Xena's Last 10 Pounds...

Been stuck at 10 stone 3 for a while but just found my tape measure and my waist is now smaller than it's ever been, even than when I was half a stone lighter!

I am at weigh in this morning and to be honest don't think it will be good after Saturday but I have measured myself today and have lost an inch everywhere so it is not always what the scales say.

Been stuck at 10 stone 3 for a while but just found my tape measure and my waist is now smaller than it's ever been, even than when I was half a stone lighter!

That is fab! I am guessing because you are exercising more, you have improved how much lean muscle tissue you have, so although you are heavier on the scales you are actually in better shape overall :)

I have felt tons better too since I started thinking of the bigger picture. I think for me because I started exercise and weight loss at the same time, there is quite a lot going on with my body, which means the actual drop on the scales is slower. I don't mind though as long as the measurements go down!

x

I think it's time to get real...

i've just been out for a meal and stuffed my face full of food I didn't really want! Fish and chips and sticky toffee pudding! I binge eat and i dont know why!

My heart has just not been in it for the last week or so, although i have been doing a fair bit of running.

I'm still at 10 stone 3 and don't have far to go til i'm happy with my weight and maybe that's what's stopping me.

I think i am bored with the faffing of calorie counting when i dont have anything to properly aim for so I am giving myself a talking to and starting afresh tomorrow (again!)

Ive decided I'm going to give meal replacement shakes a try (slim fast style, but I've got tesco ultra slim ones as they were cheaper!) I think I just need something more rigid so that I stick to it properly and dont have any excuses.

I am going to stick to 1200 calories a day and try and do at least 30 mins of exercise a day. Having the shakes for 2 meals a day plus one main meal and a few snacks. I will make room for the odd milkybar! Considering doing this just in the week and then counting calories normally at the weekend but I'll see how it goes.

I've got a party to go to in a couple of weeks and hopefully I can lose about 5 pounds by then. I want to feel really great in a new dress (going to look for one at the weekend).

Doing this once and for all!

my legs are still aching from the running - that'll teach me for not stretching!

Your BMI is fine, you are not gaining and you are exercising which is all good.

Did you go to Hickory's ? They opened one near us a couple of weeks ago and when I look at the menu I thank goodness I am veggie or would be in there every week :)

Your BMI is fine, you are not gaining and you are exercising which is all good. Did you go to Hickory's ? They opened one near us a couple of weeks ago and when I look at the menu I thank goodness I am veggie or would be in there every week :)

No we couldn't get in so we went to the black house grill which is mainly steaks, they didn't have anything I fancied. It wasn't that great to be honest! I was looking forward to hickorys :(

Since Thursday I have been replacing 2 meals a day with ultra slim shakes and sticking to 1200 cals a day, and am now down to my lowest post-October weight of 10 stone half a pound!

Have started a thread in the slim fast forum but I won't be doing it forever - when I get to my goal I'll still go back to counting calories generally so I will keep checking in here :)

Well done. Don't think I could manage on the shakes. I used to make whole fruit shakes in my Vitamix (it blends the whole thing including pips and stalks etc) but I wanted something to eat after I had had one. I then started taking them to the gym to drink afterwards which was not a good idea made with 2 apples and a banana, easy to drink.
Just driven past Hickory's and the car park was heaving - looking at their facebook page it is full all the time.

It just makes it easier to count calories and takes away the need to think about what to eat.

I had a shake for breakfast and then in town had tomato soup and a roll (no butter) which I thought was good l, then it all went downhill when a very attractive young man gave me a free bar of galaxy! And now I'm going to my friends for tea and she's made a pie, oops! Ah well I will get back on it tomorrow. I've bought a new skimpy going out dress so that's a good incentive to keep on track :)

Back