What are your SW Lifesavers?

Legomom said:
Frozen grapes. They really hit my spot lol and they are freeeeeeeeee!!!! Also curly wurly and WW extra thick cream. It's 2syns for a blob and turns even boring fruit salad into something luxurious!!! I also LOVE the aero mousse desert mix (like angel delight) I make it up with my Hex of milk and it comes in under 2 syns for a bowlful. (mix it with a chopped banana and a crushed alpen for a BIG bowl of naughty pud lol) it's perfect for after Sunday roast when the rest of the family tuck into a fudge cake!!!

That sounds good. Hmm will be buying aero mix this week lol

Frozen grapes, I love them. Hi-Fi bars, ditto. Tinned tomatoes, there's very little that can't be improved with the addition of tinned tomatoes. Crab sticks - so handy for a savoury snack!

I tried frozen grapes for the first time last week and hated them. I really expected to like them. However, I do buy frozen raspberries/ blueberries and mango from Tesco and i love to have a bowl of raspberries or mango straight from the freezer :D

Scarlett Desire said:
I tried frozen grapes for the first time last week and hated them. I really expected to like them. However, I do buy frozen raspberries/ blueberries and mango from Tesco and i love to have a bowl of raspberries or mango straight from the freezer :D

Oooooh frozen mango!! I like zeeeee sound of this!!

Frozen green grapes are much better than frozen red grapes for some reason - the red are far too sweet and don't really taste of much, I think.

Huffpot said:
Frozen mango...that sounds good...you could blend it up with Muller light for a yummy treat mmmm

Syns if you blend it, surely?

I love frozen mango. It freezes to a consistency you can eat straight away but if you defrost it, it tastes just like fresh. Tesco often have 3 packs for £5 in their frozen fruit range.

I have been awake since 3am with a horrendous headache, my insomnia back with a vengeance and worse with menopausal night sweats (menopause controlled by pill but sweats are intolerable on the week off) and now it's 5.30 and already I've eaten half a melon and a mugshot. Normally do red days but only carbs will do when TOTM and all of the above strike. Mugshots are my standby when normally only crisps will do and mikados (0.5), curly wurlys (6), hifi's (3 or hex) or treat size bags of haribos (3) are my staples when I crave something sweet. Going to try the frozen mango though sounds lovely.

Peacelily it might be worth talking to your GP about running your pill packs back to back so you don't have a bad week with all the sweats, etc.

Sleepy59 said:
Peacelily it might be worth talking to your GP about running your pill packs back to back so you don't have a bad week with all the sweats, etc.

Thanks I run 3 packs together so only happens every 9 weeks and I absolutely dread it when it comes around. I don't think I could cope if it was every three weeks! Three packs is apparently the max according to the doc, wish it was more. Not to give tmi but my periods are also terribly heavy so have that waking me too. Shouldn't complain as it is only every 9 weeks and before I went on the pill I was having a nightmare!

Love this thread! I have so many SW lifesavers it's unreal!

If it's something savoury I'm craving, I reach for things like: Velvet Crunch (4 Syns), BabyBel Lights (3 for a Healthy A), little cherry tomatoes, slices of ham/pieces of chicken, SW potato wedges (particularly nice with BBQ FryLight and Aromat), etc.

If I'm craving something quite sweet I love things like: Rocky Road Hi-Fi Lights (3 Syns each or 2 for a Healthy B), Freddos (5 Syns), a frozen Curly Wurly snapped up into pieces (6 Syns and lasts ages!), Mikado (half a syn each), Rich Tea Fingers (1 Syn each), a slice of the Half Syn cake, etc.

I'm really hungry now :drool: :giggle:

Thanks I run 3 packs together so only happens every 9 weeks and I absolutely dread it when it comes around. I don't think I could cope if it was every three weeks! Three packs is apparently the max according to the doc, wish it was more. Not to give tmi but my periods are also terribly heavy so have that waking me too. Shouldn't complain as it is only every 9 weeks and before I went on the pill I was having a nightmare!

Might be worth talking to a differnt doctor as mine said I could run up to 6 packs together if I wanted to. I don't think I ever ran more than 4 together but I used to have very heavy periods and I timed my periods to uni holidays as I couldn't make it through a 2 hour lecture!

Mine is definitely cottage cheese :)

Sorry to butt in, but have you ever considered replacing the pill with the contraceptive implant? I had an awful time when I was on the pill and since getting the implant roughly 4 years ago I've not had a period since! Makes life so much easier.

My new life saver is the magic pancakes. People were talking about them at my meeting last week, and on a whim I gave them a try and they are FREE and GORGEOUS. Even to the point that my OH asks for them now! x

Princess_Stevie said:
Sorry to butt in, but have you ever considered replacing the pill with the contraceptive implant? I had an awful time when I was on the pill and since getting the implant roughly 4 years ago I've not had a period since! Makes life so much easier.

Have had the implant and had to have it removed as I just was on a permanent light period for about a year. At one point I was on the implant and the mini pill. Have had two mirena coils, one of which was inserted under general anaesthetic- both fell out! I think I will look into the 6 packs together sleepy that sounds ideal. I have been having problems since my first period. Sorry have hijacked the thread. Still liking the mugshots. Have had two today now. They really are my standby comfort food at the moment.

My new life saver is the magic pancakes. People were talking about them at my meeting last week, and on a whim I gave them a try and they are FREE and GORGEOUS. Even to the point that my OH asks for them now! x

What are magic pancakes? I searched the site and only found recipes for ones made with oats so they wouldn't be free.

Last edited:
i use my syns on 'naughty' stuff to keep me on track... or if im really down, needing a blow or just anything then i will have takeaway or i will have the chocolate/crisps an dips.... i just start the next day as a new path. i dont think id ever 'give up' on SW as its changed my life an will always do things SW way x

Back