10 Stone+

Of course you can both join. :D

I'm being super good this week because I want 2.5lbs off for my 3.5 stone.. fingers crossed. :)

I've chipped off another 2.5lb this week!

Support like this is so positive, we'll all get there - no matter how long it takes :)

Took myself to a new meeting today, having a new start and no excuses this time.

i always remember hearing "if you give it 100% you'll get the results".

also put down an interim target of 3 stones too. Gonna break it down and not over burden myself either.

Good Luck Tina.

My interim target is 2 stone, I'm nearly there.
Small achievable goals, one step at a time x

Hi Guys,

I think I'm going to join in on this thread. I've done slimming world many many times before. Sometimes more successfully than others - at one point I lost 8 stone. Sad to say I have regained that and more though. I haven't always been 100% on the other times though and have been in denial. I can appreciate that now.

I turned 27 today. I weigh more than my age. I don't know the exact numbers at the moment but I know it is more than 30 stone. My target is 14 stone. That's a lot of me to lose but I have numerous reasons.

I want to lose weight to be healthier and not feel ill or tired all the time. I want to lose weight so I have confidence in myself and the way I look again. I want to lose weight so that I can have a hernia repair as I have a very big hernia and it holds me back. I want to lose weight so I can like myself again. I want to lose weight so I can chase my gorgeous son around and be active and play with him. I want to lose weight so we can have a second baby.

I'm actually in the middle of going through the motions to get weight loss surgery but I want to do something about my size now not wait around for appointments and dieticians and consultants so tomorrow will be joining another group. I've chosen a group with a leader I've never been to before. Someone new and hopefully refreshing and inspiring. I felt that going back to consultants who I've had before was not the way to go as I've been with them when not following the plan properly and was complacent and I need to not be like that. So hopefully a new start with a new consultant is what I need.

There is a coupon in a magazine for free joining on Tuesday apparently but I don't want to wait till then so I'm joining group tomorrow. I shall come back and post my start weight.

Welcome and good luck Ickle :)
You'll have tons of support from us here so hopefully you'll be able to keep it off this time :)
Also happy birthday! :) xx

I also started off at more than my age. I was 23 and 25st 12. I've since had a birthday though lol.

Are you going to create a good diary here to help keep on track? Xx

I'm unsure of whether I will be keeping a food diary on here or not yet. I always worry people will think 'oh its her again she won't stick at it' plus people never seemed to look at my diary threads before haha. Might just try getting more involved in other threads on here.

I've already done a rough meal plan for the week. Breakfasts are a mix of weetabix, breakfast sandwiches and omelette. Elevenses are fruit and yoghurt. Lunches are things like risotto, pasta salads, seafood salad, chicken and sweetcorn soup (although need to think of what superfree to have with that) and quiche. Evening meals are steak chips broccoli and garlic onions and mushrooms, turkey escalopes with veggie pasta bake, corned beef hash spuds and salad, sausage casserole with mash and veg, sw kebab, sunday roast and chicken stir fry.

Just need to look at snacks and treats as well. I love the skinny metcalfe salt n sweet popcorn so might look into getting that for munching on an evening whilst watching tv etc.

Welcome and happy birthday. Good luck. You can do it.
I started at 25st 3 and hope to lose 14 st.

It is a lot to lose but you dont have to worrie. There is no judement here. I think we all here who have 10+ st to lose have done different kind of diets more then 1,2 or 3 times. We lose some and then we gain it back plus add. At my 20's I lost 3 st and then I slip … gained 12st. In 2 years. 12 st !!

Next 10 years I did try , oh I did try but always there was this number that did not let me to focus. I had big dream. Start diet today and be slim by next morning. When it did not happen I was sad and when Im sad I eat …

Feb this year I had big change in my life. They say change one thing in your life and everything else will come by itself ;) I moved to UK and 10 days later I walked into SW meeting. I have lost 5,5 st so far. Yes long way to go. But I know I can do it this time.
I slip but I get back up and keep going.

So can you. Take photo of yourself. Even if you dont want to. Measure yourself. And hun, eat what you love. When somewhere on your way you feel you not happy. Take the photo out and look at it. Look how far you have come. Remember why you started. And keep going. You can and will do it :)

Happy birthday Ikkle87 :birthday:

I don't think anyone would think, 'ah, it's her again...' people are generally supportive and will be really happy to see you back again, I've also lost lots and regained it, and we certainly aren't alone in that. You have some excellent reasons for wanting to lose weight, keep focusing on them. It is a lot of weight to lose and it's hard to think about how long it will take, but try not to think about the bigger picture and just take it in little chunks, I focus on the next 7lb, 5%, BMI drop & stone zones, etc, and it really helps me.

