Unit diet diary

Medicine .... blimey!! You go girl!! That's fab, no wonder you're feeling the pressure - but I'm sure you'll get through your placement no problem. Think positive hun, that should help with the stress and keep your mood up - just remember, food is never the answer!

5 units for yesterday is brilliant! Does anyone else find that because we can have anything we like (as long as within 70 units per week) that you don't crave naughty things? I really enjoyed all my food yesterday and just knowing I could have chocolate or crisps if I wanted them made me not want them!!!

Sometimes that works for me farkie - other times i just crave chocolate all day and as it's so high in units i cant have it cos only a little bit wouldnt be enough!

Good on you Katie for doing medicine - i have a couple of friends who are studying to be doctors and they are finding it just as tough. One of them has a baby and has struggled with juggling her wee one and the course. I take my hat off to you. Take it easy and go easy on yourself - maybe when you've finished your studies you can concentrate on 'dieting'. In the meantime just look at the unit diet as healthy eating maybe? ;)

Just got in from work have had nothing to eat or drink since 8.00 this morning I have yet another banging head ache I know it will be worth it in the end no pain no gain and all that just wish there was a little less pain lol on the plus side I have enjoyed starting paediatrics today despite getting dehydrated lol xx So food today-
B- Frostie 0
L- Nada
D-

Dinner was supposed to say pizza 6 units i deserve it so total for today =6

You need to eat more! :D Maybe your headaches are because you're hungry? I certainly wouldnt be a happy bunny if all i had was frosties to last me the whole day! :)

Do you have anytime to pack a lunch or buy a sandwich? Packs of snack a jacks and cereal bars are good low unit snacks, as well as fruit.

I'm sure you'll lose weight quickly hun you're doing great but dont be hungry theres no need. :)

Hi all back from a lovely weekend in dublin, I am very tired and not looking forward to this week I am thinking about taking your advise helen and backing off on the diet front I just have too much other stuff going on I was thinking I may be best doing either units or a ww core type plan and trying to just stick to 3 meals per day and cut out the snacks. As for work I always take a box full of salad sanwhiches yogurt fruit but i often don't get chance to go and eat them and i then end up getting so hungry I binge usually on the nearest vending machine xx

Aww big :hug99: on your weigh in mate. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, and as you say maybe taking a step back from the whole dieting thing might be a good idea.

I seem to be stuggling every day at the moment and I have think it is because the diamond/jigsaw site is down so I cant get my hands on all the info readily and just end up eating I have maintained my weight this week which is good considering went away for the weekend. I have decided to weigh in on friday, I have too much going on to commit 100% but reckon I can manage to be good about 75% and hopefully as units become more like a habbit things will get easier. I too wish that there were more people who have been successful on units as I do keep thinking maybe it just wont work and i should count kcals go to ww sw the one thing I have realised is that I never want to ss again xx

Forget weighing in on friday going to do it tomorrow no point putting it off lol

Right, well I promise to check in tomorrow to see how your weigh in went. I can imagine how difficult it is for you with the Jigsaw site being down, but any help we can give you on here we will :hug99:

Thanks DQ your a star xx

Hi katie.

Glad your sticking with it. I think you have the right idea - good luck with it this week. You can pm me anytime you need a chat!

ta hon its really hard i too am very temted to do ww core as its very similar but at least u have a meeting and someone u can ask Q's if u sts for few weeks the other day i put my units food into wlr i had used 4 units but 2167 kcals!!!!!! never gonna loose at that!! I have weighed in this am and lost 1 pound xx

So you did lose then???

The problem we all have is that we don't have enough faith in the plan...me included! The other week I sat and entered all my food diaries into wlr and burst out crying. I felt like I was wasting my own time counting up units and following this diet when I was having more than the 1600 cals I should be having. Then surprise surprise I lost 2lb. When I count cals I never lose more than 1lb per week.Whatever it is behind this diet, it works.

If you need the weekly support from a class maybe it's worth trying ww. Personally I hate sitting there listening to other peoples bowel habits/whingeing each week and think i'd rather save my money each week, but maybe that was just the class I went to :D We had this one woman who used to kick off at the ww leader each week cos she wasn't losing, but i'd always see her on a Fri/Sat night slumped against the kebab shop window half cut :eek:

Good luck whatever you decide to do. We're all here if you need a chat or have questions. Have you called/emailed Jigsaw about it? They might give you advice to put your mind at rest.

Love Lou xxx

Yeah I was defo having to many free foods this has always been my down fall on sw had a good day today and feeling in a better frame of mind. Sorry I am not usually the moany type!! think i may be pre menstural, I have not had a period since christmas so i may have 8 months worth lol!!!

B- All Bran (1/2) Banana(0) Sk milk(0)

L- Cous cous (1/2) veg, olives (0) nectarine apple (0) special k bar (1/2)

D-Pasta (1/2) meat (?4) Cheese Low fat (3) =9

Hi

Great menu. Looking forward to our weigh in day on Tuesday. You'll definately see results if you stick to menus like that. :)

Back