Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Please help me...😢

  1. #1
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: Slimming world
    Height: 5ft8.5in
    Start Date: 07/10/14
    Start Weight: 18st3lb
    Current Weight: 17st6lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.2
    Current BMI: 36.6
    Goal BMI: 23.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 6st6lb
    % Lost 4.31%

    Please help me...😢

    I feel really stupid posting this but I feel so down about my weight. I have ballooned over the last few years and now have 7 stone to lose. Everyday I wAke up and think that today is the day I begin my new eating plan and every day by mid morning I start to think that it's never going to work, I start to eat rubbish and promise myself l'll start again tomorrow. The starting again tomorrow binges have meant I have piled on the weight. I feel terrible and feel As though I am never going to regain control of my eating. I love the idea of slimming world and love the plan but I find it really hard to fill my plate with the allowed foods as I feel so guilty eating pasta and rice etc. I then feel restricted and binge. It's stupid I know! I need to change my mindset.

    I have joined about 5 slimming world groups so far this year but never go back as I don't stick with it long enough to feel as though I have lost any weight. I have even begun thinking about diets like Lighter Life and Cambridge but i really don't want to go there.

    I'm not really sure what can help me and I'm sorry for being so negative. I just feel so so depressed over my weight and what I've become. I don't even know where to start with it as 7 stone is so much! I have 3 small children and want to be a healthy role model for them.....I just don't know where to start.
    Theria likes this.


    Goals:


    1. To lose 1 stone
    2. To reach club 10 weight: 16st 5lbs


  2. #2
    Really Really likes to post!
    RosiePops's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th March, 2014
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,604
    Rep Power
    28
    Diet: SW EE
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 8/2/14
    Start Weight: 12st2lb
    Current Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st4lb
    Goal Date: 7/8/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 26.6
    Current BMI: 23.2
    Goal BMI: 22.6


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st8lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st4lb
    % Lost 12.94%
    Sorry you feel so down about it all :-( it can be very daunting to start sw and it is difficult to stick to as you break habits you've probably had for a long time- I think this is true regardless of how much weight you have to lose.
    There's lots of people on here that have a similar amount to lose as you- I'm sure one of them will be along soon!- to show you that it can be done.
    Try and take it one day at a time rather than thinking about it as a whole ie. I just need to do today rather than I need to stick to sw every day for the rest of my life.
    Give yourself a head start by clearing your house of naughties. Keep the kids treats out of view, but make sure you use up your syns so you don't feel deprived..
    Have a good sw shop and stock up on the super free you like, plan a couple of days meals and give it the benefit of the doubt.
    A food diary on here is ace for keeping you on track. Ill sub if you start one!
    If you fill your plate with a third super free then try not to worry about the pasta/rice. When you start seeing the losses hopefully the guilt will lessen :-)
    If you can't face going back to group, try and stick to the principles at home for a while and see how you get on. You can always join in part way through your journey like I did..
    Good luck with it. Keep us posted xx
    Theria, MelonCollie and sewingbee like this.
    Food diary: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...ml#post7320988

    Hoping to get to target and stay there for my wedding day

  3. #3
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    4th June, 2014
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    14
    Diet: slimming world Extra Easy
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 19/07/2014
    Start Weight: 10st0lb
    Current Weight: 9st2.5lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: When I get there ....On my way!


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 24.8
    Current BMI: 22.8
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st11.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st2.5lb
    % Lost 8.21%
    Quote Originally Posted by nataby View Post
    I feel really stupid posting this but I feel so down about my weight. I have ballooned over the last few years and now have 7 stone to lose. Everyday I wAke up and think that today is the day I begin my new eating plan and every day by mid morning I start to think that it's never going to work, I start to eat rubbish and promise myself l'll start again tomorrow. The starting again tomorrow binges have meant I have piled on the weight. I feel terrible and feel As though I am never going to regain control of my eating. I love the idea of slimming world and love the plan but I find it really hard to fill my plate with the allowed foods as I feel so guilty eating pasta and rice etc. I then feel restricted and binge. It's stupid I know! I need to change my mindset.


    I have joined about 5 slimming world groups so far this year but never go back as I don't stick with it long enough to feel as though I have lost any weight. I have even begun thinking about diets like Lighter Life and Cambridge but i really don't want to go there.

