Why are YOU losing weight? <3

I'm losing weight because I don't want to spend this Christmas day crying on the bed because the dress I want to wear is too tight. I ended up having to wear jeans and a jumper and spent the day with Andy's family sweltering.... Never again, this year will be a slinky red size 14 dress (or 12's) and a happy me :)

there are the other usual reasons to but we all know what they are x

I am the lead musician in a swing band and this means we have loads of photos taken. I just look old and like a mountain. I want to look good sitting there in the middle of the front row ( I also want to get some 1940s style dreses for gigs!)

L

I did the Cambridge Diet a few years ago intending to get down to a low enough BMI to have IVF, and then fell pregnant naturally and put all the weight (and more) back on. I have a lovely son to show for it though!

I had a miscarriage earlier this year and it was the push I need to lose the weight again. I turn 40 next month and time is running out to have a sibliing for my little boy. I read that weight can increase the risk of miscarriage and feel it was my fault so have terrible guilt about it. My little boy starts school in two years and I don't want to be the fattest mum at the school gate, or to be the reason he gets picked on by other kids so now is the time to do something about it. Plus, I want to see him grow up and the way I was going I'd be lucky to be alive in ten years.

I am fed up with always being controlled by the bathroom scales and what I weigh - some days there is very little headspace left for anything else.

I know that being thinner will not give me a better job, husband, house, family but it will hopefully allow me to see all the good things that I have and stop me obsessing about numbers and judging my day/week on how fat I am feeling.

I also hate the thought of my daughter becoming obsessed with her weight and having to live her life like I do or worse still be so obsessed it makes her poorly.

Those are my main motivators really but I would also love to look fab in my underwear/a bikini - but then again who wouldn't!

Because I'm tired of using my weight as an excuse to be a coward! "I'd do that if only I was thinner..." No more excuses!!

Because I'm tired of using my weight as an excuse to be a coward! "I'd do that if only I was thinner..." No more excuses!!

So true - I really do have to remind myself that life isnt going to suddenly become trouble free just because I am thin - I am very fortunate with the life I have (but I would like to be thin too!)

Because I want to be healthier. Am only 21 and feel that my weight is stopping me doing what I want to do - really want to go to disney land but am terrified I will be too big for the rides and be hugely embarrassed when they ask me to get off . Plus I am sick of avoiding mirrors and cameras x

I'm doing it because I want to feel fit and agile, and I'm a bridesmaid next year, and because I'm going on holiday! Enough reasons lol!

I'm doing it because I have piled weight on with a mix of medication and inactivity. I used to struggle to get to 8 stones a few years ago. Besides, I want to feel good about myself and be healthy and hopefully lower my cholesterol...

So many reasons...I want to be healthy, being overweight leads to so many health complications and if I can prevent that I will!
Also I want to be able to run fast for the army - carrying around 3 stone more than I should is obviously going to make things more difficult.

The last reason, and it's a bit silly really but I want to get a hot body to show my ex what he could have had. Hahaha, well it's motivation anyway!

If I'm completely honest its 95% vanity for me lol...I have ongoing health issues and going out is often difficult for me. I feel when I'm bigger than average that I am more noticeable - when I do go out I don't really want to be noticed, and I suppose part of me feels I will blend in better if I am, well, average weight xD

I did get down to target for my sister's wedding in 2013, and also found I actually feel more confident when I am at a weight I am happy with. Since last August though I've been completely off plan, up until 2 weeks ago when I realised that if I didn't stop the spiral of gaining then I would end up back at square one before too much longer! My original weight was 12st 2lbs, but I'd lost a bit before I joined minimins which is why that says 11-something xD And I honestly don't want to put myself back in that place of feeling so low about myself, hating mirrors etc - I don't think I will ever love mirrors, but not desperately avoiding them would be nice xD Its vain and shallow I know lol, but I just feel less stressed out by my 'issues' regarding what people might be thinking about me if I am a weight I feel alright with. I suppose I just want to feel better about myself, and unfortunately for me I have a shallow side which links feeling better to being thinner xD

There's the obvious health benefits from losing weight which I'm already feeling - but for me, losing the weight is as much about feeling comfortable with myself and feeling more confident in my own skin :) I'm also hoping that I will be getting married (finally!) in the next couple of years and starting a family a healthier me!! :)

had a minor operation last year and the hospital caused an infection. I got sepsis and nearly died. Since then I have decided that as I still have my life! I should make the most of it and get fitter and healthier than I have ever been. My whole adult life I have been overweight? I have missed out on so much because of lack of confidence and hiding away because of my weight.

I've just spent a few minutes reading your posts, thank you. It's now occurred to me that I have a host of reasons.
1). The first one has to be to improve my health, when I started I suffered with Planter Facitis, which is a very painful weight related foot problem. All the research I did looking at it started with"weight loss helps".

2). The next one is vanity, I gained weight after settling down, I'm gutted by my weight gain. But I've enjoyed every meal and every glass of wine with my husband.

3). the third one is probably to do with looking after myself, convienience and take away food had crept in and the effect was making me sluggish and low. Since cooking again I feel cleaner, more energetic.

4). The last one (it was the first one but when we hit a setback it affected my weight loss, so it's now just a side line now I've refocused) is we want to start a family and being over weight and having ivf does not give you the best chances....we need the best chances because we are only going for one attempt. First appointment is in April and we need to have cycle this summer (there's a wait list for a donor).

5). Maybe one more, and the biggest reason.....I want to be proud of myself and I want my husband to feel proud when we go out.

I want to lose weight so my overall health improves. At my age I'm at risk of diabetes 2, heart problems and stroke. I've just got out of hospital after being diagnosed with gallstones and an enlarged fatty liver. I now have problems with my knees and cannot walk upstairs easily. Time to get on with the much needed weight loss and live the life I should be living. Onward and upwards!!
:talk017:

Fertility! I'm 36 which makes me "old". Either the shrinking me will help mother nature along or I'll get to under 28 BMI for IVF.

Back