140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

I weigh every morning too - I know we're not supposed to but I feel that it helps keep me on the straight and narrow. It would do my head in not to do it, so that's good enough for me :)

And yessss to Jessie Pavelka - he's pretty cute!

Does anyone here weigh themselves mid week to check their progress? I have to resist the urge to do it every day because I'm worried if it's not what I want I will feel demotivated.

Someone drag me out of bed please? Better still send Jessie Pavelka round to help me workout (then cuddle me after).

Nope only time I get on scales is in class - otherwise it messes with my head. But the odd time when I've had unexpected gain I have nearly cried in class :ashamed0005:

Not sure Jessie popping round would make me want to leave my bed?!

I'm with SJB only at class, but I chucked out the scales when I was moving last year so that helps a lot. I like the anticipation of finding how much I loose. Plus I won't be pushing myself harder during TOTM when apparently my weight loss is all over the place.

After this weeks weigh in I will only weigh myself once a week. I'm getting silly with it now.

Having my first test this weekend with having both girls back for a visit. They eat healthily so that's not an issue but I associate family with food and making food, which means nibbling. I won't lose my focus though and I've told them they will be out walking with me too.

Menu for yesterday was
B: Scrambled egg, slice toast
L: chicken quorn salad sandwich, yoghurt and fruit. Almonds
D: Salmon, broccoli and handful of homemade wedges. Orange.

3 miles walked.

Feel like that was quite a carby day and I feel a bit bloated this morning. Maybe it's the broccoli?

After this weeks weigh in I will only weigh myself once a week. I'm getting silly with it now.

Having my first test this weekend with having both girls back for a visit. They eat healthily so that's not an issue but I associate family with food and making food, which means nibbling. I won't lose my focus though and I've told them they will be out walking with me too.

Menu for yesterday was
B: Scrambled egg, slice toast
L: chicken quorn salad sandwich, yoghurt and fruit. Almonds
D: Salmon, broccoli and handful of homemade wedges. Orange.

3 miles walked.

Feel like that was quite a carby day and I feel a bit bloated this morning. Maybe it's the broccoli?

Morning, I spoke to my dr about feeling bloated some days and she adviced me to cut down on starchy foods and so far I can feel a difference. ..im awful when my daughter and her boyfriend come back from uni for visits I love to feed people and like you I tend to pick.wrap up well whilst out walking, dont know about where you are but here in Devon its blowing a gale, have a good weekend :)

Thanks hunnybee. I live on the fylde coast in the north west and yes the weather is awful. The wind has been so scary this winter hasn't it? Roll on spring!

Yeah, I knew I was being daft having that much bread yesterday (4 slices of nimble) after not having much at all. It's reflected on the scales too, hence the determination not to weigh myself all the time from now on.

Do you have other children at home or have they all flown the nest like mine? Them leaving for uni has definitely given me the motivation to focus on myself so there is a silver lining after all :)

Thanks hunnybee. I live on the fylde coast in the north west and yes the weather is awful. The wind has been so scary this winter hasn't it? Roll on spring!

Yeah, I knew I was being daft having that much bread yesterday (4 slices of nimble) after not having much at all. It's reflected on the scales too, hence the determination not to weigh myself all the time from now on.

Do you have other children at home or have they all flown the nest like mine? Them leaving for uni has definitely given me the motivation to focus on myself so there is a silver lining after all :)

I have one at uni, one lives with his gf,17yr old at home,14yr old at home and my step-daughter's 6yr old lives with us 5 days a week and goes to her mum 2 days a week....so no time for me yet :/ thought by having all my kids by the age of 28 would mean id be able to enjoy life when they'd all left home...but they just bring more back with them lol...I developed M.E nearly 3 yrs ago so my weight loss stopped and I gained some back...so now im trying to shed it again..and more lol

Blimey you do have your hands full! It must be really hard controlling a family alongside your M.E so it's unsurprising you let things slip a bit.
Is M.E something you can recover from or can it only be managed?

I had my twins when I was 19, which was a bit of a shock, but feel blessed it happened that way now. I'm expecting them to yo-yo backwards and forwards until they settle into their own stride but until then they seem happy enough at uni, coming back for the holidays and weekends here and there.

Hi hun Just wanted to say how well i think you are doing hun, I suffer from sever depression, anxiety PND and psychosis :( BUt also social anxiety too so know how scary it is to go out, I wont go out unless I am with someone. You are doing sooo well. Like your meals too hun. Keep warm its sooo cold. xxx

Blimey you do have your hands full! It must be really hard controlling a family alongside your M.E so it's unsurprising you let things slip a bit.
Is M.E something you can recover from or can it only be managed?

