Why are you HERE?

So what you're saying is there's no hope even if I'm skinny?! :giggle:

I guess that could be true and at 5"2 with quite a small frame maybe I am damned for all eternity!! I live in hope :) xx

Oops yeah I guess it does sound a bit like that!
I reckon it must make enough difference to help - we might still get a bit of rubbing right at the top with skirts, but not low enough down for it to matter when wearing shorts!
Hope so anyway - it makes me feel so revolting.

One of my main goals is getting rid of my man boobs, and I am getting there.........:)

to be able to buy a pair of knee high boots in a 'normal' shop. I'm nearly there, tried on some calf high ones the other day and they fit

to be able to buy a pair of knee high boots in a 'normal' shop. I'm nearly there, tried on some calf high ones the other day and they fit

This!! I have a lovely pair I got in sale which I can only get up so far. I have hidden them so my skinny legged sister doesn't make off with them ;)

Totally with you on that one, I love that skinny jeans with knee high boots look. I have the jeans though they are a size 18 but I cant get them tight enough around my calves to wear nice boots over them. I constantly think about how all these lovely fashion trends are passing me by and if I don't lose weight soon, I'll be too bloody old for trendy stuff!

I'd like to get rid of my bum shelf so cardigans, jumpers and tops don't "settle" there. You know, bum shelf.... :)

OMG, this is me, huge bum shelf, I actually feel so relieved seeing someone putting that in writing haha! Do you find then that because you have a bum shelf, when you buy jeans or trousers to fit the rest of your body, you've a gap down the back of them that you could fit a week's shopping into? Bloody hate that!! :mad:

I read the first post and had to comment... 'lady products'? Do you mean sanitary towels and tampons? We're all adults here so no need for twee euphemisms, surely!

Not having to go for the last size on a row of clothes (done), been comfortable in my seat on the plane because seatbelt too tight (will be testing this out after Christmas when going to NZ and OZ) and been able to take off my wedding and engagement rings for the first time in 13 years of marriage (done)

I want to be able to sit crossed legged on a sun bed in my bikini without feeling like me whole bum/back/thigh combo doesn't fill the width of the sun bed!

This! I'm pleased to say I have finally accomplished it. Today I'm wearing a size 12 pair of skinny jeans with normal knee high boots :) The natural high is amazing.

I read the first post and had to comment... 'lady products'? Do you mean sanitary towels and tampons? We're all adults here so no need for twee euphemisms, surely!

I was being tongue in cheek. I'm all for plain speaking. It was a mild swipe at over protection of sensibilities. Sorry, clearly the nuance was lost

I want to feel comfortable in my swimming costume when I go to Rhodes in May. Also my little boy will be nearly 2 by then so I want to be able to chase him round without everything wobbling!

I want to get pregnant with baby no.2 and not have every single scan/midwife appointment centred round the "well you do have a high BMI". I don't want to be made to have FOUR glucose tests just because I am over weight. I would have liked to have had a low risk pregnancy but due to a emcs last time that won't happen...would be nice if they didn't basically tell me it's my fault I'm having a cesarean because I'm too fat! Also I long to wear jeans and a top without the slightest hint of gunt. Xx

I want to get pregnant with baby no.2 and not have every single scan/midwife appointment centred round the "well you do have a high BMI". I don't want to be made to have FOUR glucose tests just because I am over weight. I would have liked to have had a low risk pregnancy but due to a emcs last time that won't happen...would be nice if they didn't basically tell me it's my fault I'm having a cesarean because I'm too fat! Also I long to wear jeans and a top without the slightest hint of gunt. Xx

Haha I was just about to say, I want to get rid of my gunt (which, for some reason my OH calls a grunt pmsl)! I hate it!

I also want my 2yo to stop telling everybody I have a baby in my tummy, lifting up my top and shouting, 'Look! In there!' :D

I have a new one!

I want to get out of the bath without creating a mini tsunami down the other end of the tub!! I swear the water level drops 5". Haha.

I have a new one!

I want to get out of the bath without creating a mini tsunami down the other end of the tub!! I swear the water level drops 5". Haha.

Hmmm bath. I dream of a steamy bubble bath but in actual fact the reality is that I will squish myself in the bath and inevitably end up with freezing boobs/belly where there isn't enough water to cover. Up the water and I can't breathe in and out without flooding the bathroom. Quick turn over...freezing bum and neck ache. X

Haha I was just about to say, I want to get rid of my gunt (which, for some reason my OH calls a grunt pmsl)! I hate it!

I also want my 2yo to stop telling everybody I have a baby in my tummy, lifting up my top and shouting, 'Look! In there!' :D

Haha luckily my 18mo doesn't know that one yet... Although if I'm naked she does grab my belly, shake it with both hands and shout...."oooooooh" x

Haha luckily my 18mo doesn't know that one yet... Although if I'm naked she does grab my belly, shake it with both hands and shout...."oooooooh" x

Love this. The other day my three year old asked if I was rubbing the white stuff (moisturiser) into my belly to "make it smaller". Nice.

I have a new one!

You know those swimming pools where water is filled right up to the top... so when you get in there is a big overflow of water into the drain? I always imagine that somewhere underneath there is a huge over-flow can, like from school science class, to measure my volume!

Back