Wardrobe sorting - Not as delighted as I thought I would be

Oh I love True Blood, Eric is hot!! I watched this weird film called "The Divide" was ok, not the best, I tend to be a horror or thriller lover!

Its great to know the asthma will be helped by the weight loss, thats such great news, I think its amazing just how quickly we can reverse some health issues with weight loss, I am just kicking myself that things had to get so bad before I really got motivated!

I hope you are well, I managed to fit in three long dog walks today and so I am going to have a lazy evening catching up on episodes of "Criminal Minds".

Em x

Ooooh yes he is. So is Alcide! I like it all really lol!!!
im a horror person as well. Love a bit of being freaked out

Im the same with letting things get this bad, its ridic! But no time like the present!

have had a rough couple of days food wise. I ate some of my weekly points in weight watchers, which I dont normally do. So trying to work my a** off to gain some activities to make up for the damage. 40mins sweating in the gym this morning and two doggy walks. So not so guilty nowwww!!!

Knackered now though! Gym at 6, dog walk, then shopping then work then cooking and walking the dogs lol
going to get into bed and watch some more true blood or may be breaking bad!

Hope you had a good day too and your dog is all walked out :) enjoy criminal minds! I never got into that myself. So many people have recommended it though, so I might bite the bullet and set some to record!

Whats the divide about???

Zzzzz over and out xx

hey hands off Alcide, hes mine as well ha ha got to love "True Blood"! although you can have him if you give me Eric! lol Oh I am addicted to "Criminal Minds" but it maybe because I like the fit guy in it who plays Derek Morgan ha ha I just have to have my eye candy! Oh the Divide would be a hard film to describe, was just weird, talk about weird I watched Cabin in the Woods the other night with my mate and that was like nothing I had seen before.

oh we all need our times off, I had two lovely nights out last week, both involving two big meals out but the rest of the time I remained on track, at the end of the day we need a life as well don't we and I love meeting up with my friends and family, having a catch up over a meal and whilst I usually limit it to once a week last week my sister and I met up as well so that was two lovely comforting meals out which I very much enjoyed to be honest. The best thing is realising how much my appetite has shrunk, I mean I couldn't eat hardly anything towards what I used to be able to eat, its like my appetite has shrunk beyond recognition.

Oh I am out of the 20's this week weight wise and into the 19's, granted I have a long way to go but I have now said goodbye to three main milestones of the 22's, 21's and 20's, I feel like I am starting to reclaim my life!

How are you? Em xx

hey hands off Alcide, hes mine as well ha ha got to love "True Blood"! although you can have him if you give me Eric! lol Oh I am addicted to "Criminal Minds" but it maybe because I like the fit guy in it who plays Derek Morgan ha ha I just have to have my eye candy! Oh the Divide would be a hard film to describe, was just weird, talk about weird I watched Cabin in the Woods the other night with my mate and that was like nothing I had seen before.

oh we all need our times off, I had two lovely nights out last week, both involving two big meals out but the rest of the time I remained on track, at the end of the day we need a life as well don't we and I love meeting up with my friends and family, having a catch up over a meal and whilst I usually limit it to once a week last week my sister and I met up as well so that was two lovely comforting meals out which I very much enjoyed to be honest. The best thing is realising how much my appetite has shrunk, I mean I couldn't eat hardly anything towards what I used to be able to eat, its like my appetite has shrunk beyond recognition.

Oh I am out of the 20's this week weight wise and into the 19's, granted I have a long way to go but I have now said goodbye to three main milestones of the 22's, 21's and 20's, I feel like I am starting to reclaim my life!

How are you? Em xx

Thats amazing!
Well done! You must feel great!

Weigh in on Thursday and Im so hoping that I will be out of the 14's

Glad you had a great weekend! I went out, well rather, went to a friends house for dinner and ended up drinking instead lol

Only a week a bit before my brothers wedding so I am trying my best to be as good as gold!

Was going to go see Ted in the cinema but heard such mixed reviews about it that I think it will be one for DVD when it comes out :p
Plus the sweets temptation is there at the cinema! So glad I'm not a fan of popcorn

Alcide is mine..... You can have Eric ;)

Have you watched the latest season of true blood. So weird about it that I'm unsure I will go on to watch the next season next year! :(
hate when that happens

Other than the above I'm great!
Wedding to look forward to!
Im spending the week with my family next week as OH is off to Poland for a conference
THEN I start college. September will be a busy month I reckon. Hopefully a month that I can stay on track with!

How are things with yourself?! x

thanks Lemai, I have felt so chuffed for the last few days, finally getting under the 20 stone mark for me was massive, I never ever thought I would ever get as big as I did, I mean I never in my wildest dreams or should I say nightmares would have imagined getting to 22 stone 5 lbs which I was just over ten weeks ago, its crazy, I still can't believe that I ever got up to it, but I guess the weight creeps on doesn't it over time. I am just glad I am turning things around now.

