Wardrobe sorting - Not as delighted as I thought I would be

Good thread folks - wanted to say well done to all so far. Was doing a wardrobe clearout again this morning and it's starting to get easier - in other words i want to go out and buy something new and smaller:). I have kept one pair of the size 24 trousers that got so tight i finally made the decision to change....looked at them this morning and cant really beleive it! Must do one of those " trouser" photos one day! Keep going all:)

As you can see I LOVE a trouser photo!

You've done so well so far! You must feel great x

I know how you all feel getting rid of the clothes that are now gone to big. Before joining slimming world I was in a size 32 trousers when a 30 would have fitted me - today I am in a 22 trousers. I am going to keep the 32 trousers to remember where I started from & were I am not going back to again.
I am fitting into clothes I have not worn in 6 years plus at this stage. One of my family members said to me I am sure there is nothing that you will miss clothes wise after loosing the weight and it was nice to see me wearing a color that is not black. I am sure that you all have plenty of black clothes - hides your size & make you look thinner ( this is what we have all told ourselves for years) but the reality is that like me you needed to loose weight and black is not your favorite color.

gretagrip, I can so understand the struggle you talk about, I am personally a complete emotional eater but also was a typical binge eater rather than a compulsive eater and so I starved all day and then binged each evening, never ate any normal food just binge food, you know cakes, biscuits, choc, crisps etc etc my house was empty of food all the time as I would buy the binge food in daily, it was crazy really. I found the key for me was firstly regulating my eating and drinking, so I now eat regular meals throughout the day, so no starvation, I drink regular water based drinks and the food itself has changed to healthier options and I still build in treats as well. I also needed to address the emotional relationship I had with food and have had to over time learn new ways of coping with those feelings other than pushing them down with food. Its such a struggle as I know you understand, I think far too often people see losing weight as such an easy thing whereas for many of us food to us is like alcohol is to an alcoholic or drugs to a drug addict, food is my drug and its far from easy to sort the issues of a lifetime but we are all doing it which is so fab! Em xx

Yes - we ARE tackling it and that's the main thing. Unfortunately the urge doesn't leave you when you reach a normal weight so is definitely vigilance at all times

I had a long planned lunch out today. Breaded mushrooms to start , red pepper and creme fraiche tart with salad and chips for main and apple pie and cream for lunch. I ate three quarters of it and felt uncomfortably full really. Normally a carb feat like this would trigger more eating and a sense of ' I've failed' ... Instead I am going to the gym shortly and feel fully in control and no desire to eat again today.

I think that's progress

I'm subscribing to this thread, largely because of how positive you ladies are.

If there was a way to follow lemai without feeling like a stalker I would, because i have a feeling like I could stay on track just reading her posts!

Good luck everyone :)

Andy x

Ps I'll post my trouser shot later - im still 3st heavier than when it was taken but it's definitely my favourite ever pic of me.

SANY0010-1-2.jpg

wow Andy, what a difference, that photo showing you in your old trousers well that must be motivation in itself! good on you, :D oh and I personally love it that you have done it through lifestyle change rather than a typical diet, seeing peoples journeys like yours always help so much to motivate me and let me see that it can be done if you put the effort in. Em

Last edited:
A lot of the weight was originally lost on lighterlife I'm afraid, although it wasn't so much quick fix, as desperation to turn my life around. It worked!

Now weight is coming off through changing my life. I'll start a diary when I get a chance, as I tend to like to think out loud!

I can understand the desperation that is for sure, sometimes we have to hit rock bottom before we can make the changes we need to make, I think ultimately if you are doing the lifestyle change thing now that is what will mean the difference between maintaining the weight loss and re-gaining, far too often after a diet so many people almost go back to their old ways when ultimately in order to lose weight long term and maintain weight lost lifestyle change is essential which is what you are doing and that is fab! I know for me after so many wasted years of weird diets I have finally realised for long term weight loss I need to make various changes to my life and these small changes are making a massive impact that is for sure. Em

well you've made excellent progress :) And by doing it the way you are, you'll be learning everything you need to learn, so that when you get where you are going, you have already made all the changes you need to make.

I was on that path till I met my wife lol

Something I have found/realised is that it's the fact I have always focussed on weight loss rather than being healthy. I am hopeful I have managed to make that switch now, as I'm finding this so easy and the weight seems to be dropping off again.

very true, I think for years I obsessed about weight loss and what the scales told me far too much, I became some crazed scale hopping idiot ha ha and would try one wacky diet after the other always wanting to lose the weight as fast as I could. Its finally sunk in that I need to make lifestyle changes, so for me that meant literally almost a complete change in lifestyle, I was a typical binge eater before and so would starve all day and binge in the evening, part of the therapy I am now getting to help with this is not just working on the mindset which of course is very important but also insists on me regulating my eating and drinking throughout the day, obviously the types of food I eat now have changed considerably and are much healthier although I still have food treats each week as they work well for me especially if they are in the form of a meal out with family or friends. I feel for me I needed this time to find a way that was sustainable, something I could keep up for the rest of my life and what I am doing now doesn't feel like a diet in the slightest yet the weight is coming off really well plus I have got rid of various health issues already inc sleep apnea just through losing the amount of weight I have already lost so I am feeling positive at the moment. I have never done this before, its so weird that the most obvious way of losing weight long term through a complete change in lifestyle which includes healthy eating & exercise is the one thing most of us decide not to do and instead put ourselves on one weird diet after another. Em

Back