Wedding diet - want the dress and the bikini!

Hi Hun, how is it going?

Just to say, that am getting married in April and to begin with I was struggling to get into the rhythm of SnS, but after a few good talking to from my lovelies on here, n after speaking to my mum on skype ( she's all the way in Mauritius where am going back to get married), the penny has finally dropped!
I don't want to lose 1-2 lbs a week, I want a quick weight loss to look great on the day as its cost my mum, dad n sister a lot of money to sort the wedding out.
What am trying to say here is this: the special day will happen only once, where as the food will be here every single day of the year. It's a small price to pay to look and feel great for that special day which will be shared by all your loved ones. A lot of hard work is going to make the day perfect, n when you look back at the pictures, you will be so proud of yourself for sticking with SnS and the weight.
I've also got my wedding sari/dress on my phone n look at it every time I have a weak moment.
Sorry for long post Hun, just thought of sharing
what how am feeling at moment and what is making me get through this.
Good luck Hun, we can do it and will look stunning at our weddings.
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great idea having your sari on your phone for thinspiration!

Hi Hun, how is it going?

Just to say, that am getting married in April and to begin with I was struggling to get into the rhythm of SnS, but after a few good talking to from my lovelies on here, n after speaking to my mum on skype ( she's all the way in Mauritius where am going back to get married), the penny has finally dropped!
I don't want to lose 1-2 lbs a week, I want a quick weight loss to look great on the day as its cost my mum, dad n sister a lot of money to sort the wedding out.
What am trying to say here is this: the special day will happen only once, where as the food will be here every single day of the year. It's a small price to pay to look and feel great for that special day which will be shared by all your loved ones. A lot of hard work is going to make the day perfect, n when you look back at the pictures, you will be so proud of yourself for sticking with SnS and the weight.
I've also got my wedding sari/dress on my phone n look at it every time I have a weak moment.
Sorry for long post Hun, just thought of sharing
what how am feeling at moment and what is making me get through this.
Good luck Hun, we can do it and will look stunning at our weddings.
Xx

hello sweetie, thanks so much for your msg I really appreciate it. U r completely right. It really is worth it. In fact today which is day 8 has been a good day. Tbh this is the first day I've properly felt happy on sns. My headaches have gone n I'm not hungry all the time! So much more determined now that I am nearing day 9. Really feel like I can do this.

Wow Mauritius! That's amazing! Hows all the planning going? Do u fancy buddying up? Like u say we can do this! Thank u so much again for ur msg very motivating. I'll check out your diary tomorrow as I'm shattered ATM n need to sleep!

good luck to you too Hun. Here's to slim weddings! Xx

Hiya Cat Lover! Thought we'd better stop hijacking MissAmyMarie's diary and chat here!!
Hope today's going well for you hun.
It definitely gets easier as you go, I can say from experience! Just knuckle down to the task at hand
and keep concentrating on the feeling you'll get on the morning of your big day when you wake up SLIM & GORGEOUS
and ready to shimmy down the aisle to say I do, knowing everyone's mouth is hanging open in amazement!
xx

Thanks hun - very motivational :) I tend to have small losses on here (compared to other people) - for eg last week was first week and I *only* lost 6lbs when some people lose up to 12! I was down to 14 stone 13.75 this morning so very very just into the 14s!!! haha! That means Ive lost 7lbs in 11 days which is ok and not brilliant and since first week is supposed to be best week loss wise im thinking the losses are onl gonna be smaller from now on :( I just really NEED to get to goal. I am doing a lot of exercise so maybe that'shaving an effect. I do a bootcamp 3 times a week and go to the gym 7 days a week - just for 30 mins or so a day - so I'm not sure! Gaah!

Another whinge (sorry!) I've really gone off the mealpacks and now all i can really face are the bars and shakes and i dont know why! Did you find that?

Anyway, rant over! How's you doing hun?

xx

Thanks hun - very motivational :) I tend to have small losses on here (compared to other people) - for eg last week was first week and I *only* lost 6lbs when some people lose up to 12! I was down to 14 stone 13.75 this morning so very very just into the 14s!!! haha! That means Ive lost 7lbs in 11 days which is ok and not brilliant and since first week is supposed to be best week loss wise im thinking the losses are onl gonna be smaller from now on :( I just really NEED to get to goal. I am doing a lot of exercise so maybe that'shaving an effect. I do a bootcamp 3 times a week and go to the gym 7 days a week - just for 30 mins or so a day - so I'm not sure! Gaah!

Another whinge (sorry!) I've really gone off the mealpacks and now all i can really face are the bars and shakes and i dont know why! Did you find that?

