80 Days to go - for 62 yr old widow (15th December 2012)

Freedom Pass

Widowed over 6 years ago. Happy to have met and be loved by a lovely. caring, widower. Having my dress made - but designer/dressmaker aware that I intend to be 12 stone or less by 15th December. Happy, nervous, excited every emotion going, I can/do/have feel/felt it.

We are not religious, and are not fond of The Wedding March, so are looking for music to enter ceremony to "Albatross " was first thought, however I love Rodrigo's Concerto De Aranjuaz. One problem it often makes me cry. Dare I?????

Absolutely! Mandatory to cry at your own wedding, i practically sobbed my way up the aisle to pachelbels canon in D we had a violinist play. Good luck with the diet! :)

Beautiful music. Waterproof mascara is a must then

Thinking about the fast approaching date - realised that there are a whole load of things I don't KNOW.

Although I've been married before, it has been by Special Licence and with no fuss, with only witnesses.

At what point do you throw your bouquet?

At a civil ceremony - does the bride walk in after everyone is seated, or is she just there?

Al just says do what you want, but I don't want anyone to feel short changed. I've not been to many weddings, and mainly simple registry office ones, or formal church ones.

He's right, it's your day but I understand about wanting to put on a good show. Every wedding I've ever seen/been to the bride is announced and walked up the 'aisle' by someone. For my mums second marriage (she was 58 he was 70) my 30 year old brother walked her in. Not sure about the bouquet as I didn't throw mine but I think towards the end of proceedings, often between the wedding breakfast (after speeches etc) and any evening do. If you're having a formal reception they often have an MC type person who can help you out with the timings of things. But it's your day, and every wedding is so different I wouldn't have thought your guests will have too many expectations. How exciting planning a wedding!!!!

He's right, it's your day but I understand about wanting to put on a good show. Every wedding I've ever seen/been to the bride is announced and walked up the 'aisle' by someone. For my mums second marriage (she was 58 he was 70) my 30 year old brother walked her in. Not sure about the bouquet as I didn't throw mine but I think towards the end of proceedings, often between the wedding breakfast (after speeches etc) and any evening do. If you're having a formal reception they often have an MC type person who can help you out with the timings of things. But it's your day, and every wedding is so different I wouldn't have thought your guests will have too many expectations. How exciting planning a wedding!!!!

Thank you Hatti, Not sure I want to throw my bouquet as I love flowers, but have chosen freesias which do not keep well and my best friend who has lived with her man for about 6 years would LOVE to be married, it seems unfair that I only met Al less than 2 years ago, so if she could catch them it might give him a "push"

It's now 71 days to go I'm 13.1 today - October is a VERY busy month socially, with my birthday weekend, friends staying next weekend, conference in Northern Ireland for a week, as long as I keep downwards and have learned enough to be VERY SENSIBLE I shall be at ease with myself.

Back