Why are you HERE?

I would love to have a good photo of myself with my family and not obsess about the way I look. Also the jeans thing.

Anonsw, I'm the same although a few in my family are overweight but all the bigger siblings we are all losing a lot of weight at the moment so I think a family photo will have to be taken once all the weight is gone yayyyyy

I'm here as I am so unhappy in my own skin , Im fattest in my family Im fattest amongst my friends an I'm fattest person I know an I can't go into a shop an buy clothes I have to shop online for my size an I CNT do everyday normal things as I can't breath with all this weight on me ,I wana change an its gonna be a long road but I'm gonna have to stick at it or I'm gonna end up in an early grave, I only started this journey 3weeks ago but I already feeling great within myself.

Good luck on your journey Laura. I think this is a great site for help when and where you need it.
This combined with your willpower will help you to get that weightloss you aim for. It's not an easy road but you will get there. The fact you already feel better is a great incentive to keep up the good work.

This will sound stupid, but you know in films where the chap picks the lady up when he hugs her. I want that! I want my OH to be able to pick me up without having to use a crane!

Same reasons as you all really!
For me it's to fit in rides at theme parks comfortably!
I went on holiday to Orlando at the beginning of the month - now I did fit on the rides but the seats were so tight on my bum/thighs and the seat belt only 'just' buckled!
So I know now that if I go back without losing weight then I'm not going to fit on the rides and that makes me so sad! It's my favourite place in the world and I want to continue to enjoy it!

So many reasons! These are my faves...

I want to be able to go out in the summer and not be dripping in sweat after only 5 minutes. Even worse when other people to look at me say "oh, is it raining outside?" Cringe.

When my son says "Cmon mum, i'll race ya" and then actually be able to do it. For years I have made excuses that I cant run coz of my "bad back". Sigh. I actually raced him for the first time ever this year and he was so shocked he just stood there mouth wide open then he cried...then I cried... Then we laughed and ran together for the first time ever. :D

The best one happened last month in the park. I sat on the swing and didnt get stuck :D

Wow Siggy74 that is amazing. I have no children but I would be able to play with my nieces and nephews too and be able to go playing football with them, isn't it amazing we all are the same

I want my fiance to be able to pick me up and carry me after our wedding like they do in the movies. I used to weigh just under 8st and he would pick me up all the time but now he doesn't anymore.

Id like to look like a hottie in the buff! It's amazing what my clothes can make look acceptable... But take them off and it's not attractive!!!

The dreaded belly apron!

And me! I've thrown out so many jeans and trousers over the years because of them wearing away at the seams, it's so annoying. I can't even comfortably wear a loose skirt in the summer without making sure I won't have much walking to do in it because if I do, my bare thighs will rub together and get hot and sore and I'll have a red patch on both for a few days afterwards. If I wanted to wear a skirt, I'd end up wearing one of those control knickers underneath that come down your thighs and then I'd defeat the purpose of the cool summer skirt because I'd be sweating in the huge tight knickers!!

On the thigh note it would be nice not to slather my thighs with talc powder before I go out in a skirt due to the sweaty rubbing pains!

Id like to look like a hottie in the buff! It's amazing what my clothes can make look acceptable... But take them off and it's not attractive!!!

The dreaded belly apron!

I'm the same emsuper, the only problem with me now is that I have lost 4st I have serious stretch marks now but apparently I have been told Vitamin E cream or Bio Oil can rectify that (will buy them in Penney's/your equivalent Primark at the weekend) and I have serious flab now too so have to start my sit ups this weekend too so that I can tone up.

Can I ask someone how do you work out what size clothes you should be, when I started slimming world I was a size 26 (just) and I have lost 4st now, do you drop a dress size after losing 10Ibs, someone told me that. I think officially I am a Size 20 (without elastic) now although it depends on where I buy my clothes

I'm lucky everything is stretching back into shape so my skin isn't too bad, I'm naturally olive skinned too so I'm really lucky

Re clothes sizes I'm not sure there is a hard n fast science to it but personally I've noticed I'm a clothes size for each stone! This has always been the case with me and I think most of the women in my family too!

I was thinking after I posted this that if my theory were correct then what I say is true. At the time I started slimming world I was a size 26 but I could technically have been a big 24 too and I have lost 56Ibs so that would indicate 5 dress sizes and a little bit, I think I need to start toning up now at this stage, sit ups have to start really soon and tighten those stomach muscles in

I look forward to the day I can have my photo taken and not beg the person to delete it! I hate my triple chin and fat neck and moobs! :( But I'm going to stick to plan and one day they will be gone! :)

Back