I had my twins when I was 19, which was a bit of a shock, but feel blessed it happened that way now. I'm expecting them to yo-yo backwards and forwards until they settle into their own stride but until then they seem happy enough at uni, coming back for the holidays and weekends here and there.

I know people who have recovered from M.E but the only way to manage it is to pace yourself and look after yourself. ..or in my case keep going until I crash lol...I miss my eldest with her being at uni and because shes 7hrs away I cant visit her and its really expensive for her to come home apart from holidays.i had her when I was 21 and 11months later I had baby no.2 then 3yrs later no.3 then 3yrs after that no.4 and then found myself a single parent of 4 under 8yrs old lol :)

Thanks Jules! I had severe depression in 2009/2010 and my anxiety started then. I now make it out of bed each day so my depression is nowhere near as bad as it was but still have underlying issues. Do you go for counselling or any other talking therapies? I had CMH come to help me leave the house at one point but I kept cancelling the appointments because I was a wreck thinking about them coming for the whole week before.
You've been doing great with your weight loss so far, let's hope 2015 is a positive year for both of us xx

7 hours away?! Is she up north? It's horrible saying goodbye to them - is she enjoying it?
Luckily my two are 1 hour away in opposite directions and one of the has a bus directly from door to door, which is handy!

Thanks Jules! I had severe depression in 2009/2010 and my anxiety started then. I now make it out of bed each day so my depression is nowhere near as bad as it was but still have underlying issues. Do you go for counselling or any other talking therapies? I had CMH come to help me leave the house at one point but I kept cancelling the appointments because I was a wreck thinking about them coming for the whole week before.
You've been doing great with your weight loss so far, let's hope 2015 is a positive year for both of us xx
Thansk hun, yep I hope this year is better I have been hospitalized due to severe depression and psychosis in the last 2 years :( so its been hard going. I have to get out of bed for my 2 year old, but thats the only reason i get up...that and hubby :) I have done counselling, cbt EMDR, group therapy, seen psychologists beginning to think I am a lost cause. Am on loads of meds :( which dont help the weight loss and why my loss is slow I think but I keep plodding along. I am sorry having the CMH team coming has been so hard for you. baby step like someone else said is the way forward. take care hun . HUGS xxx

7 hours away?! Is she up north? It's horrible saying goodbye to them - is she enjoying it?
Luckily my two are 1 hour away in opposite directions and one of the has a bus directly from door to door, which is handy!

Shes up in north wales and im down in Exeter :-( she loves uni soooo much...I wish she was only 1 hr away...I have a surprise for her this week, shes such a good girl eating healthy, I never have to worry about her in thay way. So ive ordered an online shop from asda for her and her boyfriend. It has her favourite coffee, biscuits and sweets in it :)

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time, Jules.
Despite the medication you are doing really well with your weight loss which is brilliant. You're certainly not a lost cause! All we can do it try to keep moving forward and prepare for any bumps along the way x hugs to you too xx

She will love you for that! I've used the Asda delivery a few times towards the end of last term, but because they are penniless, not because I'm giving them a treat! Money management is something one of them has to work on :)

Good to hear she is enjoying it, makes it less stressful if you know they are happy. Let's hope it stays that way for us both!

3lbs loss for me this week. Annoyed because midweek this number said 6lbs! Oh well, it's made me more determined NOT to step on the scales midweek from now on.

My eating has been on track and I've been exercising 1 hour per day.
Someone mentioned the book 'Eating Less' in a thread and I immediately went to buy it. It looks great. I'm an avid reader so if I can read something that will help me address my food addiction that will be great.

Yesterday food:

B - scrambled Eggs, 2xtoast
L - tuna salad, ryvitas, nuts, orange
D- Chicken wrapped in bacon with bbq sauce, homemade wedges, beetroot salad. Pear, yoghurt.
2l water.

3lbs loss for me this week. Annoyed because midweek this number said 6lbs! Oh well, it's made me more determined NOT to step on the scales midweek from now on.

My eating has been on track and I've been exercising 1 hour per day.
Someone mentioned the book 'Eating Less' in a thread and I immediately went to buy it. It looks great. I'm an avid reader so if I can read something that will help me address my food addiction that will be great.

Yesterday food:

B - scrambled Eggs, 2xtoast
L - tuna salad, ryvitas, nuts, orange
D- Chicken wrapped in bacon with bbq sauce, homemade wedges, beetroot salad. Pear, yoghurt.
2l water.

Well done! Thats a great loss (completely with you on the 'stop the midweek weigh')..I downloaded the 'waterbalance' app this week and its great, I realised I drink way too much coffee and now ive increased my water intake...my daughter is really good at money management and eating healthy...she obviously learnt from my mistakes lol

Back