02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Happy choc free(?) Easter one and all.

Moisy- well done, you're doing great!

Slim - just been catching up with the thread - so sorry you're having a rough time of it and hope things improve for you soon. You're doing so well to even be thinking about dieting while going through that - you have my admiration. Xx

Morning all, Jayne - I saw your diary post, good idea re not weighing. It's amazing how much seeing those numbers impact on our mood and motivation.

I decided at the weekend to give phase 1 of the harcombe diet a try. Phase 1 is 5 days so started yesterday. It will be very interesting to see how I get on at weigh in on Saturday compared to 5 days on Exante. I would say that usually in 5 days on Exante - after a weekend off it - I would lose around 9lbs. Most would be water.

Yesterday I had porridge for breakfast made with water (not as nice as Exante porridge!), chicken salad for lunch and chicken with swede and squash mash with buttered leeks and asparagus for dinner.

Felt very satisfied but feels so wrong after Exante. But have been messing around with Exante for so long it seems worth a try.

Will let you know how I get on.

Hope everyone is having a good week. X

Think you've made the right choice there Sparkley :) Always best to just get onto some sort of eating plan and follow it rather than be in between and muddling through. Good luck for weigh in tomorrow :)

Yeah, things not so great here this past couple of weeks, but on the plus side I'm only up 0.5lb! Am definitely carrying carb weight since carb loading 2 weeks ago and not being in ketosis since. Going to work hard this week to get back on track - 3/4 days to get into ketosis and the rest to see a good loss on the scales next Fri. I don't want another day like today when I weigh in next week! Feeling determined ;)

Hi Jayne

0.5lb is nothing - don't let it put you off your goal focus... Been there and done that and undone lots of hard work in the process. Part of the frustration (for me anyway) is knowing I CAN do it, but not. When you are in the zone it feels so easy, but out of it it's hard to imagine how dedicated you were!

Harcombe feels good. I think next week will be the real test, this week is off the back of a carby weekend so bound to lose water. On the scales this morning I am 8lb down on Monday weight. Next week will be a normal week of dieting flowing that first week result, so will be interesting to see the outcome.

Food is great- yesterday I had two poached eggs, bacon and tomatoes for breakfast, chicken with roasted vegetables and rocket salad for lunch and then a 3 egg omelette with red pepper and ham with green salad and asparagus for dinner. Felt full and not craving anything. Going to start exercising from Monday. I do T25 workout but found it too much on Exante TS. Now I am putting fuel in the tank I think I will be okay with it.

Hope you have a good weekend - remember why you're doing this, don't make my mistakes, I am so annoyed at myself for putting 2 stones back on!! Xx

Hi everyone,

How is everyone getting on?

Sparkley-sounds like you are getting on well with your new diet regime. Well done and keep going.

Jayne-0.5lbs-that is nothing and so good that you have only put that on-standing you in good stead for when you are finished. Keep going, you are doing brilliantly.

I had no loss last week at all and only 1lb loss so far this week. Feel like I have hit a bit of a plateau. Not quite sure what to do about kick starting it again. Any ideas? Thanks xxx

Today has been 100% :)

Moisy, not sure. Could you do a meal break week or increase calls a little to try and give things a boost? Maybe add in some extra activity? Anything really to change things up and shock your body and kick you out of plateau. Good luck.

Sparkley, I completely agree! Got to stay focussed and not fall into the can do it, but not doing it mode. So easy to go there! Must push forward now into ketosis again.
So pleased you're enjoying Harcombe. I have a feeling next week will go just as well for you. Possibly not the huge scale loss (because of water weight gone), but still a good loss, and if nothing else, you are bound to feel better being on plan and sticking to it, rather than all over the shop. Well done :)

Hey lovelies. I started this thread and stuck to exante for a week losing a stone but I had no support at all at home. Infact it was worse, family encouraged me to eat and bought foods to Put in front of my face. I'm starting again tomorrow and haven't told many people. Probably 4. My partner is behind me so I'm just going to try my best. Would love a run down on how well you have all done :)

Hi FatBeGone, how's it going? I lost 8 stones with Exante last year but then put 2.5 back on! I'm now doing Harcombe diet which is real food but not eating carbs with protein in the same meal. So far it's going well - 12lb off in 9 days.
Hope the diet is going well for you, when's your first weigh in?

Hi FatBeGone, how's it going? I lost 8 stones with Exante last year but then put 2.5 back on! I'm now doing Harcombe diet which is real food but not eating carbs with protein in the same meal. So far it's going well - 12lb off in 9 days. Hope the diet is going well for you, when's your first weigh in?
wow sparkley that's a great loss considering you are eating too.
Be fab if you could post some of the things you are eating as an example maybe?
I need to find something to move onto once I get this last stone off!! Xx

Hi all :)

Sorry been a bit AWOL, but just updated my diary about that!

How is everyone? I'm here trying yet again to get back on the wagon! Sparkling water only so far today. Packs lined up for the rest of the day.

Fatbegone - Hope the first week back has gone well? Sometimes it's better not to tell too many people about this diet! Am sorry you didn't get the support you needed last time though, it can make the world of difference!

Sparkley - Really pleased to read you are loving Harcombe and are back on track with weight loss :) Well done! :)

Slim - Hope things are going well. Good luck with that last stone! You can do it ;)

Anyone else still about?

May not be about too much again this week - see how things go, but am thinking of you all and willing you on to do well. Will try to catch up again soon :)

Hope today goes well for you Jayne. Is always difficult to restart.

Sparkley hope the harcombe diet is going well?

So I've prob only had one 100% day in the past week. But am ok with this as I have now made a plan that on gym training days I have a protein packed evening meal to help my muscles recover as don't want them to waste away by not eating enough. 600 cals is not enough when I burn more than that in each session!

Last weighed in at 11.11 so whoop whoop I'm in the 11's finally and 2 lb of that has been since eating on training days so is going ok.

I know the losses may be smaller but that's ok as am hoping will then be more maintainable.

On non training days plan on being 100% but this is generally only 1 day a week at the mo so we shall see.

Am currently working 6 day weeks so am shattered bit running on adrenaline I think and the work outs are helping with this.

Going to try and not weight till the end of May now, have a weekend away with a friend and our kids so will be taking lots of salad and chicken with me lol. Will need all the willpower I have as my friend likes to eat a lot of the 'bad' stuff!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Hi Jayne! I'm about! Just coming back for 14 days only...gonna finish my packs and hope to shift 10lbs.

I'm still losing weight but too slowly for my liking...need a kick start for summer :)

Hi everyone,

Seems to have gone very quiet on this thread :( I am still on the diet although it has slowed down a lot, but roughly my loss is about 2 lbs a week. I came off Bank Holiday weekend because it was my birthday and always said I would. I didn't get back on the scales for a week after that but when I did I was pleased that I was back to where I was before my birthday. Would like to try and shift 1 more stone but don't know if that will happen before I need to start introducing food properly again. Fingers crossed and hope everyone is ok! xx

Hi moisy Hope you had a fab birthday? And well done for returning back to exante. I'm back on day 3 of restart as was off plan last week and had a gain to reflect this! Am hoping to have lost something at least by the end of this month however as long as my measurements have changed I'll be happy with that. Hope your week is going well and 2lbs a week is a great steady loss and much more maintainable xx

Back