101 lb to lose

hey I just realised you've been doing SW for 3 weeks now, how have your loses been so far?

First week I lost 5.5lb. Second week I lost 3.5lb. Third week I lost 2.5lb.

My next weigh in is Saturday. I had a cheeky peek at the scales this morning and I've lost 2.5lb after 5 days of eating scan bran. I'm gonna do two regular Extra Easy days and leave the scan bran and see what the scales say on Saturday.

Have you tried the frozen meals from Iceland? I haven't but a few people have said they are a lifesaver when you need to have something to eat and are stuck for time. I plan all of my meals a few days in advance so I know exactly what I'm eating, failing that a Subway chicken salad with sweet onion dressing is only 1.5 syns!

wow that is an amazing loss every week. so are you doing sp days with the scan bran challenge?
I haven't checked them out, do they do vegetarian meals too?
planning your meals in advance is a really good idea, it must help you stay on plan right? I will have to start doing that too.
I hardly ever eat out so I don't know much about the syn values of anything.
Do you go to a group or are you doing it from home? I'm doing it from home although I'd love to join a group for support.

wow that is an amazing loss every week. so are you doing sp days with the scan bran challenge?
I haven't checked them out, do they do vegetarian meals too?
planning your meals in advance is a really good idea, it must help you stay on plan right? I will have to start doing that too.
I hardly ever eat out so I don't know much about the syn values of anything.
Do you go to a group or are you doing it from home? I'm doing it from home although I'd love to join a group for support.

I' haven't done any SP days but have been generally eating a lot of fruit and veg. While having the scan bran I've been to full to snack of fruit so feel like my fruit and veg intake has gone way down. I've got a lot to lose so will need to start exercising soon in order to keep it up. I told my self I'd start running after my 1 stone award!

There are a few vegetarian meals. I've heard good things about them. Also, try to think of things you can throw in the microwave like jacket or sweet potato with beans and a side salad, or scrambled egg (if you eat egg).

Download the app it has a food search function so you can check the syn value of everything. I also find following people on Insta G is helpful for meal ideas and support.

I go to a group and think it makes sticking to plan so much easier. Everyone at group is so supportive and full of ideas and tips. I'd definitely recommend joining a group.

Well done on your losses so far hun. Your food is sounding good so I'm here to subscribe!

Good luck for Saturday weigh in! xx

Wednesday 13th May - Day 26 - Scan Bran Challenge Day 5

Breakfast - 3 x scan bran topped with Laughing Cow light blue cheese and ham, toffee Mullerlight, apple

Lunch - 2 x scan bran topped with Laughing Cow light blue cheese and ham, homemade butternut squash soup

Dinner - Nothing. I felt wy too bloated after 5 days of scan bran I just had a nettle and peppermint tea

Healthy Extras - A - 4 x Laughing Cow light cheese triangles - B - 5 x scan bran

Syns - 3.5 - 2 - Semi skimmed milk in tea and coffee - 1.5 - 1 x Laughing Cow cheese triangle

You're doing great!
I've got the app but I can't check syn values because it's for members only.
I love jacket potatoes and salad, I have them 2 times a week atleast, they're so easy to make when you're hungry. :)
I think You're doing great without the excercise, You're going to lose even more with exercise. I really need to start working out , I can just about manage 10mins on the elliptical trainer a day and im knocked out after that.lol :D

Thursday 14th May - Day 27

Breakfast - Greek yogurt, strawberries, and tablespoon of honey (2.5 syns)

Lunch - Pea and Ham Soup

Dinner - Tuna Steak, Iceland roasted Meditereanan vegetables, jacket potato with Laughing Cow blue cheese

Snacks - Nutella

Healthy Extras - A - 4 x Laughing Cow light cheese triangles - B - Alpen Light bar

Syns - 10.5 - 4 - Nutella - 2.5 - milk - 2.5 - honey - 1.5 - vegetable dressing

Friday 15th May - Day 28

Breakfast - Fat free Greek yogurt, orange segments, and teapoon of honey

Lunch - Tuna Steak, Iceland roasted Meditereanan vegetables

Dinner - Skinny Cappucino Mullerlight and Coffee

Snacks - Pear

Healthy Extras - A - Semi Skimmed Milk - B - Alpen Light bar

Syns - 3.5 - 1 - honey - 2.5 - veg dressing

Saturday 16th May - Day 29 - EESP Day

Breakfast - Carrot, onion, and coriander soup and roast turkey chunks

Lunch - Ham and cheese salad sandwich on small wholemeal bread

Dinner - Lamb steak and a large flat mushroom topped with 2 light cheese triangles

