what meals are you addicted too???

I love lentil and bacon soup, yummy and really filling.

I love pastry free quiche- you use wafer thin ham instead of pastry, then fill with a egg, quark and any free veg, meat and put in the oven for 30 mins, or until firm. Great for taking to work for lunch. My other half loves this as pastry gives him heart burn. Very tasty. I made this for a buffet over Xmas and people loved it

What are LM sausages and where can I buy them?! I'm missing my bangers and mash!

im guessing Linda McCartney? they sell them in asda and iceland x

Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, frozen, 6 pkt, can buy them in Tesco, Adsa and Waitrose- not sure about Morrisons or Sainsburys as I don't shop in there. Asda currently have them 2 pkts for £3 and Waitrose have them 25% off a pkt.

I love pastry free quiche- you use wafer thin ham instead of pastry, then fill with a egg, quark and any free veg, meat and put in the oven for 30 mins, or until firm. Great for taking to work for lunch. My other half loves this as pastry gives him heart burn. Very tasty. I made this for a buffet over Xmas and people loved it

I love this too but use bacon as the bottom and use egg, milk and grated cheese instead of quark as I don't like the taste. Made one yesterday and my OH has just about eaten it all! Lol

I am addicted to this sauce at the moment. Is is a real sweet BBQ tomato(ish) sauch. Here are the ingredients:

1.5 small onion, coarsely chopped,
1 tsp lazy garlic
250 ml carton Passata
1/8 (2 oz) cup sweetener
1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
0.5 teaspoon Colemans English mustard powder
0.5 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
0.5 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional

I had it with pork chops last night and it was yummy, also really good with braising steak in the slow cooker.

Yummy!!! xxx

spagetti carbonara and egg and bacon fried rice :)

today i had a cooked brekky of poached egg (poached in cling film pockets) weight watchers bacon and a weight watchers petit pain HEXB!
IT FELT SO WRONG BUT ASTED SOOOOOO GOOD!
I can see poaching y eggs in such a way is going to be my new thing!

I get good losses when I make soup as a rule - I love root veg soup especially and I really enjoy making it. This weeks soup was curried carrot and swede - I'm hoping it has pulled me back from the brink!

My other favourite things to cook at the moment are potato-spinach curry, cauliflower ricotta lasagne and forty clove chickpeas from Appetite for Reduction. I am very much addicted to forty clove chickpeas served with cheesy mash - yum!

Sorry I'm new to this forum so please excuse my naivety but what is Appetite for Reduction? and can you share your recipes for potato-spinach curry and forty clove chickpeas please :eat:

Yes it is! Thank you Rochelle ;) It's my favourite cook book and very SW friendly!

Back