100lb CHALLENGE

Hi there, could I join please? I have actually more than 100lb to lose but 100lb was my major goal at first. This is my third day of starting day 1 of Exante! I did Lipotrim for 10 days before and found that really hard. It took me a minute this morning to realise I was on it and had already drank a coffee with semi-skimmed milk, hoping it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Zoe and Sparkley your doing amazing well done, keep up the good work and tell me how the hell you stay on it longer? What variation are you having?

Hi there, could I join please? I have actually more than 100lb to lose but 100lb was my major goal at first. This is my third day of starting day 1 of Exante! I did Lipotrim for 10 days before and found that really hard. It took me a minute this morning to realise I was on it and had already drank a coffee with semi-skimmed milk, hoping it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Zoe and Sparkley your doing amazing well done, keep up the good work and tell me how the hell you stay on it longer? What variation are you having?

Hi Lyni G

Well done for getting back on it. I am a bit of an all or nothing kinda gal when it comes to dieting. So I go at it full force but in the past as soon as the weight loss slows down or stops, or I have one small cheat I fall of the wagon big time! So at the moment I am feeling very motivated and focussed but I know if I had one treat it would lead to another and another.

You have done well with your loss so far. Like you, I've got a lot of weight to lose and I reckon it will take me about 18 months to do it - well I am aiming for Christmas 2014. It feels like such a mammoth task but Christmas 2014 will come around whether I stick to this or not so trying to look at the bigger picture. So if I can be as good as I can for 18 months I should hopefully have a slimmer, healthier and happier life for many years after that. The worst thing would be getting to Christmas 2014 and being the same size I am now and regretting not sticking with it.

I found it easier than I thought I would. The first few days I did feel hungry but was very focussed and got through it. I really don't feel hungry now (not saying I couldn't eat tho!!) and the big loss this week has made me even more determined.

Today I had a strawberry shake about 11am, a bar at 4pm and with have the carbonara this evening. Also drinking about 3-4 litres of water a day.

How tall are you Lyni G? I'm 5'7" tall. I lost 11 stones with WW about 20 years ago and my goal then was the same as yours - 12st 5lb.

One tip - I found it best to start the diet when I knew I had a busy week at work as that wouldn't give me time to think about it!

x

I'm 5ft 8 hon. Wow well done on your big losses. I have a 2.5 year old and an almost 4 month old to keep me busy. I lost 16lb on Lipotrim but needed something to chew. I always get stuck around 20 stone I can never get below it drives me bonkers. I had a porridge this morning, shake at 3pm and have just finished the bar, quite tasty actually. Have had 2 litres so far of water and am sipping as I go. I'm proud I've got through this far and I'll be in bed in a few hours so day number 2 here I come.

Hi lyni g,

Good luck, the way I have looked at it is that for 5 months out of my life I can hopefully set myself a lifetime challenge to maintain the weight I am more comfortable at. I lost just under what I want to lose this time and over the space of 2 years crept back up again, looking back it started when we moved house and I didn't make time to jog or swim, I was maintaining within 1/2 stone until then.
I feel personally I should be about 6 stone, I have 3 children under 6 and work full time shifts. The time I struggle is when I am tired after a night shift, I could eat anything and before I started this I did. I need to remember that I can get through just on the 600kcal a day so why do I need to take enough food to feed 4 to get me through a night shift!!!

I can't really describe how I feel at the minute as last time I did this was winter, now it's summer I could kill for a salad and icecream but then I think how I look now in shorts to how I will hopefully look next year, and that keeps me on track.

Also my little girl is only 18 months and I had the implant in when she was born, this as thrown my monthly cycle into chaos. It might be coincidence but it seems to have gone back to 4 weekly since loosing just the bit of weight I have lost so far.

When I started I bought a shake and bar bundle and the winter warmer bundle but I mix and match. I have 1 milkshake, 1 bar and then alternate porridge and carbonara. It makes me feel like I'm having something normal each day.

Keep us updated. Try setting smaller targets too, my first was 10% loss. Now I have broken it down to each 1/5th loss then inbetween the stone markers. Just gives you more to aim for.

Think I have got how to do the list now so here goes:-

Zoe9804 100lb - 19lb = 81lb to go
Sparkley 100lb - 11lb = 89lb to go

Its a good way of thinking things through. I'm hoping to be able to persevere longer on this one as there is food involved. people dont feel sorry for you in a social event if your eating a bar etc. I'm still on the wagon yippee.

I'm 5ft 8 hon. Wow well done on your big losses. I have a 2.5 year old and an almost 4 month old to keep me busy. I lost 16lb on Lipotrim but needed something to chew. I always get stuck around 20 stone I can never get below it drives me bonkers. I had a porridge this morning, shake at 3pm and have just finished the bar, quite tasty actually. Have had 2 litres so far of water and am sipping as I go. I'm proud I've got through this far and I'll be in bed in a few hours so day number 2 here I come.

Hi Lyni G - I hear you sista on the not being able to get below 20 stone thing! I am just the same... I have yoyo'd between 20.5 and 23.7 up and down up and down for around 8 years. Every diet I have tried gets me down to just above 20 then grinds to a halt. I am hoping this method is foolproof and it will be a happy day when I see 19 on those scales!

