GRR-Daily Mail comments...

Girls- ignore brian from solihill - what he fails to mention is that he is 40 and still living with his mum. Who gives a toss what he or anyone else for that matter thinks?????

LOL and he forgot to take his medication that morning.

I don't agree with the comment but I do find it worrying that there is a focus on making size 18 women look stylish. As a country we shouldn't need to do that and it's just a sign that the nation is getting more and more overweight.

From a medical POV I'm worried.

From a woman who loves eating I like the fact there are clothes out there that aren't just designed for skinny birds with no boobs or bums.

I think the media will always take the wrong approach. Consider this: Marilyn Monroe was a size 16. In her time, she was considered sexy and beautiful, and still is considered so. How did the media go from that to advocating single digit sizes for all? And in the grand scheme of things, a size 18 is just ONE size bigger, hardly an obesity outbreak/epidemic/whatever (I absolutely despise this term).

It makes me mad that if someone was truly happy (and healthy) at a size 18, that they'd still be ridiculed, even if they were a size 32 previously, by today's standards. It's bad enough that for the longest time, Evans was probably the ONLY high street store a "plus size" woman could shop...either that, or via catalogues/online...now stores are finally stocking sizes that reflect different shapes, BUT there's a catch: for the size 0's, 6's and 8's it's okay. For the 18's, 20's, 28's and beyond "it's promoting obesity".

Can't win, eh? If they're like this over a size 18 (which I can only wish I was right now), then it's as if someone of my size is expected to stay indoors 24/7, naked, until I am of an "globally accepted size". And apparently, it's not an 18! :rolleyes:

We know that losing weight in hard. At some point in my journey, I will be a size 18. And, I'll need to be stylish :D - be it for work or a party etc. I may not STAY a size 18, but I'll need the clothes, right?

I think the media will always take the wrong approach. Consider this: Marilyn Monroe was a size 16. In her time, she was considered sexy and beautiful, and still is considered so. How did the media go from that to advocating single digit sizes for all? And in the grand scheme of things, a size 18 is just ONE size bigger, hardly an obesity outbreak/epidemic/whatever (I absolutely despise this term).

It makes me mad that if someone was truly happy (and healthy) at a size 18, that they'd still be ridiculed, even if they were a size 32 previously, by today's standards. It's bad enough that for the longest time, Evans was probably the ONLY high street store a "plus size" woman could shop...either that, or via catalogues/online...now stores are finally stocking sizes that reflect different shapes, BUT there's a catch: for the size 0's, 6's and 8's it's okay. For the 18's, 20's, 28's and beyond "it's promoting obesity".

Can't win, eh? If they're like this over a size 18 (which I can only wish I was right now), then it's as if someone of my size is expected to stay indoors 24/7, naked, until I am of an "globally accepted size". And apparently, it's not an 18! :rolleyes:

We know that losing weight in hard. At some point in my journey, I will be a size 18. And, I'll need to be stylish :D - be it for work or a party etc. I may not STAY a size 18, but I'll need the clothes, right?

well said hun :clap:

I thoroughly agree with all you have said. A size 18 is not necessarily obese. So much depends on height, frame, fitness levels etc.

I am a size 18 and delighted to be so having been much, much bigger. I am proud of my new size 18, however as you have said, I do want to be smaller and in the meantime want to be able to dress well enough to celebrate my new slimmer figure.

I would rather see a size 18 than a size zero any day.

Why, thank you! I just discovered that there's only a 5cm difference between UK clothes sizes (8-18) and it obviously varies from shop to shop. I say if you feel good in your clothes, pffft what anyone else says. And it's the Daily Mail...grrrr! I read the "story" they did on Kiira's (PiinkPunk) 17st weight loss...apparently, they just grabbed it from a local story she did - I don't even think they bothered to follow up or get the correct info. Quite a lot of the key stuff they put up was completely out of context and misleading. :rolleyes:

J
I'm sorry but if a woman has let herself get to size 18 then she does not deserve to look stylish. Why should designers bother to make her look good because clearly she can't be bothered to look after hersef. I would never go out with a a size 18 woman it would reflect extremely badly on my personal taste.
- Brian, Solihull, 31/3/2011 13:02

I think that may be my ex-husband under an assumed name. :D

Seriously ... it's a pretty common mindset. You won't change it as long as skinny bints frequent magazines and all that celebrity gossip crap.

For every bloke who thinks like this there is a bloke who prefers curvy women. My OH is a perfect example ( calls cheryl cole a twiglet with eyes :)). It would be v difficult if we all found the same thngs attractive and i think we sometimes don't give men the credit they deserve - this bloke view is not the norm in my experience.

Yesterday the DM was praising Cheryl Cole for looking so healthy and curvy. Today it is saying she has a double chin.

Also today, it has published a nude photo of Elizabeth Taylor - except it isn't even her.

I think a roomful of monkeys could come up with better :sigh:

The daily mail commentators are rude, racist and the most ignorant, pig headed ever. Not all, but 90% of them are.

Seriously though, what kind of 'man' sits in front of the Daily Mail website while:
a - reading articles on how 'size 18 women can look stylish'
b - bothers to leave a comment (hello - better things to do?)
c - leaves a degrading comment!

To comment on someone's personal, yes PERSONAL (I'm not, but some people are happy at my size - 18 - and above) apperance.
This narrow minded eejit clearly has copious insecurities of his own, which lead him to be browsing the DM website and pursuing the women on there?! What?! Worst still - the woman (I saw the article) was a model! He's not just saying 'I don't find that woman/model attractive' but 'I would never date a woman who let herself go that much.

No, dream on babe because you won't be dating any woman at all!
Moron.!

:D Dug into my contacts and managed to get a photo of the guy who posted that comment in the DM:

Attachments

• GLLad4.jpg
    GLLad4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 55
:D Dug into my contacts and managed to get a photo of the guy who posted that comment in the DM:

Hmmmmnn...don't fancy yours much Hexe! :rotflmao:

Ela ine said:
Seriously though, what kind of 'man' sits in front of the Daily Mail website while:
Moron.!

one answer - a complete tosser with to much time on his hands.

Brian from Solihull (aged 46) typed that comment sat in his bedroom while eating a sandwich that his (size 18) mummy made him, what a tool

To comment on someone's personal, yes PERSONAL (I'm not, but some people are happy at my size - 18 - and above) apperance.
This narrow minded eejit clearly has copious insecurities of his own, which lead him to be browsing the DM website and pursuing the women on there?! What?! Worst still - the woman (I saw the article) was a model! He's not just saying 'I don't find that woman/model attractive' but 'I would never date a woman who let herself go that much.

No, dream on babe because you won't be dating any woman at all!
Moron.!

Like I said probably a closet gay. Would have to be because no woman in her right mind would want the pressure of being with him.

He is probably so unattractive himself, but just doesn't see it.

Another "Gods gift to women "

one answer - a complete tosser with to much time on his hands.

Very polite and restrained !!

Back