Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sammii
  • 2 Post By Stackhead

Thread: A GAIN

  1. #1
    Likes to post
    sammyzip50's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th October, 2011
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    733
    Rep Power
    23
    Height: 5ft1in
    Start Date: 08/05/14
    Start Weight: 15st9.0lb
    Current Weight: 12st12.0lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7.0lb
    Goal Date: 01/11/14


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 41.4
    Current BMI: 34
    Goal BMI: 25.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 3st5lb
    % Lost 17.81%

    A GAIN

    Well since last week I haven't been sticking to my calories and I have gained 5 lbs. Just need to put on another 4 and I'm back to square one.

    Surely heat and pre TOTM bloat is to account for most of it? It's hardly been Christmas week eating.
    Sammy

  2. #2
    Likes to post
    Sammii's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th June, 2010
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    16
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 23/06/14
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 10st7lb
    Goal Weight: 8st7lb
    Goal Date: 28/07/2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 29.9
    Current BMI: 26
    Goal BMI: 21.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st8lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st0lb
    % Lost 13.02%
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyzip50 View Post
    Well since last week I haven't been sticking to my calories and I have gained 5 lbs. Just need to put on another 4 and I'm back to square one.

    Surely heat and pre TOTM bloat is to account for most of it? It's hardly been Christmas week eating.
    I'm sure a lot of that gain is water weight! I've noticed that if I go off plan for a few days I gain, even if I'm still below my weekly BMR/TDEE. Don't give up!

    If after a week back on plan you're still not losing, I would try speaking to your doctor about your diet and exercise plan! They may be able to tell you if you could do something differently - or they may be able to tell you if you are eating too much/not enough/overestimating calories burnt/eating something you're intolerant too/have thyroid issues etc...

    There are so many reasons why weight loss can stall, but I always personally feel better if it's being overseen by someone, so they can tell me if/where I'm going wrong
    sammyzip50 likes this.



    Complete re-start: 23/06/14

    Week 1 (30/06/14): -6.5lb
    Week 2 (07/07/14): -1lb
    Week 3 (14/07/14): -0.5lb
    Week 4 (21/07/14): -1lb (TOTM)
    Week 5 (27/07/14): -3lb
    Week 6 (04/08/14): -2lb
    Week 7 (11/08/14): -1lb
    Week 8 (18/08/14): sts (TOTM)
    Week 9 (25/08/14): -4lb
    Week 10 (01/09/14): sts
    Week 11 (08/09/14): -1lb
    Week 12 (15/09/14): -2lb (TOTM)


    Goals (green when completed):
    Lose 5lbs
    , Lose 1/2 stone, Lose 10lbs, Lose 1 stone, Size 14, Size 12, Lose 1.5 stone, Lose 2 stone,
    Healthy BMI, Lose 2.5 stone
    , Size 10, Lose 3 stone, Lose 3.5 stone,
    Size 8
    , Hit target/lose 50lbs, Maintain for 6 months

    My CC Diary: http://goo.gl/eIok33

  3. #3
    Likes to post
    sammyzip50's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th October, 2011
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    733
    Rep Power
    23
    Height: 5ft1in
    Start Date: 08/05/14
    Start Weight: 15st9.0lb
    Current Weight: 12st12.0lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7.0lb
    Goal Date: 01/11/14


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 41.4
    Current BMI: 34
    Goal BMI: 25.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 3st5lb
    % Lost 17.81%
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammii View Post
    I'm sure a lot of that gain is water weight! I've noticed that if I go off plan for a few days I gain, even if I'm still below my weekly BMR/TDEE. Don't give up!

    If after a week back on plan you're still not losing, I would try speaking to your doctor about your diet and exercise plan! They may be able to tell you if you could do something differently - or they may be able to tell you if you are eating too much/not enough/overestimating calories burnt/eating something you're intolerant too/have thyroid issues etc...

    There are so many reasons why weight loss can stall, but I always personally feel better if it's being overseen by someone, so they can tell me if/where I'm going wrong
    I need to get back on track. At first I gained while on track but now gained as I'm off track.

    I think I'm going to go shopping and buy some clothes this week so I feel good now as much as possible.
    Sammy

  4. #4
    Slow and steady...
    half century
    Stackhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    24th November, 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    1,599
    Rep Power
    61
    Diet: Calorie counting
    Height: 5ft10in
    Start Weight: 21st9.5lb
    Current Weight: 16st0.8lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: Sometime in the future....


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 43.5
    Current BMI: 32.3
    Goal BMI: 24.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st8.7lb
    Weight to Lose: 4st0.8lb
    % Lost 25.93%
    There's a post around here about glycogen stores and how that affects weight after you stop dieting.

    Essentially, whilst dieting your glycogen stores are empty because you're eating in a deficit. When you stop eating at a deficit, your glyocen stores fill up again and because these stores need water you gain weight. People call it the 'bounce back' - which is why you're advised to drop a couple of lbs below you're goal weight.

    I think it's too early for Dr intervention, it's only a week. But yeah, it's water weight. It comes off fairly quickly when you go back into a deficit.
    Stack x

    Check out my ramblings.

    I'm just calorie counting. Nothing fancy. No rules other than don't go over your daily calorie limit.




  5. #5
    Proud Mama :)

    bunnylovesalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th January, 2011
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    135
    Height: 5ft2in
    I definitely but weight on pre menstral and also the days when I am of overlating MN you are a *****

  6. #6
    Little Miss Christmas
    half century
    PrincessSparklePants's Avatar
    Join Date
    31st March, 2014
    Posts
    3,289
    Rep Power
    103
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 31/3/2014
    Start Weight: 26st9lb
    Current Weight: 20st13lb
    Goal Weight: 13st7lb
    Goal Date: as long as it takes


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 55.1
    Current BMI: 43.3
    Goal BMI: 27.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st10lb
    Weight to Lose: 7st6lb
    % Lost 21.45%
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhead View Post
    There's a post around here about glycogen stores and how that affects weight after you stop dieting.

    Essentially, whilst dieting your glycogen stores are empty because you're eating in a deficit. When you stop eating at a deficit, your glyocen stores fill up again and because these stores need water you gain weight. People call it the 'bounce back' - which is why you're advised to drop a couple of lbs below you're goal weight.

    I think it's too early for Dr intervention, it's only a week. But yeah, it's water weight. It comes off fairly quickly when you go back into a deficit.
    Thanks for that lovely, that explains a lot
    Goal: Lose 7lb by November 30th





    Goal: Lose 6st 9lb before Christmas (to 20st)










Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.