Oh good luck with your weigh in on Thurs, you are doing brilliantly hun, its also great to get under the next stone mark isn't it, I really hope you do it, you should be so proud of yourself already, especially being able to move into smaller clothes, that is such a bonus!

Oh I hope your brothers wedding goes well, oh I know the pressure of weddings hey, I remember my sisters a number of years ago and having to be a bridesmaid, luckily she was kind to me and let me choose the outfit and the only other bridesmaid was a child so we didn't have to wear the same outfit thank God!!

Oh I wondered about Ted, its not my usual sort of film so think I will rent it instead when its out. I am all up to date with "True Blood" as far as what has been shown on tv over here in the UK, the series where Eric goes a bit soft for a while and there is the witch is it? I have to admit I think although I liked seeing Erics softer side as far as that series is concerned in all honesty I think its been the weakest season but maybe that is just me! I am the same with "Supernatural", have always been a huge fan especially of series 1 - 3 but recently its getting a bit tired and old and grating on me so I am not sure for how long I will carry on watching that either, always hate it when it happens.

Oh starting college will be good for you, I am considering returning back to my studies at some point just not quite sure what way I want to go right now, something to do with psychology I am guessing as that is where my interest lies but we will see, I want to do maybe counselling or something, time will tell!

Em xx

thanks Lemai, I have felt so chuffed for the last few days, finally getting under the 20 stone mark for me was massive, I never ever thought I would ever get as big as I did, I mean I never in my wildest dreams or should I say nightmares would have imagined getting to 22 stone 5 lbs which I was just over ten weeks ago, its crazy, I still can't believe that I ever got up to it, but I guess the weight creeps on doesn't it over time. I am just glad I am turning things around now.

Oh good luck with your weigh in on Thurs, you are doing brilliantly hun, its also great to get under the next stone mark isn't it, I really hope you do it, you should be so proud of yourself already, especially being able to move into smaller clothes, that is such a bonus!

Oh I hope your brothers wedding goes well, oh I know the pressure of weddings hey, I remember my sisters a number of years ago and having to be a bridesmaid, luckily she was kind to me and let me choose the outfit and the only other bridesmaid was a child so we didn't have to wear the same outfit thank God!!

Oh I wondered about Ted, its not my usual sort of film so think I will rent it instead when its out. I am all up to date with "True Blood" as far as what has been shown on tv over here in the UK, the series where Eric goes a bit soft for a while and there is the witch is it? I have to admit I think although I liked seeing Erics softer side as far as that series is concerned in all honesty I think its been the weakest season but maybe that is just me! I am the same with "Supernatural", have always been a huge fan especially of series 1 - 3 but recently its getting a bit tired and old and grating on me so I am not sure for how long I will carry on watching that either, always hate it when it happens.

Oh starting college will be good for you, I am considering returning back to my studies at some point just not quite sure what way I want to go right now, something to do with psychology I am guessing as that is where my interest lies but we will see, I want to do maybe counselling or something, time will tell!

Em xx

It is a great achievement and sure hey it only gets better from here on in for you :)

Thanks love! Hopefully the weather will pick up for next week. Raining constantly lately :(

I cheated and downloaded series 5 of true blood. However bad season 4 was. Season 5 is just bat s*** crazy!!! Alan Ball is leaving as producer so you can tell that his thread isn't running through the series anymore. So disheartening!
Did you ever watch American Horror Story? AMAZING!!!

Thats what I'm going on to do! Nearly 10 years in college to get to this point of my "career" but I'll be doing clinical placement and infant observation as part of my psychotherapy training. Which will be fantastic!
You'd be great at something psychology based ;)
Hope you do go onto do it. Although it has taken me a decade, I wouldn't change what I'm doing and the amount of money that has been spent on university. I love it!
Scary though that its all coming to a head now.. Growing up eh?! lol

How was your day today? I was doing wedding stuff. Love it :)
Haven't eaten much today though as consequence but hey ho, weigh in tomorrow. It can only be a good thing I HOPE x

OMG that American Horror story was crazy wasn't it, it was like nothing I had seen before ha ha the maid who was old and then young, weird but kind of addictive. Oh I haven't seen that series of True Blood then just the latest one shown on tv with the witch , I enjoyed it at times but nowhere near as much as the first couple or three series even, I hate it when series start to get a bit tired and get a bit silly.

