Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hey im new to this.

  1. #1
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Hey im new to this.

    Hey I'm Neil, I'm 25 and currently weighing a whopping 18.5 stone. I hit my all time low 4months ago of 16 but was put on medication that made me gain weight. I've since stopped the tablets but need to lose weight. I am on orlastit and joined pure gym.with a calorie controlled diet, gym and orlastit I'm hoping to lose it again. Anyone been on that weight loss pill? Does it work? Any advice? I feel like I'm at my whits end and my last chance to succeed at being slim.


    Really looking forward to reading your stories and following you on your journeys.

    mo53 likes this.

  2. #2
    Forum Master
    mo53's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th February, 2014
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    55
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 30/01/2014
    Start Weight: 12st6lb
    Current Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.1
    Current BMI: 31.5
    Goal BMI: 28.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st2lb
    % Lost 10.34%
    Hello Neil. Just to say hello. Ive been taking orlistat for about 6 weeks now but Im not an expert and am still learning. It has made me very aware of the fat content of foods and shopping takes ages as I study the labels to check. Im glad you have been given a diet plan. Good luck with your weight loss. Just post a question and Im sure someone will help.
    It may take a long time but I am trying


  3. #3
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you for the replies, I'm getting ready for the first day of the rest of my life as we speak. I will be down the gym by 12 doin nothing but cardio hope your both well
    mo53 and free529 like this.

  4. #4
    Forum Master
    mo53's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th February, 2014
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    55
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 30/01/2014
    Start Weight: 12st6lb
    Current Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.1
    Current BMI: 31.5
    Goal BMI: 28.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st2lb
    % Lost 10.34%
    Fantastic. Well done Neil. Make sure you dont overdo it if you are not used to it. I swim as Im not good at the gym. My son, who worked hard at losing weight did a lot of running ang walking. Let us know how you get on.
    It may take a long time but I am trying


  5. #5
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mo53 View Post
    Fantastic. Well done Neil. Make sure you dont overdo it if you are not used to it. I swim as Im not good at the gym. My son, who worked hard at losing weight did a lot of running ang walking. Let us know how you get on.
    Cheers dude, i love to swim but I'm not confident with body yet, the gym went great over 40 minutes of running machine (walking brisk pace, up hill), plus rowing machine and cycling but cycling killed my knees.

    I plan to increase running machine to 50 minutes tomorrow.

    How often do you swim?

  6. #6
    Forum Master
    mo53's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th February, 2014
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    55
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 30/01/2014
    Start Weight: 12st6lb
    Current Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.1
    Current BMI: 31.5
    Goal BMI: 28.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st2lb
    % Lost 10.34%
    Fantastic!!!! Well done! When Im in my normal routine at home I swim for an hour per day, 6 days each week. I swim breast stroke. I love it. I a having to spend time away at present so really miss it.
    It may take a long time but I am trying


  7. #7
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mo53 View Post
    Fantastic!!!! Well done! When Im in my normal routine at home I swim for an hour per day, 6 days each week. I swim breast stroke. I love it. I a having to spend time away at present so really miss it.
    6 days that's really cool, I'm addement to do 5 days a week. I can't wait to swim again

  8. #8
    Forum Master
    mo53's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th February, 2014
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    55
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 30/01/2014
    Start Weight: 12st6lb
    Current Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.1
    Current BMI: 31.5
    Goal BMI: 28.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st2lb
    % Lost 10.34%
    You will be swimming soon. Is it confidence that is stopping you? Is there a pool at the gym or will you goto the baths? How are you getting on with the orlstat? I study all the labels and make sure I dont eat a meal with more than 15g of fat. I must admit I try for less than 10 to be safe. How doyou feel after the gym? great.
    It may take a long time but I am trying


  9. #9
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mo53 View Post
    You will be swimming soon. Is it confidence that is stopping you? Is there a pool at the gym or will you goto the baths? How are you getting on with the orlstat? I study all the labels and make sure I dont eat a meal with more than 15g of fat. I must admit I try for less than 10 to be safe. How doyou feel after the gym? great.
    Heya it's a mainly confidence with my weight. The orlistat is going great so far I must be eating correctly because I've had no "incidences". I do the same I use a calorie app to control everything and hate having anything with more than 10g of fat.

    How you doing? How's your journey?

  10. #10
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Am I insane for wanting to download a film, take my tab with me to the gym and watch it while or the running machine??

  11. #11
    Forum Master
    mo53's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th February, 2014
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    55
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 30/01/2014
    Start Weight: 12st6lb
    Current Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.1
    Current BMI: 31.5
    Goal BMI: 28.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st2lb
    % Lost 10.34%
    Hello Neil. Is their somewhere you can put the tablet securely? Then if yes no you are not insane it sounds like a great idea to me. Im pleased the diet is going well and the tablets too. Ive lost 12lbs in 6 weeks which may seem slow but I havent been hungry and I havent felt deprived whch is good I think. I have anoter 2 stone at least to lose. I do think this website is brilliant for providing support. I hope you feel confident enough to swim soon. I love swimming. Have you worked out where you will go to swim?
    It may take a long time but I am trying


  12. #12
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mo53 View Post
    Hello Neil. Is their somewhere you can put the tablet securely? Then if yes no you are not insane it sounds like a great idea to me. Im pleased the diet is going well and the tablets too. Ive lost 12lbs in 6 weeks which may seem slow but I havent been hungry and I havent felt deprived whch is good I think. I have anoter 2 stone at least to lose. I do think this website is brilliant for providing support. I hope you feel confident enough to swim soon. I love swimming. Have you worked out where you will go to swim?
    12pound in 6 weeks is a healthy loss though well done on your loss so far. The idea with the tablet was to pass the time so I walk further without getting bored lol. Their is a swimming baths about a mile away and I will go eventually. It's the reason I want to lose my weight so I'm hoping that within 2-3 months I may lose enough to be confident enough to go.

    When can you go swimming next?

  13. #13
    Forum Master
    mo53's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th February, 2014
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    55
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 30/01/2014
    Start Weight: 12st6lb
    Current Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.1
    Current BMI: 31.5
    Goal BMI: 28.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st2lb
    % Lost 10.34%
    Hello Neil, are you weighing yourself weekly? which day? I might be able to go swimming Saturday. I hope so. Walking a mile and then swimming will be brilliant exercise. Did you try your tablet at the gym?
    It may take a long time but I am trying


  14. #14
    Likes to post
    poko's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st March, 2014
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    2
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 18/03/2014
    Start Weight: 13st4.0lb
    Current Weight: 11st7.0lb
    Goal Weight: 10st4lb
    Goal Date: 25.06.2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 31.9
    Current BMI: 27.6
    Goal BMI: 24.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st3lb
    % Lost 13.44%
    Hi Neil. I'm not on a weigh loss pill but doing Cambridge and just at the start of my weight loss journey too. I'm also new to the site so just wanted to say hello and keep going. It'll be worth it!
    mo53 likes this.

  15. #15
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    18th March, 2014
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mo53 View Post
    Hello Neil, are you weighing yourself weekly? which day? I might be able to go swimming Saturday. I hope so. Walking a mile and then swimming will be brilliant exercise. Did you try your tablet at the gym?
    Haven't managed to try it yet if I'm honest but I will be I'm planning to download season 4 of walking dead I don't weigh myself weekly I will be weighed every two weeks at doctors. Do you find weekly weighs are motivating? I need motivation because I feel like I'll always be fatty Neil.

    Did you go swimming today? How was it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.