Let us know how your first meeting goes and I wish you the very best of luck. :) x

Hiyas all you lovely lot,
Ikkle87 I have done exactly the same as you I have joined more times than I can remember but this time I have gone further afield to a new group still local to me tho thankfully never met the consultant before and don't know many of the group but I wanted it that way the familiar and super friendly it don't matter its only 3lb on is doing me no good whatsoever so feel different this time ... I have also had many dif diets diaries on here and let many mini friends down disappearing but I feel it's something that happened for a reason little targets for me 2 stone interim but for now its getting back in the 20's so 4lb... good luck xx

Thanks guys, well I went and joined. The new group is lovely. The consultant seems brilliant, I felt inspired and like she will really help me along my journey which is great and the rest of the group were lovely too.

So the official result of my first weigh in is I weigh 31 stone 5lb which I kind of expected as I think I weighed that at the beginning of August when I had my first appointment with the weight loss surgeon team.

Think my first mini target is to lose 6lb to get me under 31stone.

Wow great to see so many new faces on this thread - lots of support all round.

I had a massive (planned) blip this weekend with a wedding and other celebrations and have taken a big step back. At group tomorrow to get weighed and face the music but I will NOT give up this time! (And to be fair, the weekend was totally worth it - no more celebrations until a night out in December now so plenty of time to shift some blubber).

Hello ikkle and Happy Birthday- your user name seems really familiar! Not sure where from. Your meal plan for the week sounds really good. I put finally chopped cooked carrot in chicken and sweet corn soup as I find it doesn't really change the taste. I think we have all been there where we come on and off diets so you are not alone. I saw a weight loss surgery team in March before I started Slimming World, went for a follow up in May - I think I am still technically under them as I wanted to see the psychologist to talk about my food issues (I have been on the list before and seen the psychologist which was really helpful and then I came off the list as I was doing well on my own) but the list is so long my next appointment is in November and then I have to wait to see the psychologist after that so it's a bit of a wait.

Hello ikkle and Happy Birthday- your user name seems really familiar! Not sure where from.

LIF? Although haven't posted on there in a long long time.

You are doing really well, I hope you are proud of yourself. I went for a band before a few years ago and by the time I got the inital appointment through they said I had lost too much weight on slimming world to qualify. I will have to try the carrot in soup idea.

LIF? Although haven't posted on there in a long long time.

You are doing really well, I hope you are proud of yourself. I went for a band before a few years ago and by the time I got the inital appointment through they said I had lost too much weight on slimming world to qualify. I will have to try the carrot in soup idea.

Yes that will be it - I don't think we ever spoke but I have a healthy eating thread over there and also when I started I think I read most of the old slimming world threads on there for inspiration along the way - that is where I know you name from! It is very quiet over there now sadly.

Thank you so much. That's lovely to say. It is is the best I've ever done on a diet - though as slimming world says it's not dieting, it's food optimising. I find this site and facebook and my group all very helpful and the fact you don't go hungry on slimming world. It is great your first meeting went well. It is definitely best to set mini targets and fingers crossed you'll hit your first soon!

II always worry people will think 'oh its her again she won't stick at it'

Can you not make this work in your favour? I mean, the fact that we are all watching you and cheering you on?

I PROMISE you that nobody - NOBODY will be thinking oh its her again she won't stick at it'. Because ALL of us really big people (I started at 26 stone +) have tried and failed over and over. No way are we going to judge you, snigger at you... we are all in the same boat, Ikkle! But now we all have each other.

One word of advice, though... you might find this task less daunting if you don't focus on losing 17stone. Why not aim at losing 5 stone? 70 pounds. Ten pounds at a time. One of the things that made me give up time and again was the lack of belief that I could lose 200lb, so I cut that in half and set myself the challenge of losing 100lb, and made that my username, 366 to 266. And I have already lost a quarter of that, which feel great! I no longer think about what weight I "should" be or dream of being, because it just feels unattainable.

I'm doing this with you!

Helena

Thanks hun whilst in the long run I have said I want to lose 17stone I'm quite happy to do it in smaller targets. Lose 6lb and get under 31stone, get under 30 stone, get my club 10, weigh less than my age (27) etc. Being 14 stone isn't even really the ultimate goal for me. I just want to feel better about myself and be happy and healthier if that happens at 18 stone or 16 stone then thats ok by me. The hospital want me under 20 stone for a hernia operation so I suppose that is another mini target.

I love mini goals. It's a great feeling when you reach them. :D

Got my weigh in later today and I'm a tad nervous.. I want my 3.5 stone but I bet I'll lose 2lbs to be half a pound off it :rolleyes:

I love mini goals too :) Im 9 lbs away from my next goal :) Gimme gimme :)
Good luck MC , hope you get your 3,5 st award

Back