VLCD Sequel: Electric Boogaloo

I’m the same as Casting. If I relied on just liquid I would go crazy and probably risk quitting or falling off the wagon. I’d have the savoury meals too but never the shakes as it felt like a waste of a meal. Shows the differing psychology behind our thoughts and actions. We’re all overweight but got there in varying ways and lose with varying techniques :)

Just catching up and giggling at your Magical Skinny Hair..... aka significant weight loss, haha.

As usual you seem to be crushing it. I send you high fives from my very sunny garden.

*sneaks into thread because my diary is less busy and whispers "7lbs off this week" sneaks out again* :)

Congrats on your loss, Blubell! 7lb is awesome!

Chiming in belatedly on the bar issue (not that I've tried the cookies and cream one, because "someone" seemed to order them all the moment they came in...) but I have learnt to like the caramel crunch bar. They are super salty, but they melt more nicely than the others. I break off tiny pieces and kind of melt them in my mouth, and, if I drink loads of water, it kind of balances out the salt.

I do like the squidgy ones, even the double choc (again, hated that first time, but it grew on me). I don't like the choc orange one as it has a weird chemically flavour. The lemon and white chocolate is my favourite of the brunch-style bars, along with the strawberry jam one.

As for the different meals, I mix it up to make life as interesting as possible on this crazy diet. Usually it's shakes for breakfast, bars for lunch, meal for dinner. The fourth pack is usually a bar which I have in small pieces when I'm hungry (usually afternoon and a little bit for 'pudding' after dinner.) When I'm travelling I go all bars. I've found this hot weather has made shakes much more appealing as a meal as I don't always feel like eating anything much.

Chiming in belatedly on the bar issue (not that I've tried the cookies and cream one, because "someone" seemed to order them all the moment they came in...)

Without a hint of sarcasm, I think this is exactly what happened. Exante ordered 50 bars wholesale and Casting put them all in her basket! Well done Exante, another satisfied customer. They should try making customer plural :D

Congrats on your loss Bluebell. 7lbs is awesome :)

Without a hint of sarcasm, I think this is exactly what happened. Exante ordered 50 bars wholesale and Casting put them all in her basket! Well done Exante, another satisfied customer. They should try making customer plural :D

Congrats on your loss Bluebell. 7lbs is awesome :)
They seem to have brought some extra products this week so I just bought some new stuff to keep me entertained. Not seen the cookie bars in yet though. Maybe they run out of dough haha

Also, Bluebell! 7pounds is amazing!! Well done to you also. You are rocking this!

Last edited:
Ps. You're doing so well with a lovely 2st loss. Inspiring!

*sneaks into thread because my diary is less busy and whispers "7lbs off this week" sneaks out again*

Omg, congratulations! That's a wonderful loss!

I've found this hot weather has made shakes much more appealing as a meal as I don't always feel like eating anything much.

Yes, I'm eating bars because they're the bare minimum of effort - but I'm quite fancying a shake blended with crushed ice for breakfast tomorrow. It'll probably feel like a proper treat!

Without a hint of sarcasm, I think this is exactly what happened. Exante ordered 50 bars wholesale and Casting put them all in her basket! Well done Exante, another satisfied customer. They should try making customer plural

*cringe* I have noticed popular products tend to go out of stock really fast - hence my latest "buy them all like a supervillain" strategy. I would, however, point out that I *also* came straight over here to alert you lot to the fleeting presence of cookies 'n' cream.

Omg, this heat. *shakes fist at the heavens*.

I was actually cruising the heat wave with my mildly-less-obsese-ness quite effectively last week but apparently that's over now. I am hot and miserable. But thank the lord I am no longer 16st. I would probably have been actually dead.

Fairly standard loss this week - 13st10 from 13st12 last week but given I've moved my body as little as possible and spent most of my time lying in a heap going "it's tooooooo hot" that feels fair. As long as the weight keeps going down I'm good.

I also had a really vivid dream last night that I, and a few friends, went to our local pub, where I went through insane mental callisthenics to justify ordering fajitas. Then I woke up, feeling simultaneously guilty and hungry. This might be my body's way of telling me I desperately need a food week.

Coasting to the 12s! Congrats on this week’s loss. The weather is hideous. I know people will say we shouldn’t moan but to be fair, I don’t complain about the weather unless it is this hot. I officially melt at 27 degrees. I don’t blame you for not doing a lot. Although that’s the beauty of VLCD, you can get away with that and still happily lose.

Haha, your dream is definitely telling you something. I remember back on Atkins I would often dream that I’d eaten a rice cake. Would wake up feeling like I’d blown it all - I don’t even remotely like rice cakes!

Hope you have a good week :)

Hurray for the great loss! And more to come :D

I think I've found the real cookies and cream villains. They're on ebay, selling all the exante products - including THOUSANDS of cookies and cream bars. All at a mark up of course.

So, unless you are taking to a new income stream, Casting, I don't hold you responsible.

It is just fun to mention it. Every few days or so. Until I get some of my own...

Awesome losses! I'm staying still just now. Bloody metabolism.

I really despise people who do that sort of thing. Some would say genius but really, it’s just taking advantage of those who may be deemed as desparate. Someone was doing the same thing with baby formula and selling on Amazon a tub of £10 formula for over £50 - apparently some countries had a shortage. I recall that uk companies limited it to two packs per customer to try and prevent that from happening. Disgraceful though. I personally couldn’t live with myself if I did that sort of thing.

I wonder if there’s a way of cutting out the middle man - Exante? 😏

Hi there I'm on the other side of the fence in the cwp camp. Loving this diary and wanted a bookmark it. As I 've just read through it,thanks for the almond milk tip. my heart near skipped a beat at the thought of a potential latte. The espresso is grand but Lord what I wouldn't give for a latte. So came for the almond milk and stayed for the craic
May the losses be with you:)
Jen

Are you ok, Casting? It's not like you to be AWOL for this long. Hope it's all going well!
x

Casting is as strong as an Ox. I imagine the lack of attendance is more through having a life (which I seem to lack) combined with the inner strength to need less support these days.

That said, I echo YW and hope you’re okay. Do pop in and see us :)

Awww, thank you! And sorry for worrying anyone - or seeming ungrateful for the amazing support I've received here from you wonderful people.

I was off work last week so technically on holiday, even though I was at home. But essentially wifey and I were having couple bonding time, so I was trying not to be on the internet talking about diets all the time ;)

It was actually quite a tough week emotionally speaking because, obviously, being on holiday with your loved one (even if you're not abroad) hits a lot of emotional-treat-triggers, at least for me. And it was weird not being able to go out for a meal or anything. Or, err, really go anywhere because my energy levels have completely tanked. I wasn't hungry or anything, and I didn't cheat, but it was definitely a long-dark-week-of-the-dieter's-soul. I think it was broadly positive though, in the sense that I was able to look at and at least partially address those triggers for the future.

Also I had one day where we were out with friends for most of it and I nearly died, so I had four products that day, instead of 3, and it was totally fine. It didn't seem to knock me out of ketosis or anything (I mean, it was still only 800calories a day after all) and I was less hungry the next day because fo it. I sometimes find it you push yourself too hard one day on a VLCD it attacks you the next by making you *ravenous*.

Anyway, I'm in week ... 9 or 10? But I'm considering moving my food week forward because my energy levels are on the floor. I'm not hungry exactly and I feel in broadly good health but I'm just low-key aware of being low energy all the time. And I'm hoping a food week will give me a boost before I drop down.

I might stick to plan for 1 more week and then see how I'm feeling.

Hope you are all doing well.

Decent loss this week, btw, despite the four product day. 13st 7.

Back