30 Day Shred :)

Ladies - I have been rubbish this week!!

Only done 30DS once and C25K once too - a mid-week trip to Manchester has thrown me off and I've blisters on both feet :(

Doing 30DS tonight and tomorrow morning - for sure!

Bring on the pain!!
Will be back to check on you later ;)

Morning, how's everyone else getting on?

I completed day 6 of level 1 this morning, really didn't want to get out of bed as had a really bad nights sleep but I did, keep consoling myself that it's the weekend tomorrow!

Was a bit disheartened at weigh in last night as I put on half a pound despite exercising and following the diet 100% but I'm hoping it could be water retention in my muscles and that I will eventually get a whoosh of weight loss on the scales.

I know I've gotten smaller as I measured my inches on Saturday and again yesterday morning and I've lost 4 so far, none off my thighs tho :( but I think I'm gonna post em up at day 10 to see a comparison and progress :)
Don't be disheartened by WI - inch loss is way better - and as you get more muscle you raise your basic metabolic rate which means you use more calories but might weigh the same, eventually the scales will do their thing. You'll end up lean and fit rather than skinny flabby.
Oh and it took ages before I lost off my thighs - seemed to strip everywhere else first! It's mostly my thighs I need to loose from, so that's why I've joined a couch to 5k programme.

Ladies - I have been rubbish this week!!

Only done 30DS once and C25K once too - a mid-week trip to Manchester has thrown me off and I've blisters on both feet :(

Doing 30DS tonight and tomorrow morning - for sure!

Bring on the pain!!

Come on Mrs - waiting for your I shredded post!

Come on Mrs - waiting for your I shredded post!

Hahaha! I was sitting comfortable on my sofa beginning to watch eastenders when I seem your post so never one to turn down a challenge, I LEAPT up off the sofa, got changed and charged through 30DS - I am DONE!! :D

You are my personal motivator! :) x

Hahaha! I was sitting comfortable on my sofa beginning to watch eastenders when I seem your post so never one to turn down a challenge, I LEAPT up off the sofa, got changed and charged through 30DS - I am DONE!! :D

You are my personal motivator! :) x

Good woman. Tis too hot to shred today but once I've done mine later I will be back to harangue you ;) Enjoy the sunshine.

Hi there! Sorry for my naivity but was is this 30 day shred? I've heard a few people mention it and say how good it is but not really sure what it involves?

Hi there! Sorry for my naivity but was is this 30 day shred? I've heard a few people mention it and say how good it is but not really sure what it involves?
If you look up 30 day shred on You tube you will find links to all the vids - there are 3 levels I think, you do 10 days of each. I'm on day5 of level 1. If you google image 30 day shred you'll also see some amazing befpre and after pics.
It's by Gillian Michels - she's the trainer on the US biggest loser.

Not shredded today as my knee has been really hurting, I tore the ligament and cartalidge 15 years ago and whilst they've sorted the ligament I'm still left with hardly any cartalidge left and arthritis in that knee which leads to pain sometimes

It's annoying as need to exercise to strengthen the surrounding muscle but at the same time exercise aggravates it and if I go to the docs they will just tell me to lose weight...

I'm going to join in this challenge with you all too! I've just watched through level 1 to get a feel of what you need to do and I'm feeling pleasantly optimistic about the month ahead :)

I only have one quick query...

Do you basically repeat level 1 for 10 days and then level 2 for 10 days, and so on and so forth?

We can all do this!! :)

I'm going to join in this challenge with you all too! I've just watched through level 1 to get a feel of what you need to do and I'm feeling pleasantly optimistic about the month ahead :)

I only have one quick query...

Do you basically repeat level 1 for 10 days and then level 2 for 10 days, and so on and so forth?

We can all do this!! :)
That's how I am doing it - did day 7 this evening.

Wow, what can I say! Just completed day 1 of level 1 and that was so intense. I most definitely underestimated just what was expected of me...

However I am determined to persevere with it and hopefully "no pain no gain" will be the case here!

Well done Helen :)

I did day 3 Level 2 today, at this rate Im looking at 60 Day Shred but ill get there :) X

Well after two days off I have completed day 7!!

I upped my weights from 0.5kg to 1kg and boy could I feel the difference and I was struggling with some of the moves at the end but I did need to move up cos was finding it too easy with the lower weight and not working my body as hard as I could be. I also managed to up my cardio but I still can't manage a bloody push up!

Day 8 done and dusted!!

Is anyone else struggling as much as I am with this? It's been two days since I did day 1 of level 1 and I'm still aching a lot from it.

This is something that I can't get my head round at all because the exercises on the workout are nothing different to ones that I have done before, but the effects of them this time have just left me stumped.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get back in to it? I'm gutted because I was so enthused about doing the challenge :(

Hey Helen

I spend a lot of time walking like an old lady nowadays lol I would def recommend adding on a lot of stretches at the end and maybe before starting as well. Sometimes I find I need 2 rest days as well xx

Day 4 level 2 done!

I started 30DS last night. Sore today. Not as sore as I thought I would be though. Think i'll feel it tomorrow.

I've got my sisters hen night on 13th July. Planning on shredding everyday until then. Took measurements and before pics, so hopefully I can report some good changes.

I started 30DS last night. Sore today. Not as sore as I thought I would be though. Think i'll feel it tomorrow.

I've got my sisters hen night on 13th July. Planning on shredding everyday until then. Took measurements and before pics, so hopefully I can report some good changes.

Im starting today and my goal is my graduation on 12th July! Obviously it'll be a 28/29 day shred but ill do the other days after haha :) also upping my water intake too, I'm a bugger for not drinking enough! Measurements and before pics will be taken in a mo haha good luck everyone! Xxxx

Back