Slimming World v Weightwatchers

MsFussy

Hi Everyone

I'm a vegetarian with quite a few food intolerances & I'm trying to decide whether to do Slimming World or Weightwatchers. I understand from reading various articles that Slimming World is better & tbh does in fact sound better but because of my food issues I think Weightwatchers might be better for me because everything can be converted into points though what worries me about Weightwatchers is I keep reading how hungry people are on the new system!

Here's a couple of examples from the Slimming World menu of things I can't eat

Houmous Jacket Potato - can't eat the houmous because of the chick peas; so I would have spaghetti hoops with grated cheese on a jacket potato

Curried veggie burger - can't eat because of the spices; so I would have Quorn burger & chips

The list unfortunately is endless & this is also the reason why I've put on weight because the food I can eat tends not to be very healthy!

So my question is can Slimming World recipes be adapted in the same way as Weightwatchers & as there isn't a points system for Slimming World how is everything worked out? Years ago a friend of mine was on the Weightwatchers diet & in the evenings she worked in a Fish & Chip shop so what she did if she had something to eat from there she would just work out the points, incorporate it into her points total & it didn't stop her losing any weight - that's the sort of thing I mean.

As I am currently unemployed I can't afford to attend meetings so will be doing it on my own.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated. x

CrafterMary left a great link - do have a good read

WW - I did this years ago and loved it. I am not sure the programme should be elaving you hngry. if you make good food chocies, you will be full.

I have intolerance's too - gluten, and onion(although gluten affects me the most). I've found calorie counting with My Fitness Pal has worked for me so far. It's free, plus it means you can just eat the food you can.

Using this site, and other diet sites you can learn to make low calorie versions of your favourite foods. So for example potatoes, oil spray and an oven actually make pretty good chips! That's what I am having for dinner tonight - with half a chicken. Really filling, and all within today calories. This morning I had brunch - with Heck sausages and turkey rashers. All low fat versions of the food I love.

Yes I have read good things about My Fitness Pal quite a few times.

So I think summing up probably just an amalgamation of all of them rather than rigidly following one or the other.

Fingers crossed I can do this as the need to lose weight is becoming rather desperate!!! :) xx

Back