100 Days to Change My Life

88 Days to Go

I am feeling quite steely at the moment. Even though I had a couple of days that were carb fuelled, I still managed to drop 2 pounds which has set me up for a good week. I could double that loss this week if I stick to total solution.
I have no meals out this week and I have bowed out of boozy night with the girls as I seriously want to lose this weight in the timeframe I set myself.

I started a yoga video yesterday, apparently it is highly recommended to stop saggy skin after rapid weight loss... fingers crossed it works. I am a beginner and it does cater for beginners and the more experienced which is good. I shall let you know in a few weeks if I am as taut as a twenty year old or have more hanging skin than a butchers window. :)

Have a good Tuesday y'all. XX

Last edited:
I'm loving your countdown:

88 Days to Go

I've always fancied doing yoga but as a complete beginner wouldn't know where to start - if your dvd is any good let us know :)

hi All Yours, just found your diary! congrats on reining it in from the weekend. Reading your description of the shakes doesn't make me want to try them! had the coconut one and it felt just :eatdrink017: I bought an array including christmas pudding I think - but there sitting in the box untouched, like the soups and the carbonara ( that one is just WRONG!) and the breakfast eggs - which i eventually will have to attempt making again.
I look forward to reading your entries and losing weight with gals like you - strong, determined and with their eyes on the prize!

87 days to go

I woke up this morning with a grufty headache... a side effect on VLCD. Then I said to myself... no, you definitely wake up with a headache once a week Liz without being on a VLCD so maybe a side effect from sleeping in a poor position. You see, I have started arguing with my 'excuses women'... that little woman inside of me that is full of excuses as to why to give up the latest diet.

I hopped on the scale this morning and I have dropped two pounds already this week and it is still four days until weigh in, so I definitely feel lifted. Headaches or not I will crack on.

Thanks Sadie/EnlightenMe2 ... the support means muchly. I am so glad not to be doing this VLCD alone.

I am gluten intolerant so I can only have the shakes but I don't mind, apart from the odd yearning when I smell food, it is nice to be able to switch off from food for a few weeks. It has played such a major part in my life (supressing emotions usually) that it is quite freeing as I am having to deal with little problems head on rather than drown them out with a carb-load of junk.

Time to get the wee one ready for school... she loves school and gets upset if she has time off due to being poorly, strange girl. ;)

I hope Wednesday is fantastic for you all.

Lizzy X

Just shakes - that is determination!

Great loss so far - I'm avoiding the scales here til weigh in day here.

My (grown up) son loved every day of school (unlike me). It is a strange thing, but loving school is a godsend when you need to get on with your own day though!

Just shakes - that is determination!

Great loss so far - I'm avoiding the scales here til weigh in day here.

My (grown up) son loved every day of school (unlike me). It is a strange thing, but loving school is a godsend when you need to get on with your own day though!

Yes I feel very lucky, she is four and skips into school. Some of the other mum's have tearful children clinging to their legs and the mum's look almost as distressed as the kids. It makes it easier to get on with your day as you say.

You have some willpower not getting on the scales. I shouldn't really get on them midweek as a non-moving scale would make me feel despondent and more likely to spoil the plan. I shall try and stay off them until Saturday now. :rolleyes:

Well done on the losses and getting back on it with such gusto! I've tried yoga but it wasn't very me... Maybe I was just self conscious at my size. Could try again now!

I love your countdown idea...I need an 'aim' to help me stay on track. I struggle with the social side of this diet, but I figure if I can stay on track 95% of the time I'll be ok. Meals out are hard!

You seem to be able to get straight back on it which is great :D

85 Days To Go

Thank you. :) Yes the 100 day countdown keeps me focused on the goal... it is almost like ticking sands and I don't have time to use my usual excuse of 'I'll start again tomorrow.' I think I have got into the rhythm of Exante now and apart from the odd bit of chicken when I feel dizzy, I am not really hungry. I don't have bundles of energy so I pace myself, I get any heavy work done in the morning when I am fully rested and from 6pm onwards I relax as I am just about spent. (I have never had so many deep hot bubble-filled baths... I think I am getting an addiction to those now.

