Heavier than a rugby player

Danica

Hi there!

I was once watching a rugby match with my husband on TV (who, by the way is a great eater, but without greater – bad – consequences) when they showed the information about the players on the screen. I was never too keen on weighing myself or telling people how much I weight (only telling the approximate thing), but what I saw on that day totally shocked me! I was heavier than a rugby player! And shorter! OK, I might be too hard on myself; that player is the smallest player in the team. All right, but still... how can you cope with your favourite rugby player (and the cutest one) being only 12st 1lb, when you are 14st 10lbs? I felt like I had been placed right in the middle of a scrum, or that I had been tackled by 5 massive players and just couldn't breathe underneath them all! I have to tell you... that sucked!

So, here I am, "Fat Lady trying" (tolose weight, obviously!).

Youknow what the feeling is; sometimes you even try to be nice to yourself: “nah…I’m not that bad. Just a little overweight, I’d say.” Some other days, you hateyourself so much that if you accidentally fell out of your 1st floor flatwindow and exploded like a water balloon, you’d be doing the world a bigfavour. Or worse: no one would even notice.. =/

Yeah,I know exactly what it feels like. And every morning I'd wake up with this thirst,this passion for life and the wish of getting rid of “half of me”. And by lunchtime I would have been seduced by a “grab size” pack of cheese and onion chips.And a bar of chocolate for dessert.

I've been like this for a long time. Actually, since I was a teenager. I reallydon’t know why it all started. I used to be quite attractive, the curvy type,but just a couple of pounds above the “10 kilos less than the centimetres in your height”. For example, if you were 1.60, you “should” weigh 50Kg. I must admitthat the situation has become much worse now that I’m in my mid-thirties. Those“a couple of pounds” have become a BMI of 37.3!!! Very alarming, isn’t it? Great! I'm in the queue for a heart attack. :sigh:

Andit’s not only that. What annoys me so much is that I’m starting to notice thatsome things are getting more and more difficult for me to do. And I’m nottalking about going up stairs (there are lifts for that). These are some thingsthat REALLY annoy me now:

1) mybelly is so big and flaccid that my knickers keep slipping under it,so depending on what I’m wearing, it looks as if I’m a sack of potatoes tied inthe middle;
2) addto that the fact that your shoulders don’t have a “proper place” for your bagstrap (or bra strap), what means that the bag keeps sliding down your arms – oryour bra strap.
3) itseems that nowadays tops are getting shorter, no matter what size you buy. (ifyou buy them too big, they look deformed)
4)there you have it: imagine walking to work carrying your bag on one shoulder, adocument folder on one hand and having to “juggle” with pulling yourknickers/trousers up, pushing your top down, pulling bra and bag strap back inplace… all that with holding your work stuff…. Gosh! How difficult can it be towalk?
5)Wearing leggings. My thighs are so fat that whenever I buy leggings (well, Iknow they’re not the most beautiful thing in the world, but we have to admitthey are brilliant fat girl’s stuff!), they usually last so little! Withfat thighs rubbing against each other, the leggings just literally open a holein the middle… It happened to me today, while I was in a shop. Imagine.. I wasafraid of walking back home!
6)Sex. Just tell me: besides having no self-confidence, how can we leave our menwith that feeling of shagging a massive cushion???? No more comments.
Hard,eh? That’s why I’ve decided to start this blog. No more patting on the back.From now on is challenge. And a pat on the back only when I’ve actuallyachieved something! I have just joined Pure Gym. Have sent an email to apersonal trainer and everything. My first class will be Zumba. I’ll come backon Monday!

Please, if anyone there shares the same "fat girl problems", or anyone there has had the same problems and know of any tips... I'm all ears.
:)

Takecare you all.

FatLady.(slimmer-to-be)

hello and welcome along :)

i can relate to EVERYTHING you say and so much more..my first page on my diary lists all the reasons why i am doing this!

I started a whole lot heavier than you are today, but totally get the rugby player comparison, but for me it was a boxer, or a cage fighter???..anyway, whoever he was..i was heavier than him! :)...it took a lightbulb moment to hit me last year when i accidently caught sight of myself in a hotel mirror..not pretty!..and i don't 'do' mirrors! hee hee

Anyway, just want to say hi, good luck and i look forward to chatting with you more..don't ever lose than sense of humour..while you are losing the pounds!

..must say..never thought of myself as a cushion in the 'bedroom'...more of a rolled up duvet!!!! hee hee

keep posting!

Totally get the rugby player comparison too - I remember always thinking - well im lighter than them so it's ok, or i'm lighter than my boyfriend so it's ok. Then all of a sudden I was heavier than all of them including my boyfriend !

Also agree about the tops thing - I want longer tops but then end up getting a size too big and looking like nothing fits properly. That's one of my bigger motivations this time - clothes that fit nicely and look nice. No more trying on 20 outfits for a night out and not being happy with any of them.

Good luck in your journey Danica - we have similar goals I think so there are others out there feeling your pain!

x

Back