    I'm not really sure what can help me and I'm sorry for being so negative. I just feel so so depressed over my weight and what I've become. I don't even know where to start with it as 7 stone is so much! I have 3 small children and want to be a healthy role model for them.....I just don't know where to start.
    Hi, Sorry to hear you are feeling so down.
    Would making your goal smaller help you to get going? How about not thinking in terms of 7st but maybe 7lbs? When you have reached that then aim for the next 7 lbs and so on or make it even smaller if that works best?
    There really is no need to feel guilty about pasta, potato, etc because the plan will work.
    SW rules fly in the face of many other plans which makes it difficult to get your head round at first as we've been conditioned in recent years to think of carbs as 'bad' foods when in reality no food is 'bad' it's just food but food eaten in excess can make us feel bad. SW helps you make better choices for health. By filling your plate with 1/3 superfree you are automatically making a calorie reduction in your meal overall.
    Try it for a week and see how you get on. As you get into it you will reduce your portion size so that you are not piling up free food but eating enough to feel satisfied.
    And remember, your weight is not your worth. Focus on the positive things about you and your life/family, friends etc. If you find that hard or think that there is nothing good how about asking a friend to tell you what they like/admire/envy about you I'm sure they will reel off a list of things. Be kind to yourself and say nice things to yourself. Sorry, I don't mean to sound preachy. I used to have very low self esteem but before I could change the way I looked I had to change the way I thought.
    Good luck xx
    Theria likes this.

  4. #4
    Forum Master
    maintainer
    century club

    lardylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th May, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    3,172
    Rep Power
    200
    Diet: Slimming World: Green Days
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 15.08.11
    Start Weight: 18st12lb
    Current Weight: 10st2lb
    Goal Weight: 10st7lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 41.3
    Current BMI: 22.2
    Goal BMI: 23


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 8st10lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st5lb
    % Lost 46.21%
    Just tell yourself that you are going to try to stick to the SW plan for one day. Make sure you allow yourself the full 15 syns and use them on something that you really enjoy, so you have a treat to look forward to which might help you get through that mid morning danger zone. Then when you have completed one good day, try to complete a second. Take small steps to begin with and don't think in terms of having to lose 7 stone. Good luck!
    Theria, SallyVater and sewingbee like this.

  5. #5
    Im always here!
    maintainer

    Happy Holidays's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October, 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    18,213
    Rep Power
    831
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: February 2009
    Start Weight: 9st11lb
    Current Weight: 8st9lb
    Goal Weight: 8st9lb
    Goal Date: achieved 6th May 2010


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25.1
    Current BMI: 22.1
    Goal BMI: 22.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st2lb
    % Lost 11.68%
    It seems like you desperately want to loose weight but fail aound lunchtime.

    take a look,around here for lunches which will fill you up and then have yourself a nice low syn treat.

    SW does work, there is lots of support on here and I agree with the poster above start a diary that will help keep you on track. I also take pics of my foods.

  6. #6
    Really Really likes to post!
    SallyVater's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st November, 2012
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    35
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Weight: 13st9lb
    Current Weight: 13st1.5lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 29
    Current BMI: 27.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7.5lb
    % Lost 3.93%
    Breaking it down will definitely help as others have said. Just take it one day at a time. So today you will stick to the plan 100%. If your downfall is mid morning then you need to prevent that by having an enormous breakfast with lots of protein. I'm always hungrier on a day where I have porridge or cereal for breakfast - less hungry on an egg and bacon day for example.

    If you're following Extra Easy you could have:

    2 x eggs fried in fry light. Grilled bacon (all fat removed), grilled tomatoes, frylight mushrooms, a couple of Linda McCartney Red onion and rosemary sausages (or a couple of WW sausages for 1 x syn) , baked beans. 2 x slices brown toast (for a healthy extra). AND a fruit salad and a vanilla muller light. Pint of water, cup of tea or coffee with milk from your allowance and Bob's your uncle! I bet you won't be hungry until lunch time...and if you are, you can have some more fruit as a snack (banana's are good and filling) or one of the free mugshots. Or you can make some free soup and have a bowl of that.

    You're not meant to feel hungry on SW, you've just got to change WHAT you eat...and you can do that for one day right?
    Current Goal - Get into the 12's

    http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/336690-one-sw-day-time.html
    - My shiny new diary


  7. #7
    Likes to post
    half century
    Theria's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th June, 2010
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    42
    Diet: Slimming World (Mixed R/G/EE)
    Height: 5ft11in
    Start Date: 16/01/2014
    Start Weight: 22st11lb
    Current Weight: 17st8.5lb
    Goal Weight: 12st10lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 44.5
    Current BMI: 34.4
    Goal BMI: 24.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st2.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 4st12.5lb
    % Lost 22.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyVater View Post
    Breaking it down will definitely help as others have said. Just take it one day at a time. So today you will stick to the plan 100%. If your downfall is mid morning then you need to prevent that by having an enormous breakfast with lots of protein. I'm always hungrier on a day where I have porridge or cereal for breakfast - less hungry on an egg and bacon day for example.

