are doing really well, and tbh don't listen to anyone else who says they are not losing because you've no idea what they whack into on their up days, for all you know they're eating a large dominoes on every UP!!

Keep up the good work, you seem really organised and I think that brings the best results x

Thanks, I needed to hear that :) I am just going to ignore everyone and get on with it.

Today is my 3rd DD, and they are definitely getting easier. I feel so energetic and on the ball, its amazing. Its almost 6pm and I am still calorie-free. Not sure what to have tonight, but as always I will hold out til as late as I can manage.

I made a BIG mistake - I had a text from my SW consultant asking me how I'm getting on, and I told him I am JUDDDing. He flipped, he is in a right panic that I am going to die or something!He is being a right drama queen to be honest, wants me to talk to some special person at head office about it. I have a binge eating disorder, but I am finding the lack of deprivation on up days has helped me not even think about bingeing, so thats gotta be a good thing. The BED is a big reason I am determined to count my up day calories (I can easily eat over 10000 kcals). If I see my binge cravings increasing, I will definitely rethink this plan, but right now, even on a DD with hunger pangs I can't imagine myself doing it, and I normally think about doing it every day...

It was stupid of me to tell him, I just wanted to be honest, and I didn't expect him to react that way. I know if I go to weigh in at SW tomorrow night he will either take me to one side or ask me to leave, and I just can't be bothered with that, or with lying that any potential loss is due to SW! I just wanted to see how the week has gone on their scales, and start weighing at Boots from saturday. Now I'm thinking of just waiting til saturday and going to boots, I wish I knew how their scales compare with SW!

This might sound nuts after only 5 days on this plan, but I feel smaller, wedding ring is looser and my too-tight jeans I am aiming to get into are feeling much comfier, I will be wearing them very soon I think. Am I kidding myself? Maybe, but thats why I am so desperate to weigh in tomorrow! I will think about it tonight, but I think realistically going to SW tomorrow will be more drama than its worth!

Thanks, I needed to hear that :) I am just going to ignore everyone and get on with it.

Today is my 3rd DD, and they are definitely getting easier. I feel so energetic and on the ball, its amazing. Its almost 6pm and I am still calorie-free. Not sure what to have tonight, but as always I will hold out til as late as I can manage.

I made a BIG mistake - I had a text from my SW consultant asking me how I'm getting on, and I told him I am JUDDDing. He flipped, he is in a right panic that I am going to die or something!He is being a right drama queen to be honest, wants me to talk to some special person at head office about it. I have a binge eating disorder, but I am finding the lack of deprivation on up days has helped me not even think about bingeing, so thats gotta be a good thing. The BED is a big reason I am determined to count my up day calories (I can easily eat over 10000 kcals). If I see my binge cravings increasing, I will definitely rethink this plan, but right now, even on a DD with hunger pangs I can't imagine myself doing it, and I normally think about doing it every day...

It was stupid of me to tell him, I just wanted to be honest, and I didn't expect him to react that way. I know if I go to weigh in at SW tomorrow night he will either take me to one side or ask me to leave, and I just can't be bothered with that, or with lying that any potential loss is due to SW! I just wanted to see how the week has gone on their scales, and start weighing at Boots from saturday. Now I'm thinking of just waiting til saturday and going to boots, I wish I knew how their scales compare with SW!

This might sound nuts after only 5 days on this plan, but I feel smaller, wedding ring is looser and my too-tight jeans I am aiming to get into are feeling much comfier, I will be wearing them very soon I think. Am I kidding myself? Maybe, but thats why I am so desperate to weigh in tomorrow! I will think about it tonight, but I think realistically going to SW tomorrow will be more drama than its worth!

I can sort of understand his concerns and whilst I can imagine it's not at all convenient, at least he cares about you, so it's good to have someone in your corner and who's keeping an eye on you, but at the end of the day how you manage your weight and situation is your business, I am sure you have other people close to you who are able to keep an eye on you too!

