40 something food diary

Sunday Nov 3rd

Breakfast
40g All Bran (HEB) with a sliced banana and skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch
Home made pasta soup (pasta, sweetcorn, peppers & onion with chicken stock cube)

Dinner
Roast chicken dinner
(Roast chicken breast-no skin, SW roast potatoes, carrot&swede mash, broccoli & cauliflower)
Aunt Bessies Gravy for chicken 100ml (1 Syn)

Snacks
Mullerlight Turkish Delight yoghurt

Hi Tiger-Lilly,

Apart from my Philips Airfryer, this has got to be the best purchase I have ever made for the kitchen. If you have satellite/cable t.v., check the shopping channels out, you will always find them there. They are non-stick pans, which look like granite. They are very non-stick that you do not need ANY oil (even frylight) when cooking. This includes "frying" an egg. You only have to crack the egg in the pan and put the lid on. The steam generated cooks the top of the egg. Omelletes are to die for. They clean exeptionally easily too, just a wipe with a cloth and nothing sticks. They are fab, as there is no oil aftertaste in any of your food, just the way the food should taste.

Listen to me, I should be a sales rep for Stonewell! Rant over :D

Hahaha you'll be a good sales rep. I'm flipping channela as we speak. Thanks :D
I'm all excited now!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sunday Nov 3rd

Breakfast
40g All Bran (HEB) with a sliced banana and skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch
Home made pasta soup (pasta, sweetcorn, peppers & onion with chicken stock cube)

Dinner
Roast chicken dinner
(Roast chicken breast-no skin, SW roast potatoes, carrot&swede mash, broccoli & cauliflower)
Aunt Bessies Gravy for chicken 100ml (1 Syn)

Snacks
Mullerlight Turkish Delight yoghurt

No problwm getting your superfree in there. Well done :thumbup:

Monday Nov 4th

Breakfast
2 egg omelette with 2 mini babybel light (HEA) and bacon
1 banana

Lunch
WM roll (HEB) filled with tuna, salad, cucumber & tomato

Dinner
Special Fried rice
remainder of last nights chicken, fried in frylight and chinese 5 spice along with 1 gammon steak cut into small strips, spring onions and baby mushrooms
long grain rice steamed and fried in 1 teaspoon stir fry oil (2 syns) with 1 egg added. Mix everything together.

Snacks
Few Syn Free Turkish Delights (courtesy of Bilsat)
Mullerlight Greek style lemon yoghurt (0.5 Syns)

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. I love the wm rolls. Run out in freezer so having 2 extra bread today with corned beef. It was for a hash, maybe next time.

I have seen those pans on the tv shopping channel. Are they heavy? Have dodgy bits on both hands so heavt is out for me.

Doreen

Sounds good to me. I love the wm rolls. Run out in freezer so having 2 extra bread today with corned beef. It was for a hash, maybe next time.

I have seen those pans on the tv shopping channel. Are they heavy? Have dodgy bits on both hands so heavt is out for me.

Doreen

Hey Doreen,

I don't think they are that heavy, no heavier than any other frying pan. I have a cast iron griddle pan which I cannot lift at all, so in comparison, I think these pans are quite light really.

Tuesday Nov 5th

Breakfast
2 fried eggs, dry fried in stonewell pan
1 WM roll (HEB)
Mullerlight Greek style lemon yoghurt (0.5 Syns)

Lunch
Home made lentil soup

Dinner
Turkey breast steaks
Bisto Chicken Gravy 100ml (1 Syn)
SW chips made in airfryer with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil (2 syns)
roasted carrot, parsnip & red onion
Another Mullerlight Greek style lemon yoghurt (0.5 Syns)

Snacks
1 Banana

Last edited:
Wednesday Nov 6th

Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled with a splash of skimmed milk (HEA)
potato cubes done in airfryer
2 small tomatoes
Mullerlight Cherry yoghurt

Lunch
WM Roll (HEB)
1 Bird's Eye Peri Peri Chicken Chargrill (3.5 syns)
Salad leaves
sliced tomato

Dinner
Home made chilli (using a tin of baked beans instead of kidney beans)
Steamed long grain rice

Snacks
2 cups of tea with skimmed milk (HEA)
1 mini Babybel light (HEA)
4 captain morgans spiced rum & diet coke (16 Syns)

Over on my Syns today, but have been under all week, so allowing for a few extra Syns today.

