two other aldi questions

debtin

Gold Member
Hi everyone, not getting the search to work for some reason.
Did I read correctly that aldi Appleby chicken tikka slices were free?
Also how many syns for whole packet of their world wide cous cous? Or would it be per 100g once cooked? Thanks everyone

Can't see a tikka one, the only two appleby's ones are these:

Appleby's Mild Peri Peri Roast Chicken, chilled, 425g pack 19½
Appleby's Sliced Cooked Chicken Breast, chilled, 100g Free

And this tikka one:

Ashfield Deli Chicken Tikka Breast Slices, chilled, 100g Free

here's the couscous:

Worldwide Foods Hot & Spicy Low Fat Couscous, excluding butter, 100g cooked 1
Worldwide Foods Coriander & Lemon Low Fat Couscous, excluding butter, 100g cooked ½
Worldwide Foods Roasted Vegetable Low Fat Couscous, excluding butter, 100g cooked 1

Your a star. Thank you so much. Surprised as the ainsley Harriot ones are higher. Really pleased at that.
The appleby chicken is tikka flavored chicken breast slices. Won't eat a lot til I know value.
Thanks again x

Your a star. Thank you so much. Surprised as the ainsley Harriot ones are higher.
Thanks again x

That value is per 100g cooked though, which isn't that much, its not a whole packet.

Awe ok, still not too bad if I were to double it once cooked. Will see how much it is. Thanks x

Awe ok, still not too bad if I were to double it once cooked. Will see how much it is. Thanks x

The Ainsley Harriott ones instructions are to add 160ml water to the pack, which itself weighs 100g, so the total pack cooked weight is 260g, to give you an idea to compare the syns. The Ainsley ones are between 1 and 3.5 for whole pack.

Basically just add the weight of the Aldi pack to the amount of water it tells you to add to see how much the whole pack weighs cooked.

It's 100g packet and to add 170ml water...would this be same as the example you used? Say 3syns for whole packet?

It's 100g packet and to add 170ml water...would this be same as the example you used? Say 3syns for whole packet?

OK so it would be 270g cooked - so the hot & spicy and the roasted veg would be 1 x 2.7 = 2.7 (obviously :D ) so probably round down to 2.5 syns, and the lemon & coriander would be 0.5 x 2.7 = 1.35, so round up to 1.5 :)

Worldwide Foods Hot & Spicy Low Fat Couscous, excluding butter, 100g cooked 1
Worldwide Foods Coriander & Lemon Low Fat Couscous, excluding butter, 100g cooked ½
Worldwide Foods Roasted Vegetable Low Fat Couscous, excluding butter, 100g cooked 1

Back