'A' choices for lactose intolerant people

Oscaria

I never have my A choice as I'm lactose intolerant. I can have dairy in very small quantities (low fat spread, chocolate etc) but not in yoghurt or with cereal. :( I developed this intolerance just over a year ago out of nowhere - I used to have porridge for breakfast but I don't anymore, and I used to love Muller Light yogs but when I eat them now my insides feel like they're on fire.

I know there's soya milk but does anyone know of any other good A choices for lactose intolerant people please? Thanks.

I've cut out dairy and have been having the Koko coconut milk. It's advertised in the latest SW magazine and you get 450ml as an A choice. It's creamy, quite sweet but really delicious in both porridge and cold cereals. There's a long life one and a fresh one in the fridge at supermarkets, I get mine at Tesco. It's nice in tea and coffee too.

HTH

:)

I've only tried the fresh one out of the fridge btw

:)

Have you tried almond milk or hazlenut milk? I dont know the exact quantities for a healthy extra, but have seen alot of people raving about almond milk on fb groups. Its really lovely, not very milk like, but has a lovely sweet, slightly nutty taste. Definitely worth a go, I often use it and I dont have any dairy issues. Its gorgeous used as "milk" for a latte!

I recommend alpro light soya, you're allowed 400ml a day, it has a subtle but lovely taste of vanilla.

Have you tried Lactose free dairy milk? Not living in UK at moment and its name escapes me UHT type with a green and black cow on it. I don't know how it would work syn points wise but its easy to make yoghurt. :D

also i have had the chocolate one adn warmed it up to make hot chocolate .

KaraDairy Free Original Coconut Milk with Calcium, chilled
Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk with Chocolate, ambient
450ml serving = A choice
200ml serving = A choice

I'm lactose intolerant and I use goats milk instead. It's the closest you'll get to taste to cows milk. I hated soya (horrid aftertaste) lactofree didn't benefit me. I haven't tried the nut or rice based milks though as I find goats milk a tasty affordable alternative.

I'm lactose intolerant and I use goats milk instead. It's the closest you'll get to taste to cows milk. I hated soya (horrid aftertaste) lactofree didn't benefit me. I haven't tried the nut or rice based milks though as I find goats milk a tasty affordable alternative.
Depending on the type and severity of your lactose intolerance not everyone can drink goats milk (it does actually contain lactose) I for one can't have it.

I sometimes have 35g of the Lactofree cheese which is a hex a

Back