Last edited:
Thursday Nov 7th

Breakfast
Cheese & tomato toastie: 2 WM sliced bread (HEB), 40g Kerry Low Low cheese, sliced tomato toasted in a toastie bag in toaster.
1 banana
1 apple

Lunch
Home made lentil soup
mullerlight strawberry yoghurt

Dinner
Salmon fillets
tinned new potatoes in water (which were absolutely bowfing!)
broccoli

Snacks
muller pineapple & peach yoghurt

Last edited:
Wednesday Nov 6th

Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled with a splash of skimmed milk (HEA)
potato cubes done in airfryer
2 small tomatoes
Mullerlight Cherry yoghurt

Lunch
WM Roll (HEB)
1 Bird's Eye Peri Peri Chicken Chargrill (3.5 syns)
Salad leaves
sliced tomato

Dinner
Home made chilli (using a tin of baked beans instead of kidney beans)
Steamed long grain rice

Snacks
2 cups of tea with skimmed milk (HEA)
1 mini Babybel light (HEA)
4 captain morgans spiced rum & diet coke (16 Syns)

Over on my Syns today, but have been under all week, so allowing for a few extra Syns today.

What plan was this? If it was green your missing your 2nd heb choice.

Morning Jayne, Your food look good. I seem to eat a lot more during the day than a lot of diaries on here, I reckon I still must be eating too much. Do you put down all that you eat? I seem to have loads more fruit. yogurts and snacks. Must rein in it a bit I guess.

Hi your food sounds yummy hun. Going to goggle them pans xxx

Morning Jayne, Your food look good. I seem to eat a lot more during the day than a lot of diaries on here, I reckon I still must be eating too much. Do you put down all that you eat? I seem to have loads more fruit. yogurts and snacks. Must rein in it a bit I guess.

Hi Doreen,

I think I read somewhere on one of these posts that if you are snacking frequently during the day, then you maybe need to up your SF foods at each meal time. Whether that is true or not, I'm not sure. I find that if I have cereal for breakfast, I tend to feel more hungry during the day, so I tend to try and make something more substantial to keep me going until lunchtime. I'm not really a good fruit eater, as I find it quite a chore to eat.

Surely if it is free and super free foods that you are snacking on, it shouldn't matter how much you consume throughout the day? Do you have a food diary I could take a peek at?

Think i may look into getting one after xmas. If i eat cereal i am starving by 11am too-glad its not just me! xxx

Friday Nov 8th

Breakfast
40g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) and
1 sliced banana
2 clementine

Lunch
Home made salmon fishcakes: leftover salmon from last night mixed with frozen mashed potato (2 Syns) and some dried parsley, 'fried' in airfryer
chopped cucumber, tomato, red onion & peppers
this was extremely tasty, even if I say so myself! :)

Dinner
SW chips; cooked in airfryer with 1 teaspoon of oil (2 Syns)
Chicken piri piri (chicken breast marinated in peri peri spice mix) cooked on George Foreman grill
rest of chopped cucumber, tomato, red onion & peppers
roasted tomato

Snacks
Oooohhh, I've just found a reference to variable Syns. I didn't think this was possible, so.............
4 spiced rum & diet coke: well, it is the start to the weeked (16 Syns)

Last edited:
Saturday Nov 9th

Breakfast
Cheese & Onion omelete using 2 mini babybel light (HEA)
2 WM sliced bread toasted (HEB)
tinned plum tomatoes

Lunch
Didn't have any, still stuffed from breakfast

Dinner
SW chips cooked in airfryer with 1 teaspoon of oil (2 syns)
Smoked Haddock

Snacks
4 Captain Morgan spiced rum & diet coke (16 syns)

Last edited:
Back