How are you getting on? In my first week I was determined to not get on the scales until the week was up - which is what I did. But since my weigh in yesterday I couldn't help myself but to get on the scales again this morning! And it was showing up 4lb lighter than I was on Monday!?! That can't be right, surely. Anyway, my OH has threatened to hide the scales if I don't stop hopping on every five minutes so will show restraint and wait until next Monday.

Hope you're having a good day. x

Week 4 weigh in for me, totals updated

Zoe9804 100lb - 20lb = 80lb to go
Sparkley 100lb - 11lb = 89lb to go

So I'm on day 3 now, desperate to jump on the scales but don't have any lol! Will have to wait til I can get into town and do it at boots, so looks like I'm not a weekly weigher for now but I'm still here! Bring on 100lbs I know someone who was on LT who managed 100lbs in 20 weeks....which is exactly that til my birthday so who knows! Xx

So I'm on day 3 now, desperate to jump on the scales but don't have any lol! Will have to wait til I can get into town and do it at boots, so looks like I'm not a weekly weigher for now but I'm still here! Bring on 100lbs I know someone who was on LT who managed 100lbs in 20 weeks....which is exactly that til my birthday so who knows! Xx

Hey no problems, when I did lighterlife I did not own scales till I had reached my target, if you know your doing it 100% then you don't need to worry, just post when you can and we'll just keep updating till we get to the end, it will soon come round. When I first started I think I worked out 3.5lbs per week till Xmas, I'm currently 6lb ahead of that and hoping once I start excercising more it will at least maintain at that. I have had a few sticky moments, but just keep plodding. I am happy with the food combination too. I have 3 weeks off work from Monday so fingers crossed this will get me started in a better routine.

Keep it up.

Well girls I couldnt do the TS on Exante so am doing 2 replacement meals a day and a normal meal. I did think oh I've failed but I haven't as I've not picked up my old habits in fact I'm still trying so as long as I'm always trying to lose weight I am not failing. xx Hope you girls are finding it easier than me. I've lost another 6lb this week so am now on 21 lb weight loss since beginning of June.

Well done on what you've done so far :)

Well done Lynn, I agree if the weights coming off you are not failing. Keep going, I'll added you in if you still want to.

Hi I'm currently on day six and have about 5 stone to lose. I'm doing TS as I'm an all or nothing girl. Going to Spain for a week on 1st September and really want to lose a couple of stone by then, any support from you lovely ladies would be great :)

Hi I'm currently on day six and have about 5 stone to lose. I'm doing TS as I'm an all or nothing girl. Going to Spain for a week on 1st September and really want to lose a couple of stone by then, any support from you lovely ladies would be great :)

Hi Cliopatra

I'm a bit like you - all or nothing. At the moment I'm very focussed on being 'all' and have been 100% on TS since starting on 1 July. However... today we had a pre-booked champagne breakfast with friends who had arranged it as a Christmas present and we'd decided then to do it in the Summer. So was really tricky as didn't want to disappoint friends who had bought it as a present for us - and they were going too. So decided to be as focussed as I could and try to avoid carbs. I had melon balls with natural yoghurt, of which I only ate half, followed by poached eggs with smoked salmon and no toast. Left some of the salmon as there was a lot. Also only drank water. My friends know I am doing the diet and were very understanding and didn't make me feel bad... even though I kinda did (my issue, I know!). So other than that I have been 100% three meal replacements each day for 13 days.

To be honest it's been a lot easier than I thought it would be. Have not been hungry other than when I have had a coke zero, so not having any more of that as I think it must do something to me. I feel totally stuffed after a 'proper' breakfast, even though it was only a fraction of what I would have had if I hadn't been on the diet.

I too have a holiday booked, going 27th Sept for a week to Corfu. So I am trying to see how much I can lose for that. Frustratingly I lost 2.5 stones last year before going on holiday then since getting back put that back on, plus an additional half a stone. So currently trying to lose that weight. A holiday is a good incentive tho.

What day is your weigh in day Cliopatra? Mine is Monday and this Monday will be my second weigh in.

x

Well girls I couldnt do the TS on Exante so am doing 2 replacement meals a day and a normal meal. I did think oh I've failed but I haven't as I've not picked up my old habits in fact I'm still trying so as long as I'm always trying to lose weight I am not failing. xx Hope you girls are finding it easier than me. I've lost another 6lb this week so am now on 21 lb weight loss since beginning of June.

Hi LyniG, well done, you're doing really well. You made a wise decision as if you'd try to stick with TS and kept slipping you could easily fall of the wagon. So your plan is a good idea and is obviously working for you so well done. I'd be well chuffed with 21lb in that period of time.

x

Hi Sparkley

it sounds like you've got it all under control to me, you go girl!

My first weigh in is Monday morning so I'm really excited as I've stuck to it 100% even to the point of only having one black coffee first thing in the morning and then about 4 litres of water throughout the day. I do feel a slight hunger pang around 5pm but like to have my last shake about 8pm otherwise I think I'd struggle more with evening time. Keep me posted on your continued success as I find others doing this both inspiring and motivational. Xx

Hi Exante crew,I'm looking for joining a group to spur me on , can I join please ?
I Started yesterday (Saturday ) I started with 247 pounds .
I'd love to lose as much as I can before October 26th .
Just been reading everyones posts just catching up .

Hi MsJmc

I only started 6 days ago. I won't lie the first 3 days for me very pretty tough but now apart from feeling slight hunger pangs at about 5pm I don't think about food. Hope you are successful on your journey x

Back