    If you're following Extra Easy you could have:

    2 x eggs fried in fry light. Grilled bacon (all fat removed), grilled tomatoes, frylight mushrooms, a couple of Linda McCartney Red onion and rosemary sausages (or a couple of WW sausages for 1 x syn) , baked beans. 2 x slices brown toast (for a healthy extra). AND a fruit salad and a vanilla muller light. Pint of water, cup of tea or coffee with milk from your allowance and Bob's your uncle! I bet you won't be hungry until lunch time...and if you are, you can have some more fruit as a snack (banana's are good and filling) or one of the free mugshots. Or you can make some free soup and have a bowl of that.

    You're not meant to feel hungry on SW, you've just got to change WHAT you eat...and you can do that for one day right?
    Brilliant post by Sally there

    I've been in a similar position to you, nataby - except I had 10 stones to lose. That was in January this year. I sat at my computer desk, troughing down the cold remains of a Chinese takeaway from the previous night (for breakfast!!) and something inside me snapped. I knew I didn't want to live like that any more. I can still remember how awful I felt and I've used that to fuel my willpower ever since.

    SW gives you the chance to eat fabulous food, lots and LOTS of fabulous food. You just have to make some changes to how you cook / prepare it. I'm not saying I haven't had a few slip ups because I have. But I'm 5st 4lbs lighter than I was in January and the end (that seemed so stupidly far away it was an impossible dream) is actually something I can see happening now. Alright, it make take me a long time, but I am going to do it because I can easily see me eating SW-style for the rest of my life. It doesn't feel like a diet. I do not feel deprived. When I have given in to a craving and eaten something junk-y or drunk too much alcohol along the way I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed it and haven't enjoyed the physical reactions afterwards. Your body wants good stuff, and it will adapt to actually craving good stuff. (That comes as a bit of a shock to the system, let me tell you!).

    You can do it. One day. We're here to support you. Then all you have to do is do it again tomorrow.

  8. #8
    Really Really likes to post!
    SallyVater's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st November, 2012
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    35
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Weight: 13st9lb
    Current Weight: 13st1.5lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 29
    Current BMI: 27.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7.5lb
    % Lost 3.93%
    You're doing so well Theria. xx
    Theria and sewingbee like this.
    Current Goal - Get into the 12's

    http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/336690-one-sw-day-time.html
    - My shiny new diary


  9. #9
    Likes to post
    Bethanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd August, 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    12
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 5/8/14
    Start Weight: 18st12lb
    Current Weight: 17st7.5lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb
    Goal Date: 30/11/2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 42.6
    Current BMI: 39.6
    Goal BMI: 24.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 6st7.5lb
    % Lost 7.01%
    Hi Nataby, I was the same when I started SW 2 months ago. I'd just finished my degree and had put on so much weight over the last 4 years. I looked at the idea of losing 7 or 8 stone and it frightened the life out of me! Lol. But then I decided that I don't have to think of it as 7 stone or 8 stone, I'll start by aiming to lose 1 stone. I managed it (even with eating loads of pasta and rice) and now I'm aiming for my 2nd stone off. It really does work, trust the plan and fill yourself up on free food and you will see results. Don't look at it as 7 stone, I agree, it's completely daunting. Try setting yourself a small target - even if it's just doing the plan 100% for one week and aiming for any loss. When you realise that you have achieved that, then think bout where you'd like to go from there. Good luck x
    Theria likes this.






