100lb CHALLENGE

Cliopatra, Hi there . so you found it hard first few days , that's it with this vlcd, you never know what each day will bring , that's the scarey part. usally i'm ok on my first week, but then I mentaly miss food , I then start to think about food its usally carbs that I think about , so that's my hardest part . so always at 5pm you get hungry from when do you have your shakes ? maybe do them a bit different , I really find it helps to keep up with water ice cold and keep busy .
How much do you want to lose on vlcd ?

Hi Ms JMC.......I think it's cooking dinner for the family that sets off my hunger signals, the smell of pork chop tonight was soooo delicious lol, I have my first shake at about 11.30am the next at 3pm and the last at 8pm. I drink 4 litres of ice cold water everyday so I know I'm not dehydrated. I want to lose about 5stone 8lbs in total, but really hope to shift the first couple of stone at least by my holiday in September. Have you done VLCD before?

Hi , I have done VLCD before yes , but lost my way and really feel I want to change my body and quickly . maybe leaving it till 8pm could be too long as you get hungry at 5pm ? with me I have first one at 11 ish then it goes 3ish and then it goes 6 or 7 pm .... I notice by 5pm I want to eat , but think too early yet , then think Not long had one .
Yes i'm thinking the same for my holiday , don't want to be big on the plane so better make the most of the 15 weeks .
where are you going on holiday ?
sometimes food does not matter to me but then from nowhere I think food , then I fight with that food thought for some time .... that's scarey .
I have about 7 stone to lose but I just cant look at that all at once .
The weather is really helping me get back into vlcd , I have tried many times but lets keep this weather going now for a long time , otherwise I may have to move to hong kong to melt , don't see many overweight there lol because its so hot there humid lol .
I need to get bars , miss them , but have to wait till more money .

Hi MsJMC

I agree that 100lb straight out seems along way that's why I posted the challenge, with the encouragement on here I'm hoping it helps. You've possibly read my posts but I keep breaking down to very little targets. 1/5th, 1 1/2 stone. 1/4 way there etc it helps me get going. Unlike when I did lighterlife I have also decided to let my self have a little treat (steak and salad) if I want it after achieving a decent goal. I've been to pub this afternoon and drank iced water, now that's not me. But 7lb more and I will give myself that treat. Please keep posting we can add you to the challenge, the more encouragement the better.

Hi MsJMC

I agree that 100lb straight out seems along way that's why I posted the challenge, with the encouragement on here I'm hoping it helps. You've possibly read my posts but I keep breaking down to very little targets. 1/5th, 1 1/2 stone. 1/4 way there etc it helps me get going. Unlike when I did lighterlife I have also decided to let my self have a little treat (steak and salad) if I want it after achieving a decent goal. I've been to pub this afternoon and drank iced water, now that's not me. But 7lb more and I will give myself that treat. Please keep posting we can add you to the challenge, the more encouragement the better.

Evening , :) Yes , please add me . its day 2 for me today must say the weather has really helped me , I must say my mood seems low , I notice my mood drops on vlcd , but read that about others , shows how much we turn to food to cheer us up , take it away and you withdraw ... like fags and booze I guess .
LL I did start that few months ago , but found they was not giving me right info and reading off sheets as she was new , it felt hearless info and was not given freebies or the correct info , I loved LL stuff so nice , shame cant get hold of it without going to group .
Sounds good idea 7 pounds off then treat , how much have you lost then in all ? So you kown you can do this as you have before , how coes you chose exante this time price ?

Here is a list of the Team
zoe9804 Team Leader
ButtonsTheSuperCat
Shrimp
Plym2bslim
Sparkley
lyniG
Cliopatra
Msjmc

Hi, yes it was price this time. I also liked the products on LL. but I am getting the same results on this, been trying to find my book out with my weight loses but think its stashed away in the garage somewhere. I have just reached my 1 1/2 stone in 4 1/2 weeks. I will update the list with weight loss shortly.

Hi Zoe, I'm on day 7 so relatively new to all of this. Have never done a VLCD diet before so the first four days were pretty difficult, but think I must be in ketosis now so only really getting a bit hungry at about 5pm. I'm aiming to losing 5st 8lb and want the first 2 stone ideally gone by 1st sept for my holiday to Spain, then another stone gone for an event in October and maybe the bulk of what's left by Xmas. Have you had the bars? And if so are they filling and tasty? Good luck with your journey xx

Hi MsJMC.....I did try having my last shake at about 7pm but then I couldn't sleep because I felt hungry again at 10pm. I'm hoping as the days go on it won't be such an issue. I know I'm determined enough not to crack I just hate thinking about food for those couple of hours, it completely consumes me. It's not carbs I'm thinking about its always meat lol, my other half has nicknamed me "the carnivore" which is a pretty accurate description lol x

Hi cliopatra

Yes I have the bars, they just make me feel like I'm eating. I bought the winter warmer pack and shakes and bar pack. But I mix them so I always have a shake and bar each day, but then I alternate between porridge and carbonara each day. I have found it fine. I don't see why you can't achieve your goals. I find that little bit of exercise also helps. Have you tried sparkling water, I work shifts and on my first night shift I'm generally up for 24hrs. So I have longer to spread the packs over. I try to have a pack at lunch, one at 7.30pm and one just after midnight. I will also take a 2lt bottle of sparkling water to work, and find this fills me.

