◄ 1½ Minute Microwave Oatbran Biscuit ►

I've been using milk......... I'm struggling to figure out which yoghurt is ok as there seems to be a lot of debate about it xx

I make my own yoghurt in the slow cooker using low fat uht milk (semi skimmed 1.6% fat although I know I should use skimmed but I like thick yoghurt!).

I used to buy the Lite Greek Style from Tesco but I know a lot of people use Total yoghurt but it is expensive.

734%5C5000462416734%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

746%5C5201054921746%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

;)

I've been using milk......... I'm struggling to figure out which yoghurt is ok as there seems to be a lot of debate about it xx

Ive stopped buying yoghurt I just make my own in the slow cooker and its far nicer than any shop bought FF yoghurt :D - thank you to Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50

Im thinking of doing this but a savoury biscuits so I can dip in my SC garlic & black pepper dip I have in the fridge - what do u think?
I love oatcakes (Crackers) so wondered - dont know how to make will have to find out ;)

Im thinking of doing this but a savoury biscuits so I can dip in my SC garlic & black pepper dip I have in the fridge - what do u think?
I love oatcakes (Crackers) so wondered - dont know how to make will have to find out ;)

I think most of the recipes use butter and brown sugar like this one:

Scotland's Isle of Arran

Oatcakes.jpg

I made one of these last night. I read the recipe last week and tried it last night from memory-I didnt do too bad.
It was very handy as I hadnt had my oatbran and wasnt that hungry-a quick snack and pretty tasty

I made these tonight.... they were fab. I made 5 in 2 batches - the first three were more like the galette, the last two were crunchy like biscuits - think I made them a bit thinner. Thanks. Was thinking I might make a big batch to take camping next weekend....Does anyone know if they keep ok for a couple of days?

I forgot my oat ran today (well I remembered to take my ginger dukan bread with me - but it got soggy in my sandwich box and wasn't appealing). So... I've just made a lovely cookie using skimmed milk and a sprinkle of goji berries in top to make it more of a treat. It's a cinnamon flavour and I'm just waiting for it to cool. Yummmmmmmmmy!!!

I forgot my oat ran today (well I remembered to take my ginger dukan bread with me - but it got soggy in my sandwich box and wasn't appealing). So... I've just made a lovely cookie using skimmed milk and a sprinkle of goji berries in top to make it more of a treat. It's a cinnamon flavour and I'm just waiting for it to cool. Yummmmmmmmmy!!!

Did you add any sweetener, you will find that it makes a big difference.

After really looking forward to my cookie I was disappointed. I had added sweetener and I wish I hadn't as all I could taste was the Splenda despite the lovely cinnamon smell. The good news is I no longer crave anything sweet! The diet might actually be working!

Oh my!!!
Cup of tea and 2 mini biscuits- one ginger, one cinnamon.
Made my life.
Thank you so so much! xxx

After really looking forward to my cookie I was disappointed. I had added sweetener and I wish I hadn't as all I could taste was the Splenda despite the lovely cinnamon smell. The good news is I no longer crave anything sweet! The diet might actually be working!

I have stopped using Splenda as I didn't like the aftertaste, I am now using Canderel instead.

these look fantastic, and quick and easy too. i'm torn between trying this recipe or making 'duffins' tomorrow... so many new things to try!

ok, first attempt was a bit of a soggy mess! i added too much yoghurt - i see now it's supposed to be half the amt of bran. will try again sometime as i did taste good! i used a bit of cinnamon and vanilla flavoring. might also use my non-stick spray on the plate, as it was tricky to turn over... but that could just be the consistency.

thought I would give it a go. Used one tablespoon oatbbran when I made fishcakes to give them some 'body' so only had tablespoon left but it made one trial biccie....used cinnamon. Wasnt sure how it would be as Im not keen on the sweetener aftertaste but the cinnamon hid that. Really nice.

I ate it whilst warm which was nice but think it will be better cold as it was going crunchier. Theres only one problem as far as I can see........I want more! ;0).

Has anyone made a batch, do they keep well in a tin or for how long? Thought I could make a working weeks worth??
Thinking of trying savoury and/or lemon.

Thanks for sharing this. Good idea for crumbling into yogurt. Im beginning to like this diet....a lot!

Back