Oh yeah the field of psychology has always fascinated me so I can totally understand your interest in it, I went to university and studied social work and social policy a number of years back, my interest was the mental health field there, I got into my fourth year of my degree course and then became very ill and so had to leave uni and tried to return to uni to finish my degree but never managed to as I kept on having relapses. I am now hoping to get back to my studies in the near future although too much time has passed to complete my social work degree, I do still at least have the diploma in higher education so it wasn't for nothing!, whatever I do in the future its bound to be around mental health issues due to my real interest in this area plus recent life experience with it has made me even more determined to get a career in that field, so fingers crossed!

I can imagine it must have taken years of study for you but I always remember my uni tutor saying anything worth getting always involves a lot of effort and hard work and it is true, when you get the career you want it will all seem so worth it!

Em xx

OMG that American Horror story was crazy wasn't it, it was like nothing I had seen before ha ha the maid who was old and then young, weird but kind of addictive. Oh I haven't seen that series of True Blood then just the latest one shown on tv with the witch , I enjoyed it at times but nowhere near as much as the first couple or three series even, I hate it when series start to get a bit tired and get a bit silly.

Oh yeah the field of psychology has always fascinated me so I can totally understand your interest in it, I went to university and studied social work and social policy a number of years back, my interest was the mental health field there, I got into my fourth year of my degree course and then became very ill and so had to leave uni and tried to return to uni to finish my degree but never managed to as I kept on having relapses. I am now hoping to get back to my studies in the near future although too much time has passed to complete my social work degree, I do still at least have the diploma in higher education so it wasn't for nothing!, whatever I do in the future its bound to be around mental health issues due to my real interest in this area plus recent life experience with it has made me even more determined to get a career in that field, so fingers crossed!

I can imagine it must have taken years of study for you but I always remember my uni tutor saying anything worth getting always involves a lot of effort and hard work and it is true, when you get the career you want it will all seem so worth it!

Em xx

This is true :) you're tutor was right!

Hope everything is back on track for you! There is nothing worse than having to drop out of college, but dwelling on the past when the future lies ahead just seems pointless. Especially on the journey you're now on!

The most stressful part of psychology after doing a BA in it, is all the interviewing that goes on! to make sure you're an ideal candidate. I was petrified going to sit infront of a bunch of academics. But hey, it worked!

American horror story is back in October, but I think its a totally different setting, and I think that will be the case if they get another season after season 2 as well. Which will keep things fresh. MAY BE!

My OH just walked out from working all day with 7 empty crisp packets. JEALOUS!!! Although I dunno if I could manage seven, I'd give it a fair auld go lol!

x

90746-albums4054-picture61597.JPG

90746-albums4054-picture61598.JPG

Size 14 shirt! :D

I think photos are perfect for showing us just how far we have come, fab on getting into the size 14 shirt, I am so jealous! ha ha well done you, Em xx

You two really inspire me! You're both so positive!

I know our goals are different etc but the principle remains the same I think.

Re the clothes - I am absolutely ruthless! I started at a very chubby size 14 and charity shopped all of them as soon as I got to a 12. And I'm now getting rid of some 12s as size 10 is more me. That feels scary but I figure that to hang on to bigger clothes is almost to give yourself permission to one day fit back into them again.

Keep it up girls . I was 15 stone 2 lbs last may. I've lost 5 stone . It can be done and will be done : ) and Emma - the psychological boost of leaving the 20s is bloody amazing!

You two really inspire me! You're both so positive!

I know our goals are different etc but the principle remains the same I think.

Re the clothes - I am absolutely ruthless! I started at a very chubby size 14 and charity shopped all of them as soon as I got to a 12. And I'm now getting rid of some 12s as size 10 is more me. That feels scary but I figure that to hang on to bigger clothes is almost to give yourself permission to one day fit back into them again.

Keep it up girls . I was 15 stone 2 lbs last may. I've lost 5 stone . It can be done and will be done : ) and Emma - the psychological boost of leaving the 20s is bloody amazing!

I'm starting to become ruthless with my clothes. Obviously I'm still in a 16 jeans wise etc but any 18's I'm just like LATER!!!! :)
Even though I love the majority of the stuff I'm getting rid of. No point in hanging onto stuff that is baggy beyond belief BBB!

I put on .5 of a pound this week, so I was a little disheartened.
But its better than 1lb! :p

Cant believe you only have 4lbs to go! You must feel amazing!!!!

I think photos are perfect for showing us just how far we have come, fab on getting into the size 14 shirt, I am so jealous! ha ha well done you, Em xx

Thanks Em :)

Although I put on .5lbs this week. I'm staying positive. Clothes wise I know the hard work shows. The scales will follow next week hopefully x
Hope you had a good day :)

thanks Gretagrip, you are doing so well with your weight loss, oh its great to get rid of the ruddy clothes that are too big, I'm with you I realised on some level by keeping them I was almost saying I might need them again and almost giving myself permission to go back up in size something I am not willing to do this time around!

