Why are you losing weight?

I am doing this as I am going to be 30 this year :eek: and I want to look hot dammit!! I am doing this for me and no one else. I have to start learning to love myself and take care of myself too. The worst thing is going clothes shopping and nothing fits properly. I had a baby last year and I feel so frumpy. I am still in my prime and want to be a hot mama not a frumpy one lol!!

I want to lose weight for lots of reasons but there are two main ones.

The first one is that I have a healthy, happy, active son and I never want to pass my bad eating and exercise habits onto him.

The second sounds incredibly vain, but it's very true. I'm a huge lover of fashion and yet all I ever wear are jeans and hoodys to hide my weight, I want to be able to wear a fitted outfit and not have lumps and bumps everywhere.

I want to lose weight for lots of reasons but there are two main ones.

The first one is that I have a healthy, happy, active son and I never want to pass my bad eating and exercise habits onto him.

The second sounds incredibly vain, but it's very true. I'm a huge lover of fashion and yet all I ever wear are jeans and hoodys to hide my weight, I want to be able to wear a fitted outfit and not have lumps and bumps everywhere.

There's nothing vain about that. I think that's what everyone on here wants, to be able to look good in their clothes :D

I want to lose weight primarily for my health, I have pcos, gallstones and an underactive thyroid and have been told if I lose the weight my body will start working as it should do! Got told this by the Dr about 15 yrs ago, and still struggling!

The other reason is I really want to turnaround to all those nay sayers around me and say 'see, I told you I could do it' ;)

I want to lose weight so I can feel more confident in my skin!

I work in the music industry which is always judging you by your looks! I'm not a huge girl (size 14 at my biggest) but there are so many roles that I cannot apply for because the average size is an 8-10 (with costumes already made)

Plus I want to look GOOD when I'm strutting my stuff on stage! :bunnydance:

Great question..hhmmmm... so many reasons:
1. I want to be healthy
2. I want to look better
3. I want to feel less self conscious
4. I want to experience all of the things my weight has stopped me doing (like enjoying swimming with my kids, running around with my kids instead of just watching them....)
5. I want to wear clothes I like not just clothes that fit
6. I want to wear all of my smaller clothes I have in the loft!!
7. I want to be able to shop in any clothes shop, not just the ones that do big sizes!
8. I want to have more energy
9. I want people to see me for me and not just the fat
10. I want to wear skinny jeans and mini skirts!!
11. I want to throw away all of my big clothes
12. I want to succeed at this
13. I want people to stop observing my eating (is she sticking to the diet? she looks like she's gaining again! etc)
14. I want to be able to tie my shoe laces/put on tights or socks without being out of breathe
15. I want to feel attractive
16. I want to get back the old me
17. I want to be able to go on a night out without it being a trauma (what can I wear / I'll feel uncomfortable all night / I don't want to go...)
18. I want to be able to enjoy life to the full :)
19. I want to feel proud of myself
20. I want my family to be proud of me (specifically for succeeding at losing and maintaining weight loss)

Gosh..... lots of reasons really :eek:

My weight has been increasing by about half a stone each year since I left university (sedentary office job, and a sweet tooth) - I want to lose weight so that I can feel comfortable being more active (swimming without feeling self conscious, running without increased stress on my joints, improved flexibility). I'd also like to be able to fit the clothes sitting unused in my cupboards! :)

Partly because I hate the way I look but I'm also incredibly unfit! I live in a really hilly area and boy is walking up those hills tough sometimes!

I want to lose weight so I can look like how I feel. My weight has been creeping from a size 10 at 16 to now a size 16 at 26 and I want to stop it. I have just come back from holiday and I barely recognised myself in the pictures...it's time for a change. A new Eefs by Christmas!

I'm trapped in a bubble that stops me from excelling in life because of my weight... being bullied in school has done nothing for my confidence, unemployed and panic when it comes to interviews because I worry about how I look and having to tell someone what size clothing for a uniform, makes me feel so sick.

After a recent break up with a partner too and being called every name under the sun including "Hagrid" and "Fat Beast" I told them I wouldn't always be fat but they would always be a foul and revolting creature! So proving myself and I have applied for college next year to study agriculture as farming is a big dream of mine and being slim sure would help along the way!

I'm doing it for me- because I don't fit into a lot of my clothes at the moment and my weight has increased noticeably in the past few months. I think I have lost some confidence and I want to get it back!

I will get rid of this weight because I am sick of hiding in my own body! health reasons as well, am having foot surgery in 2 weeks and need to get rid of this weight to give me a fighting chance of walking/dancing again. 7 stone will be gone for Good by this time next year orbefore if I have my way!

My confidence has gone, i lost 2 stone just by being pregnant, i ate crap the whole time. I have 10 stone to lose now, its alot but i know i can do it this time! I feel so confident, even though it will be so very hard, I CAN DO IT!!!!!!

I started losing weight because of my health. I weighed nearly 22 stone, and I had raised intracranial pressure which was making me lose my peripheral vision - basically I was so fat I was going blind! I had to have regular spinal taps to drain off excess fluid and lower the pressure. I'm already hard of hearing and the prospect of losing my sight as well was enough to kick me into action when I'd had my head in the sand for far too long.

I'm still losing weight because:
- I love clothes shopping now. I used to buy whatever I could fit into (biggest size in Evans didn't always fit,) now I can choose things that suit my personality, that bring out my eyes, that go with my favourite pair of shoes... it's just so much fun! Some of my favourite clothes are from hippy-shops (I don't know a better word for that, but you know the shops that smell of Nag Champa?) and they're usually made in Asia and even the XLs are tiny! I'd like to be able to fit into more of those.
- I'm not in the healthy weight range yet, and I'd like to be somewhere in the middle of healthy. I don't like leaving a job unfinished, and I'm not at the goal I set myself yet!
- I'm not happy with my shape, I'd like a smaller waist and smaller thighs. I'd also like magically larger boobs but I don't think Slimming World's going to do that for me...
- I'd like to have some of my excess skin removed surgically, and they're less likely to do that for me while I'm still overweight.
- I want to look as good as possible at my brother's wedding in July, and to be able to spend all night on the dance floor.

Back