- Rep Power
Diet: Slimming World
Start Date: 1/9/14
Start Weight: 18st0lb
Current Weight: 16st5lb
Goal Weight: 13st0lb
Goal Date: 1/8/15
Start BMI: 38.3
Current BMI: 34.8
Goal BMI: 27.7
Total Weight Loss: 1st9lb
Weight to Lose: 3st5lb
% Lost 9.13%
Join me at the start of my journey - 18st to 13st in a year. If I can so can you!!
I have joined a SW class after deciding that 18st for someone who is 5ft 7in is too much
I have been so unhappy with my weight for a long time, it would go up and down but to be honest mostly up and even though in my heart I wanted to lose it I just kept on eating.
I met up with a friend in August who has lost a lot of weight over a 10 month period and he explained he had joined a local slimming world class .
So I got of my rather large posteria and attended a session and that was back at the start of September and I am yet to look back.
I have always loved my food and don't do well if I am feeling hungry. I have also always liked targets and objectives as well as using technology, with the SW extra easy plan which allows me to eat but also with the SW website I can track what I eat and with that I seem to be more mindful about what I am eating.
The initial weight loss was amazing after 4 weeks I lost almost 14 pounds and after 6 weeks the total loss is 24Ib.
I am following the SW plan, ensuring I keep syns to a minimum at the moment but do have syns and on some evening have used unuised sysn froma previos days and so have had up to 30 sysns in an evening. Swapping beer for wine wine spritzer and have also made sure I go to the gym and workout for 90 mins if I do use extra sysn and alwasy do that within a few days of going over.
I will keep this thread going as I move towards my goal and let you know what I am doing to try and reach my goal which is to be at 13st my next August.
Best tip to date - Join Slimming World class they have men and women and are very welcoming. Join the facebook pages of the group and take an active part, it's for men and women so don't be shy just do it!!
Best meal to date SW Spaghetti Carbonara
EE 1 / R 6.5 / G 3
- 6 lean rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces - see tip)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- small handful of fresh chives
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and most of the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly so that the eggs thicken in the residual heat, making a sauce that coats the pasta.
- Scatter over the remaining Parmesan and chives and serve hot.
Tip: To make a vegetarian carbonara, swap the bacon for Quorn bacon-style pieces (which are Free), this makes the recipe just 1 Syn on all choices.
This recipe is not suitable for home freezing.
Till the next time keep going, stick to home cooking with plenty of fruit
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.