Sincerely, Blue

Earlier this week, I made my introductory post on this forum, Feeling Blue...and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

To cut a long story short, I had a personal crisis and I’ve been under immense stress trying to ensure the safety of my pets and my boyfriend whilst trying to meet college deadlines and finishing up my university applications. It wasn’t the right time to make the big life changes I had in mind, but things have calmed down a bit and I think this time I’m ready.

If you didn’t see my introduction, hi there! I’m Blue, I’m 19 and I’m a little bit overweight. I want to make positive lifestyle changes before I do any long-term damage to myself; I plan to reduce my calories to 1200, start the C25K programme and cut down on smoking. I also want to explore veganism after being vegetarian for close to 10 years now. I’m aiming for a goal weight of 120lbs, which I may adjust depending on how I feel when I get there, and I’d like to be UK size 8 but if that’s not where my body’s meant to be then I won’t push it. I just know that I can’t keep living the way I am, in this body, out of breath from walking up the stairs. This needs to change, and in order for that to happen I need to change.

I’ll update tomorrow evening with my first journal entry and the results of my first weigh-in and let you know how it goes. Hopefully keeping a diary will help keep me accountable; I’m going to try to post every day, even on the days where things go wrong and I end up eating everything in the kitchen, because I’m sure there will be days like that just the same as there will be days when I’m on top of the world and entirely in control.

Sincerely, Blue.

Hey.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. I hope your stressful times are over. Stress is a biggun for me. Its easier to skip cooking healthy meals when you have loads on!!

I dabble with vegetarianism and veganism. I have days of each and mostly veggie during the weak. They call it a flexitarean lol!

A goal of mine is to get running again. I used to exercise a lot and play a lot of sport but life got in the way etc. The C25k programmes are good. I used a podcast from the NHS before and I'm sure there are loads of apps for it.

J

Back