Hi Zoe

I would love to drink sparkling water but all I can taste is the carbonation in it and it makes me feel sick. Is tonic water ok to drink because I could drink that till the cows come home. I do drink 4 litres of normal water a day and a couple of black coffees a day, it's only really at about 5pm I get a few hunger pangs, but think that's because I'm cooking dinner for the family and the smell sets me off lol I usually have my packs at about 11.30am, 3pm and 8pm, if I have the last one any earlier then I feel hungry and find it hard to get to sleep. I'm hoping as time goes on I will stop feeling the hunger bit at 5pm, it's early days yet I guess

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Morning , My start weight was 247 and I weigh in on Friday Zoe . Yes that would be great if you could find your loses on LL . wow 1 !/2 stone in 4 1/2 weeks that's great .
Cliopatra , ho yes going to bed hungry not good keeps you awake .
I love the bars but i'm out of them , im having my wafers high protein until I get some more money , I have lots of shakes , soups, porridge , pasta , I love exante bars . On facebook on Exante they have offers so look out for them . I have had some good deals . Water , I have coke zero from time to time .
I had an awful dream last night that I was eating food from this open van and me and my daughter were there and I was eating , I woke to think i'd really done it .... ho god lol . went to bed last night with a very bad head , im ok now .
My reasons for starting now is that I put this weight on over 4 years the main bulk on it anyway and have tried to get back there, but its been start fail for me my daughters in year 5 now but when she was in year 1 I was 11 1/2 stone i'm in the 17 now , just working my way back to that even would be great , but mainly my weight was 8 1/2 but that now to me is not where I want to be . How about everyone else ?
I have inlaws for dinner today , they don't know i'm on this diet , and i'm going to have to eat cabbage and chicken so no questions are asked .... but i'm going to have a very small portion , as i'm really in the zone todo do this . so i'll take my lunch time Exante out .
Hows everyone finding this ?

Must be horrible dreaming about food and thinking for a split second you'd eaten it! I might try the shakes and bars bundle next time around. Good luck with lunch today, it's horrible having to hide it, I was upfront with my mum and she recoiled in horror but then she weighs about 8 stone and has never been overweight so she doesn't understand the emotions when you get to the stage of not being able to stand it anymore. Having said that she knows I'm a determined person so has accepted it and is now encouraging me. You did amazingly well before I'm sure you can do it again, it's stories like yours that give me the inspiration to battle on :D

I have told all my family who are very encouraging (even my OH) this time. I did slimming world all the way through my last pregnancy so I only put about 8lb on, and that was in the last 2 months. I weighed in 1 1/2 stone less once I'd had her. I stayed on slimming world for a few months but got to point where I was losing one week gaining the next. I admit I wasn't doing it 100% but find cooking three different meals the problem. The problem started when I started back at work and the shifts. I put 2 stone on in 10 months. Yet when I do VLCD I can cope without eating rubbish. I need to get my head around the eating issues, but think I will always have to diet in some form to maintain my weight.

I think I've done every conceivable diet going, but I think I have to take food out of the equation altogether and learn why I turn to food whilst doing exante. Hopefully with all the support here we can do it :D

Hi ladies, I am the same - tried every diet going and have been dieting on and off since about the age of 13. My mum used to take me to the doctors because she couldn't understand why my brother and sister were skinny and I was big when she was feeding us all the same. Both parents are slim but I have always been big. Undergone lots of different tests but no clinical reason for it and I just got bigger and bigger. About 20 years ago I managed to lose 11 stones with WW but ended up on 800 cals a day just to maintain. Wrecked my metabolism and ended up steadily regaining all the weight. Have rejoined WW numerous times and always lost a couple of stones fairly easily but then ground to a halt. Same with SW. Am hoping this time will be different and removing food decisions and portion control out of the equation will make it fool proof.

Am not feeling hungry at all, in fact the opposite. After 14 days on the TS I am finding that after any TS meal I feel almost uncomfortably full. Had a banana shake this morning and felt really bloated and 'stuffed'. Drinking loads of water so not sure if I am full from that then taking the shake on top. Anyone else finding this? Going away end of September and hoping to have shifted a few stones by then but at the moment, although I've lost around a stone, I'm not feeling any different.

I want to start doing some exercise as this can only help... but so hot I'm not sure I can take it! Last year I started doing a 3 mile power walk before work and felt so much better for it so planning on starting that again from tomorrow.

My second weigh in is tomorrow but TOTM so will see what results I get.

Hope you all have a lovely sunny Sunday x

Hi Sparkley

My story is similar to yours. Both parents are incredibly slim and I've tried very diet known to man except a VLCD. I'm finding taking all food out of the equation is the way to go for me. I'm currently on day 7 and other than when cooking dinner for the boys I'm not feeling hungry. I out on weight after having four kids all in the space of 5 and a half years and never lost the weight in between. I'm looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow, hoping to have a good loss to kick start me and motivate me for week two. 11lb loss for the first week is amazing, well done you!! I'm drinking around 4 litres of water a day so am spending half my time in the loo lol. Keep me posted on your next loss, have a lovely Sunday x

hey girls, well I've kind of made a kind of pact with hubby, that I want another baby when I've lost enough weight. I'm going to try again tomorrow to see if I can do TS. I must be bonkers as my littlest member is 4 months old but I'd love some more maybe next year, that'll give me time to shift some weight. Watch out for the state of me tomorrow after I'm trying on TS lol be a rambling mess by tea time. Although I did buy 5 slabs of fudge today but I dont really like fudge so think I bought them to share lol x well done girlies keep it up.

Hi All
Well today has been half vanilla shake , then it was a chicken leg and cabbage. then it was choc shake , that's it really not hungry at all .... got another slight headache .
Yes weird dreams, anyone else have them ?
Hope the weather keeps hot as really helps . Going to go to bed as bit unwell , will write more tomorrow , hope everyones doing well . my saying is , lets get on with this and get it out of the way . !

Back