30 Day Shred :)

day 2 done!

Its an intense 20 minute workout by jillian michaels from biggest loser, its short bursts of strength, cardio and ab workouts, you do it for 10 days each level, it works wonders if you stick to it, last time I did it I lost over 7 inches and a dress size in 9 days, I wish id kept going to see what else I could have lost

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ohhhhh sounds good! Is it on youtube?

Ohhhhh sounds good! Is it on youtube?

Level 1 is on youtube and the other 2 levels are somewhere on the net but the dvd is only a fiver and well worth it but you can always start with youtube while you wait for the dvd if you decide to order, I use youtube atm as I lost my dvd when we had the house decorated, also you can use tins of beans for the first two levels instead of weights or you can usually pick up some decent priced weights on the net or from a sports direct, I think with level 3 you need something stronger than beans as I think you lean on them with one of the workouts

Level 1 is on youtube and the other 2 levels are somewhere on the net but the dvd is only a fiver and well worth it but you can always start with youtube while you wait for the dvd if you decide to order, I use youtube atm as I lost my dvd when we had the house decorated, also you can use tins of beans for the first two levels instead of weights or you can usually pick up some decent priced weights on the net or from a sports direct, I think with level 3 you need something stronger than beans as I think you lean on them with one of the workouts

Love your sig! x

And what a great first post it was!! Welcome!! You doing it 30 days in a row or mixing it up with some rest days? x
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be trying to do it all in 30 days but we'll see. Level two might change my mind. I hear talk of planks... :eek:

I just got Day 5 of Level 1 done. Today I ate dinner before rather than after so it took a little while to talk myself into it. But I finally got on with it.

Well I'm still cracking on - I'm day 11 today & level 2 is Killing me :(
It's so much more abdominal crunches, sit ups press ups planks - I do not like it!!
I may have to go my own style now & start mixing it up for level 1 & 2 as I fear I may not continue with level 2 - I've lost my motivation for it as I really disliked it ! Xx

Me too, I'm gonna have to pinch this idea!

Its the only way I can keep track properly as I have break days and sometimes a whole weekend break when I go visit family

Got L1 D6 done last night. I usually do a very feeble take on the knee push ups because if I go down too far I know I won't be able to push back up, but last night I amazed myself by how deep I was able to go down. I love witnessing the change. Maybe some day I won't need the knees!

Today will be L1 D7 but it's still earlyish over here.

I must confess I am a serial weigher and I knew that with this program I wouldn't see the typical kinds of losses on the scale due to muscle changes, and I am very much the type of person to sabotage myself if I don't see the numbers I want to see, so of course this morning I was like WHYYYY and being silly about it. But I pulled out the measuring tape and only 6 days of this has made subtle but impressive changes. Good stuff.

I've tried to do the 30 day shred twice before. I think the most I have got to was day 12 and I HATED level 2.
But I did L1 D1 again today, so we shall see....

That's me finished Level 1 and still keeping on track. I'm dreading Level 2 but we'll see how it goes.

First day of Level 2. Absolute horror. There was a moment or two where I did exclaim "OH GOD SHUT UP WOMAN!" at the TV.

Love that feeling after getting it done.

Back