    MINI GOALS:
    Lose 1 stone (DONE, 10/09/14)
    Club 10 (8lb to go)
    Lose 2 stones (by Christmas 2014) (9.5lb to go)
    Drop 1 jeans size
    Lose 3 stones
    Club 20
    Lose 4 stones (by April 2015)
    Drop 2 jeans sizes
    Lose 5 stones
    Lose 6 stones (by August 2015)
    Drop 3 jeans sizes

  10. #10
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: Slimming world
    Height: 5ft8.5in
    Start Date: 07/10/14
    Start Weight: 18st3lb
    Current Weight: 17st6lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.2
    Current BMI: 36.6
    Goal BMI: 23.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 6st6lb
    % Lost 4.31%
    Thank you so much for the wonderful replies and support. There are some fantastic pieces of advice and some lovely kind words. I have tears in my eyes reading them. Thank you. The one day at a time advice is great. That stops it from being too hard! I also find that I set myself very strict rules on I won't have dairy or sugar or bread as these are 'bad' for me. Eating as I am at the moment is what is 'bad' for me. I feel much more positive about it. I am at the point where I see that I don't have to do it perfectly, it just have to do it and persevere. I will start a diary. That's a great idea!


    Goals:


    1. To lose 1 stone
    2. To reach club 10 weight: 16st 5lbs


  11. #11
    Likes to post
    half century
    Theria's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th June, 2010
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    42
    Diet: Slimming World (Mixed R/G/EE)
    Height: 5ft11in
    Start Date: 16/01/2014
    Start Weight: 22st11lb
    Current Weight: 17st8.5lb
    Goal Weight: 12st10lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 44.5
    Current BMI: 34.4
    Goal BMI: 24.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st2.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 4st12.5lb
    % Lost 22.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by nataby View Post
    I also find that I set myself very strict rules on I won't have dairy or sugar or bread as these are 'bad' for me. Eating as I am at the moment is what is 'bad' for me. I feel much more positive about it. I am at the point where I see that I don't have to do it perfectly, it just have to do it and persevere.
    Dairy. Sugar (in moderation). Bread. Pasta. Potatoes. Rice. All allowed, and positively encouraged on SW. there's no such thing as "bad" food (unless you have an allergy / intolerance, of course). It's just that you've probably been bombarded with other diet mantras over the years.

    Trust the plan (imagine me saying that in a Yoda voice!) - it really works.
    SallyVater and ailibop like this.


  12. #12
    Likes to post
    Elvisfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th July, 2014
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    59
    Height: 5ft3.5in
    Start Date: May2014
    Start Weight: 10st9lb
    Current Weight: 8st9.4lb
    Goal Weight: 8st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 26
    Current BMI: 21.2
    Goal BMI: 19.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st13.6lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st9.4lb
    % Lost 18.52%
    Dont see this as a diet take a day at a time...dont feel deprived just be careful with food choices and think of a happier healthier you every time you feel like a snack..
    and grab some grapes instead,of crisps or choc
    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:



    50and fat but getting thinner

  13. #13
    Likes to post
    Elvisfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th July, 2014
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    59
    Height: 5ft3.5in
    Start Date: May2014
    Start Weight: 10st9lb
    Current Weight: 8st9.4lb
    Goal Weight: 8st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 26
    Current BMI: 21.2
    Goal BMI: 19.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st13.6lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st9.4lb
    % Lost 18.52%
    List out what you enjoy eating and someone can help you make a food plan for a few days to start,you,off? Pm me if it helps...i never ate fruit or veg ever until may this year...im 50.... And was a seasoned chocaholic...if i can lose anyone can
    Happy Holidays likes this.
    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:

    HTML Code:



    50and fat but getting thinner

  14. #14
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: Slimming world
    Height: 5ft8.5in
    Start Date: 07/10/14
    Start Weight: 18st3lb
    Current Weight: 17st6lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.2
    Current BMI: 36.6
    Goal BMI: 23.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 6st6lb
    % Lost 4.31%
    Quick update......I went back to group on Tuesday, was welcomed back warmly without judgement. I felt really inspired and got a countdown to cement my commitment. Since then I've stuck 100% to plan and feel much better, taking it one day at a time.

    Thanks again for all the wonderful support


    Goals:


    1. To lose 1 stone
    2. To reach club 10 weight: 16st 5lbs


  15. #15
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    4th June, 2014
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    14
    Diet: slimming world Extra Easy
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 19/07/2014
    Start Weight: 10st0lb
    Current Weight: 9st2.5lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: When I get there ....On my way!


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 24.8
    Current BMI: 22.8
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st11.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st2.5lb
    % Lost 8.21%
    Quote Originally Posted by nataby View Post
    Quick update......I went back to group on Tuesday, was welcomed back warmly without judgement. I felt really inspired and got a countdown to cement my commitment. Since then I've stuck 100% to plan and feel much better, taking it one day at a time.

    Thanks again for all the wonderful support
    Well done to you for doing the hardest bit and getting through the door.
    Looking forward to sharing your journey with you x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.