Vics diary

Aren't sprouts carby am I allowed them on induction? B Atkins breakfast bar ( oh go on shout at me !) L salami boiled egg green leaves cucumber mayo D chicken stuffed mozzarella abd chorizo spinach fried in butter and asparagus with garlic mayo S pepperami Ex cardio with a tad running then resistance and abs good hour and quarter exercise.
Anyone got a tomato sauce substitute please or something tomatoey I can have on induction?

Morning Vicky:)

Well done on the exercise and consider this your official shout re the atkins bar:). Seriously dreadful things and especially for breakfast. Whatever they claim, it will potentially give you an insulin kick and cause trouble with both appetite and weight loss. If people have to have one then better as a dessert snack after a decent protein/fat meal!

Re tomatoes - not allowed in induction on earlier versions of atkins but included later in moderation. I gave up first time but not now but i tend to make things far less tomatoey so worth changing the habit.
If you do use - try cooking with a few cherry toms rather than a very carby tin of toms
Also you can get a sugar free ketchup from low carb megastore
If need to use tinned toms, look at the labels on supermarket value ranges - juice is usually much thinner & they are lower in carbs
For a sauce - find a lowish carb tomatoe puree (i think gaia had one but check) and mix with mayo

Xx

Thanks Katie :) will make do with half a beef tomato on my burgers at the weekend.

My issue with breakfast is I feel sick if I eat before I leave for work hence ease of the bars. Weight not down agaibbut am persevering I'm sure my body is getting used to no carbs !

Ooh thanks might get some :)
Have got a bad chest tonight thought it was from running yesterday but feel as if i've got a cold coming on. Not good ! Did a body combat class which was good tonight but home bath and Jim jams early ( bots Jim's !)

Have signed up for a ridiculously stupid 5 k run with assault course in March aswell so I Cant give up on exercise !!!!!

B Atkins naughty bar
L salami egg cucumber leaves and mayo
D lamb steak steak goats cheese green beans asparagus butter garlic mayo
S chorizo cheese thing pork scratchings
Ex combat evil thing for 45mins

Well done on the combat class but sorry to hear your feeling under weather. Hope it has gone this morning:)
And you're mad for signing up;)

Morning!

That chorizo dinner from Monday night sounded lush! And well done on all the exercise - have you caught the running bug from Linzi? :)

Morning all. Not running as such but getting fit and ripped :)

B sausage and egg muffin ( no bar Katie!)
L kingprawns lettuce cucumber mayo
D salmon boursin cauli broccoli butter
S babybel chorizo cheese thing
Ex night off

Well done on brekkie :)

I'm the same, can't eat first thing or I feel sick too. I make a whole load of muffins up on the weekend and freeze them in batches of three, bring them out the night before and zap them in my microwave before I leave the house. That way I can have them with my morning coffee at work (no microwave there).

Hooray - great brekkie:)

Edited

Last edited:
Hi all
B sausage egg muffin
L corned beef egg and lettuce cucumber mayo salad
D what I didn't have last night ( no I wasn't naughty last night just got a cooked chick)
S chorizo cheese stick
Ex unsure

Evening vics, all sounds very tasty:)

Morning !!! Friday at last !
B / L omelette with saus bacon mush cheese mayo
D steak green beans with mushroom cream stilton sauce
S scratchings and probably some picks later
Ex gym cardio resistance and swim this afternoon

Hi, love the sound of the mushroom stiltonsauce.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Omelette from wirks canteen was lush! Need a nana nap.

Love omlettes here too:) and naps! Ahh - if only we could have both every day....
Xx

Evening all ! Just sat down after lovely dinner. With my glass of wine. Hubby is having beer and I'm being good !!!! Did hour at the gym managed to run for five mins without stopping. Sounds a small amount of time but a massive achievement for me ! Nice swim after too needless to say I'm aching and shattered. :))

Back