I am sure his reaction was due to lack of understanding on what JUDDD actually is and I don't think SW is any less/more likely to resolve your issues than JUDDD is. But then I suppose it depends on your triggers, I don't think I ever said this on the forum before but for many years I also had an issue with bulimia, it was how I controlled my weight for a time and I personally found SW didn't help, pasta as a free food just gave me the green light to go without guilt, then overeating...you know how it goes. I'm over it now, it was very much stress related, but when I realised my DH knew what I was doing it had to stop and I did and I don't find JUDDD has aggravated it at all, I think it's because it's actually quite hard to mess this plan up or feel you're not doing well, I feel so good after completing a DD and really enjoy my weekends off without worrying, which for me is the key, I don't worry on JUDDD the way I do on other diets, I found SW "syns" were a big stick to beat myself with too.

I think you've done incredibly well, you've said yourself, just monitor it, keep on track with how you feel ( diaries help!) and just keep assessing things.

I admire your honesty, both to all of us here and your SW consultant, being open and honest is a big step to keeping on track, everything out in the open I say!

Looks like you've got DD's sorted, enjoy your UP xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, you're right, it is just out of concern, but then I wonder if its because he will lose out on a few quid (cynical I know!). I find some SW group members (and my consultant) are quite evangelical about SW, like SW is the only answer. whereas I am a firm believer that virtually all diet plans will work, if you can stick to them, and the most important part is whether you can stick it out long term.

Thanks for telling me about your ED, very brave. I'm glad you're doing well now and dealt with it. I have attended a course of group therapy for my ED, and I have a lot of tactics I employ to help me. I've tried to deal with it head on, and I am doing a lot better all in all, haven't binged in a few weeks now (the first weeks always the toughest). All my close friends and family know about my issues with binge eating, and I always confess all to my husband, he is really ridiculously supportive. He is perfectly happy with my weight, even when I was at my biggest, but he knows its what I want so he does anything he can to help. Although once every few months he does remind me that if at any point I decide to stop dieting, he will support that too :D

JUDDD is having a fantastic impact on my appetite, and learning more about true hunger. I am learning that cravings die down, that the world won't end if I wait and ride it out. A big trigger for my binge eating is deprivation, and I just love knowing I can have whatever I want without cheating.

The great thing is since starting JUDDD I have not once thought "I am a failure". On SW, I felt that way all the time for many months.

I will update what food I input yesterday, as I didn't have the jelly and custard, so only 291kcals! I guess because I ate so late I just didn't need it. Waking up less hungry on my UD's which is great, I have had some breakfast biscuits with my morning cuppa as it seemed like a good idea after so little yesterday, but in all honesty I didn't feel like I needed it.

Yes, you're right, it is just out of concern, but then I wonder if its because he will lose out on a few quid (cynical I know!). I find some SW group members (and my consultant) are quite evangelical about SW, like SW is the only answer. whereas I am a firm believer that virtually all diet plans will work, if you can stick to them, and the most important part is whether you can stick it out long term.

Thanks for telling me about your ED, very brave. I'm glad you're doing well now and dealt with it. I have attended a course of group therapy for my ED, and I have a lot of tactics I employ to help me. I've tried to deal with it head on, and I am doing a lot better all in all, haven't binged in a few weeks now (the first weeks always the toughest). All my close friends and family know about my issues with binge eating, and I always confess all to my husband, he is really ridiculously supportive. He is perfectly happy with my weight, even when I was at my biggest, but he knows its what I want so he does anything he can to help. Although once every few months he does remind me that if at any point I decide to stop dieting, he will support that too :D

JUDDD is having a fantastic impact on my appetite, and learning more about true hunger. I am learning that cravings die down, that the world won't end if I wait and ride it out. A big trigger for my binge eating is deprivation, and I just love knowing I can have whatever I want without cheating.

The great thing is since starting JUDDD I have not once thought "I am a failure". On SW, I felt that way all the time for many months.

I will update what food I input yesterday, as I didn't have the jelly and custard, so only 291kcals! I guess because I ate so late I just didn't need it. Waking up less hungry on my UD's which is great, I have had some breakfast biscuits with my morning cuppa as it seemed like a good idea after so little yesterday, but in all honesty I didn't feel like I needed it.