I have to admit I've struggled for years to even lose a stone as I just for some reason completely gave up on myself I am ashamed to say, this year I got the very much needed kick up the backside in the form of a sleep apnea mask, a horrible freaky looking thing that I was meant to wear at night, I turned 34 this year and up until very recently had escaped the usual obesity related health issues and then wham they all started coming all at once worst being the sleep apnea and suspected PCOS and I was like "OMG its now or never". I think sadly it took something so serious to make me take action, I never thought I would ever get over 20 stone let alone up to 22 stone 5 lbs, it absolutely horrified and disgusted me if I am honest yet now in 11 weeks I have lost 2 stone 10 lbs all through healthy eating and exercise and have rid myself of the sleep apnea in the process! I just so wish I had done it earlier but maybe I wasn't ready earlier on, I think for me there was a huge issue of remaining big to protect myself as I had been badly abused by this one man and I guess on some level gaining so much weight made me feel like it would never happen again yet it wasn't making me happy. Now I feel ready to shed this body shield and get back to having a normal life where I can run around after my nieces without looking like I'm a heart attack ready to happen!

I think places like minimins are so useful to keep us in contact with others facing similar battles and helps us to be inspired and motivated to carry on.

Em xx

don't worry Lemai, you are doing so well, trust me my body weight can fluctuate so much, I only weigh myself once a week but only 4 weigh ins ago I just stuck at the same sodding weight and I was like arghhh, in fact that would have usually been my excuse to give up on the healthy eating and this time I thought to myself "no way, stick with it" and over the last number of weeks I have had good weight losses again. I think as women in particular our weight can fluctuate so much so don't let something like that get to you as you are doing so incredibly well hun, Em xx

I think there is a lot of truth in the saying ' there is no bigger liar than a dieter ... ' The amount of times I would pretend that my portions were normal or healthy or I hadn't really just eaten 22 brazil nuts and it didn't matter anyway as ' they're healthy ' < ignoring the fact that they contain a million calories! >

You are doing incredibly well Em. And even though it seems to take forever whilst your doing it, that weight will be off quicker than you think. When you start seeing lower weights you suddenly realise that it is really possible to turn things around and the sense of achievement is enormous. You could very easily be 16 stone something by Christmas - and if that isn't the light at the end of the tunnel, I don't know what is...

thanks gretagrip and so very true, portion control has always been an issue for me like with many dieters, I have had to decrease the portion sizes so much now, I dread to think about the size of portions I ate before, at least enough for two people if not more arghh Also when I have my treat meals now when with friends or family my appetite has shrunk so much that what I used to eat looks massive now and I would never get through it all!

So true re seeing the weight go down, it makes you feel so much better, I think we tend to forget how far we have come, I went out with a mate last night but I hadn't seen her since before I started on this plan and when I opened the door she was like "OMG Emma have you been losing weight, its falling off you" whereas I can't see it as much as I see my reflection everyday yet you realise it has to be going as I am needing smaller sized clothes etc so its a real boost when someone you haven't seen for a while truly notices without you saying anything!

You are so near goal Gretagrip, you must be so happy, well done you, Em xx

Yes, a 1lb away now : ) But believe me , it's been a struggle. I know not the struggle that some folk have but a struggle for me. I am - and always have been - a compulsive eater. I do not eat emotionally but I can eat an awful lot of junk and the compulsion to do so is still there. Before this diet I would quite happily not eat any proper meals but graze all day long. Very fond of cake, trifle, chocolate and cheese and a whole block of cheese, a family sized trifle and 4 chocolate bars in one day was not unheard of. I've no idea why? Just like the bloody stuff!

I have had to recognise and accept that I will always have this urge to overeat and that I must mentally be stronger than the urge. It CAN be done but, for me, it is being vigilant at all times. Always being firmly in control and telling myself that emotional hunger is NOT real hunger. I do not wish to put the five stone back on that I have worked so hard to lose over the past 15 months - and I am continually thinking of how I can avoid this.

Food is a drug

Releases the exact same chemical in the brain as nicotine to methamphetamine's!

I'm a total emotional eater and too love cheese, all kindsa cheese NOM!

You really have done so well! :)

Good luck with the last 1lb :)

Thanks. I'm trying hard!

Oh cheese - big love of that. I especially like wensleydale with cranberries and strong cheddar. In fact - most cheeses.

Sadly these days I confine myself to cottage cheese, feta, goat's cheese and low fat mozzarella

Good thread folks - wanted to say well done to all so far. Was doing a wardrobe clearout again this morning and it's starting to get easier - in other words i want to go out and buy something new and smaller:). I have kept one pair of the size 24 trousers that got so tight i finally made the decision to change....looked at them this morning and cant really beleive it! Must do one of those " trouser" photos one day! Keep going all:)

Back