What is your inspiration? For me it is the wardrobe full of clothes I don't fit into!

RawrGirl has a wardrobe full of clothes that no longer fit, but at the moment even that can't inspire her...because all those clothes fit her only months ago. After 22 years of trying to lose about 20-30 pounds and only ever losing and gaining the same 10 over and over and then finally hit goal and even mostly maintained it for over a year, she gained 20 of it back over this past summer. RawrGirl is very discouraged, disgusted with herself, and frustrated. She wants the weight back off right now. She doesn't feel like going on another diet for months and months and last time it took 4 months to lose it (just in time for Christmas) but now, there is only about 2 months till Christmas, so now matter what she does she most likely will not get back into those clothes by then...and then all family will know after 22 years of trying and finally making it, she failed to keep it off. :(

There are so many forums on this site I don't know if this kind of forum exists but I thought I may as well start a new one.

Does anyone else have a closet full of clothes with nothing to wear? I never realised how big a size I was getting, for months every time I tried on a size 20/22 and it didn't fit I put it down to the store sizes being strange but now I am starting a new job and I have literally nothing to wear! I am hoping this is what will get me through till Christmas when I should be back to my old weight, and keep me going after Christmas to maintain my weight!

Anyone else want to share what is spurring them on to lose or maintain their weight?

My motivation is to support my wife who is also on the diet and also to reduce my BMI to a health level if I can.
Also looking to lose weight to help with my powerlifting totals at the gym.

Mine is a mixture of wanting to be healthy and not wanting to turn into my sister (who is basically a lost cause, a constant dieter who never loses a single lb and now weighs about 27st), plus wanting to look good. I'm 23 and all my friends are tiny little size 8s. I'm the huge 6ft tall size 18 standing next to them in pictures and I hate being the fat friend.

My inspiration has been seeing recent photos of myself and not liking it. I also have 3 kids and want to set a better example to them.

Back