New Special K choc cereal bars

LisaC

Gold Member
Would someone mind working out the syns of the new Special K bars. They're called Chewy Delight & my ones are dark chocolate.

97 calories
1g protein
14g carbs
3.5g fat
1.5g sat fat
4g fibre

Each bar is 24g & the above info is for each bar. I was going to apply the 1syn per 20 calories rule but as its a cereal bar I didn't know if it works out differently given that it contains cereal...

Hi it would be the 1 syn per 20 cals rule as cereal is not a free food so 5 syns per bar

There is a post in the Healthy Extra Forum about these. Their nutritial values show that per gram they have identical calories but the Special K bar doesn't have a comparable fibre content - at a comparable weight they'd only have 4.28g.
As of last week, they apparently don't register on the SW on-line but chances are, the fibre content (which is the basis of the Heb) might not be sufficient, so it will have to remain as a 5 syn treat.

There is a post in the Healthy Extra Forum about these. Their nutritial values show that per gram they have identical calories but the Special K bar doesn't have a comparable fibre content - at a comparable weight they'd only have 4.28g.
As of last week, they apparently don't register on the SW on-line but chances are, the fibre content (which is the basis of the Heb) might not be sufficient, so it will have to remain as a 5 syn treat.

Yes I had posted asking if they're a HEXB but as they're not yet listed I needed to know the syn value. I'll count it as 5, thanks.

Back