Anyway, rant over! How's you doing hun?

xx

Hey Catgirl! 6lbs is very respectable, sure most other diets promise a stone in 6-8 weeks if you look at it that way
and you got almost half that off in just one!!
I think if you're exercising so much too you'll naturally be building muscle which weighs more than fat so as far
as I know exercise is not really recommended for the first couple of weeks on a VLCD in order to physically
weigh less on the scales.
But muscle burns more calories in the long run so, while you think your losses are not as high as they could be,
you're investing in your future slim self so it'll all balance out!
Sorry you're finding the meals a bit bland at the moment.
Have you tried making the cottage pie with bouillon? Or with some of your milk allowance which makes it taste like
yummy creamy mash.
I'm loving the mild curry at the moment.
I do chicken, onion & mushroom on the pan (with a dab of olive oil) then I gently heat the curry sauce with part milk, part water
in a separate saucepan then pour it over the chicken etc & let it bubble away then serve on a bed of mashed steamed cauliflour
which has a rice-like texture. It's totally yum!
You'll probably find yourself preferring one thing for ages then you'll go off it and go back to something you used to like!
Experiment a bit! x

Hey Shivie! So sorry for the late reply! I've been neglecting Minimins! Still on the diet - had a bit of a slip up Friday (not too huge) but back on now just had a massive workout sesh!

Thanks so much for the suggestions! How you getting on hun?

X

Here to follow :) xxxx

Just had yummy dinner (including some *banned* veg LOL)

Broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, onion (teensy bit) fried with fry light and loads of dried oregano + italian mixed herbs (150g veg in total)
Spicy spaghetti pack
tagliatelle miracle noodle pack

Yum!

X

Just had yummy dinner (including some *banned* veg LOL)

Broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, onion (teensy bit) fried with fry light and loads of dried oregano + italian mixed herbs (150g veg in total)
Spicy spaghetti pack
tagliatelle miracle noodle pack

Yum!

X

Ooo lovely!!! Sounds delish! Xxx

Doing good hun, on day 23 now ahhh can hardly believe it!!
Mostly favouring hot shakes and curries these cold days! Yum!
You're doing grand hun, keep it up x

Doing good hun, on day 23 now ahhh can hardly believe it!!
Mostly favouring hot shakes and curries these cold days! Yum!
You're doing grand hun, keep it up x

Thanks hun! You too! I've never tried a shake hot - I think I'm scared of either blowing up my shaker! or not liking it hot (I can be funny about things like that) and then wasting a sachet - think I'm going to have to give it a go though - although just read in the email from SnS that they are out of cookies and cream!! Arrggh! Noooo! I love them!

I was never a massive fan of the curry...think I'm going to have to try it again though - your recipe with the chicken sounds yum but I am a vegetarian so wouldn't work for me- also im too greedy to save up two meals for the evening haha. Can't believe it's day 23 for you (22 for me) - and weigh in day for u too right? I lost about 3.5 lbs this week - happy with that. Worked out that I need to lose around 2.5 lbs a week to get to goal by 1st july (which is when I plan on buying wedding dress!) which should be fine - feeling relatively happy with that! I would like to lose more between 1st july and wedding on 20th but well see!

XXX

I have my HL shakes warm sometimes... What ever you do dont but the lid on your shaker as it will explode, believe me, I know!!!

I warm my milk in a pan until it's a drinking temp and then put it in my shaker, add my powder and then whisk it with a fork and drink it without the lid on x

Haha thanks for the advice! See your back on WW now :) Jealous! Also jealous of your height and weight but hey ho LOL! :rolleyes: How's it going? Do you still have some of ur HL shakes then?

xxx

Didn't realise you're veggie hun! I love the idea of being one but just can't give up fish & chicken.
Rarely buy/eat red meat though. The curry would be lovely in a veggie version though. The bit of milk
makes a nice creamy sauce and I actually spice it up with a bit of curry powder as it is a tad bland! x

Morning sweetie! How's it going? Good luck - not that you need it - only 15 weeks until May 15th - 15 weeks is nothing! :) xxxx

Hello lovely, right major proud of myself right now.....not only has nothing but 1 cup of tea and two glasses of water passed my lips............i sat in the meeting with a pile (literally a pile!) of danish pastries under my nose and didnt even cave!!!!

im going to have my first pack soon - mushroom pasta - meeting over ran so missing lunch and just going home at 4pm, quick trip to Tesco to get veggies - and potatos for OH, then home to see my puppy!!! im really excited!!! hehe! 15 weeks.........is that it?!?! piece of cake.......wait piece of .... s&s bar ;)!!!!

Hows your day going? xxxx

Back