Snacks - Honeydew melon, Nectarine, orange, strawberries, Peanut Butter Kit Kat Chunky

Drinks - 1 x 25ml rum and diet coke

Healthy Extras - A - 4 x Laughing Cow Light triangles - B1 - 2 slices small wholemeal bread - B2 - 35 pistachios

Syns - 15 - 12.5 - Kit Kat Chunky - 2.5 - rum

Sunday 17th May - Day 30

Breakfast - Sausage, bacon with all fat removed, scrambled egg, mushroom, baked beans, wholemeal toast

Lunch - Turkey chunks, melon, banana, strawberries, Mullerlight

Dinner - Lamb steak and a large flat mushroom topped with 2 light cheese triangles

Snacks - Salted Caramel Hifi Bar

Healthy Extras - A - 2 x Laughing Cow Light triangles and 125ml semi skimmed milk - B1 - 2 slices small wholemeal bread

Syns - 12.5 - 6.5 sausage - 6 - hifi bar

Have you tried the frozen meals from Iceland? I haven't but a few people have said they are a lifesaver when you need to have something to eat and are stuck for time. I plan all of my meals a few days in advance so I know exactly what I'm eating, failing that a Subway chicken salad with sweet onion dressing is only 1.5 syns!

I live on Subway salads at the moment (It's round the corner from work) and they're pretty good value to be fair, today I've spent £3 on two packets of sandwich meats which I've used up in one salad!

My consultant set my group a challenge of eating 5 scan bran and drinking 5 glasses of water every day this week.

Scan Bran is a crisp bread packed full of fibre and is supposed to be great for weight loss.

How bad/good does it taste? I really love Ryvita's and wonder if they're similar. I could really do with a boost, as I haven't been great this week and am expecting a gain! Which leaves one more week to hit the month target!

I live on Subway salads at the moment (It's round the corner from work) and they're pretty good value to be fair, today I've spent £3 on two packets of sandwich meats which I've used up in one salad!

How bad/good does it taste? I really love Ryvita's and wonder if they're similar. I could really do with a boost, as I haven't been great this week and am expecting a gain! Which leaves one more week to hit the month target!

They're not as bad as you'd think. I like them with soft cheese and ham on. They are a bit more mealy than Ryvita but so filling.

Monday 18th May - Day 31

Breakfast - Coffee, banana, skinny capuccino Mullerlight, strawberries, Hifi bar

Lunch - Supposed to be butternut sqaush soup but it had gone bad so I had nothing!

Dinner - Sausage, mash, carrot, broccoli, onion gravy

Snacks - Salted Caramel Hifi Bar

Healthy Extras - A - 250ml semi skimmed milk - B1 - Salted Caramel Hifi bar

Syns - 7.5 - 6.5 sausage - 1 - gravy

My legs are so sore from my hike on Saturday so I did a Yoga for Beginners workout on Youtube.

Tuesday 19th May - Day 32 - EESP

Breakfast - Apple, pear, tangerine, strawberries, 2 slices of ham and 1 cheese triangle (1/4 hexa)

Lunch - Carrot and Coriander soup, ham and cheese salad sandwich on small wholemeal bread (3/4 hexa and 1st hexb)

Dinner - Chilli con carne with cauliflower rice, asparagus, and tender stem broccoli

Snacks - 35 Pistachios (2nd hexb)

Healthy Extras - A - 4 x Laughing Cow light blue cheese triangles - B1 - Small wholemeal bread - B2 - Pistachios

Syns - 4 - semi skimmed milk in tea

Wednesday 20th May - Day 33

Breakfast - Coffee and banana

Lunch - Subway Turkey and Ham salad with sweet onion dressing

Dinner - Chilli con carne with brown basmati rice

Snacks - Mullerlight, strawberries

Healthy Extras - A - 250ml semi skimmed milk - B - none

Syns - 1.5 - salad dressing

Back