I'm cynical too. The diet companies make big money by us being on them- meetings buying their books, food, merchandise etc. I'd be inclined to buy a good set to scales of your own and weight at home as the SW consultant is obviously ill -informed about JUDDD and is not likely too be appeased. He wouldn't have been chuffed if you'd told him you'd joined WW or any other different diet plan either lol. SW was bad for me. I binged on carbs, got bloated and had no idea about portion control. He's talking rubbish. No one is going to die by not eating/or low cal for 24 hours every so often. Our bodies were designed to live off our fat and nowadays most people have lost sight of that. xx

Ah right, I see. I have to resist the urge to to daily weigh ins too. I tend to go in cycles with it tho and can hold off doing it most of the time now. xx

Hey Lottie, Just checking in, How's it going? :)

Phew, I've been AWOL for a while! Have had some issues staying on the wagon, but here is where I am at.

WK1: -4.5lbs
WK2: STS (Ate far too much on UD's so was quite relieved)
WK3: Did not weigh - it would just demotivate me!

Not great, but this is down to me, not the diet :) Last week I had my TOTM and a massive row at work and blew my DD, and I think this sent me a bit doolally. I have been feeling a bit low in mood, but getting back on track with DD's this week. I'm still going with fasting monday, wednesday and friday. Admittedly today I have had about 700kcal, but hopefully won't be too disastrous for WI this saturday. I know I will have gained last week, it was my birthday and then with me blowing off my DD's, well... I know it wasn't good, so this week I will just be finding out where I am, and trying for a 100% week next week.

I am feeling a bit down on myself, I went and had a haircut and get some new clothes to make myself feel better. I had decided no more waiting to lose weight, I am going to make the most of myself right now. Well, the result... Hair is... ok at best, and I found no clothes I liked at all. Even looked online, and I just don't like whats out there right now. I just feel so hideous, I don't seem to know how to turn myself out like other women. I wear make up, but I have bad skin. I don't know how to do my eyebrows, and I always wait too long to go get them done. I can't even paint my nails nicely. I am just such a frump. I have decided I want to improve my image, but I am so clueless :( I am also terrified of the attention that a "new look" gets from work colleagues etc, I hate people looking at me and commenting (even if positive).

As a new member of the butt kicking club I am here to help, goodness you really are down on yourself aren't you xxxxx

Look at your achievements so far, you've lost over 3 stones and goodness knows you must be down what 3 clothes sizes? Getting used to a new body shape it hard and I agree with you I don't like much of the stuff in the shops right now either, peplum waist stuff just ain't my thing I have enough sticking out already!

Trick is, go through your wardrobe and find the stuff that you like and you feel suits your body shape best, you must have a few favourite pieces, look at the neckline or the leg shape and try and see if you can find something similar in the shops, I never ever wear anything but bootcut trousers or jeans for example as I have a big top and little bottom half, so they balance me out and I don't look like a lollipop, search online for some advice on how to shop for your shape.

Haircuts, I keep mine long and get it cut twice a year, this limits the amount of hair disasters I can have ( and there have been too many), go for a manicure and pedicure and get the eyebrows done, many women can't do these things, I am on that list, and even though they cost money I do feel better when I have my nails done. key is stop thinking everyone else is better than you/perfect/know something you don't.

We are all in the same boat lovely, losing weight does have it's downsides at times, When I was bigger I didn't even bother comparing myself to other women, now I do constantly and could pick holes in myself until the cows come home, but I have to press the stop button sometimes and look at how far I've come and start building my confidence up rather than looking in the mirror stripping it away. Also I've found having goals not related to what I weigh helps a lot, it adds to my list of good points and gets that positive brain chemistry going.

It is tough and I often think someone needs to write a book on what us dieters go through rather than how to lose weight, as it does come with it's own issues.

Now..chin up, onwards and downwards I say xxxxxxxx

Back