I have found the less people I tell about a VLCD the better, once they know they appear to be on a mission to break my resolve. My mother brought me a gluten free chocolate (she is aware I am losing weight) and she tried to push it on me no less than SIX times, I snapped in the end and growled at her. I could tell by her face that she doesn't wasn't me slim because she isn't slim. Over-eaters love the company of other chubsters. Don't get me wrong, she is a good mother but she appears worried that she won't have someone overweight to feel okay with. So she ate half the cake in front of me as we chatted and then said 'you can have a bit of cake and still lose weight you know.' :banghead:
Not me... 'a bit of cake' isn't enough... I would rather not have any.

The lack of support from female family members is astounding but not unusual... funny lot the ladies in my clan (me being the exception ;)) thank God I have an amazing set of supportive pals... curvy gals and slim gals. :cool:

Lol my sister was like that with me last week. Just wanted to treat me as I don't see her often. I had to refuse so many things I started to feel bad!

People don't realise vlcd is a different monster to countin cals. One wrong bite and you're out of ketosis and miserable!!

I'm lucky, there are not many women in my clan and the men in my life are ok with it and not offering me stuff I don't want to eat right now.

Even my Dad, who doesn't understand that cakes and biscuits are not usual diet foods, didn't offer me any goodies.

Bubble baths are my daily treat for a 100% TS day :)

With my friends its booze...... 'Oh look you have lost so much weight! Lets go out and drink enough calories to put it all back on again to celebrate!!!!' ;-) I've started taking my car with me everywhere. I live in Scotland so can easily refuse all drinks and have a perfectly valid excuse!

No one here pushes food, but oh the free flowing alcohol is a-plenty! Some of the skinniest (and unhealthiest) women I know, I swear - can drink their weight in alcohol! I tell them I can't drink because of some health related tests i have to take :rolleyes: because I'd rather tell them that than I'm dieting - I can literally see their eyes rolling in the back of their heads as "dieting" to them IS the way they live their entire life... like 365 24/7 VLCD!:eek:

I have often thought the skinny minis who drink their weight in alcohol probably don't actually eat anything much at all and survive on alcohol alone, and that is why they are so skinny :(

I have a friend who is like that - drinks more than she eats - and you couldn't see her if she stood behind a lamp post. She tends to push the drink at me when we get together and even when not dieting I just can't keep pace.

How are you doing Allyours?
I didn't drink my weight in alcohol (I'd be dead by now :rolleyes:) - but I did slip.
Back on the wagon since yesterday -
How's the weekend? It has not stopped raining here

83 days to go

It makes me feel better that just about everyone meets the odd bit of resistance from others... unusually it is making me more stubborn to stick to my plan and drop these three stones in 100 days.

I am pleased to say I lost 5lbs this week and so I am on track :DI need to lose just over two pounds a week to get to goal. I am also thrilled to say my size 16 jeans now fit comfortably and the 18's very unattractively hang off my bottom. Hello again size 16s. :banana_dancer:

On a less thrilling note but something I just have to deal with, on Friday morning I passed out at work after having dizzy spells most of last week. I have never passed out before so I took myself and a packet of Exante off to my GP on Friday afternoon. He thinks the dizzy spells are caused by low blood pressure. He is happy for me to continue with Exante three packs a day but wants me to include a 400 calorie healthy meal/snacks taking my calories up to 1000 a day. He said a low carb meal is fine as he has no problems with ketogenic diets. So in a way I am pleased, at least I can still stay with Exante and not worry about meals three times a day... but I don't want a meal to turn into a binge so I need to be firm with myself.

Today is three shakes and a grilled pork loin steak with green veg. I have bought some sea salt as the doc thought a small pinch of sodium on my meals whilst on Exante would be beneficial. I had a low carb meal last night and have to admit, I have so much energy today, I feel fab.

Have a lovely Sunday all...

Lizzy XX

How are you doing Allyours?
I didn't drink my weight in alcohol (I'd be dead by now :rolleyes:) - but I did slip.
Back on the wagon since yesterday -
How's the weekend? It has not stopped raining here

I have had a couple of slip-up days and they don't greatly affect losses if I get straight back on track. How did you feel with alcohol+ ketosis? I had such a bad hangover a couple of years ago after very low-carbing and three large glasses of wine. I thought I was dying all Sunday lol.

Weekend is a mix of sunshine and rain here in East Yorks... a few daffs are out too. Spring is definitely on her lovely way yay!!

X

Back