5:2ing. Ruth's Journey!

Aww lovely pic, I really like your dress where is it from!? When did you move? I moved from Liverpool to London in October and still sorting things out for the flat hehe x

It's from Primark :) I moved on Friday 16th Jan :) still in Harrogate just from a tiny one up two down to a massive ground floor flat! It's great!!
Ooh that sounds exciting I love London!!

Subscribing! Looks like we're around the same weight and age, I'm starting the 5:2 diet tomorrow. You are doing amazing, I have been reading your diary for tips and it looks lovely x

Hello there! Oh that's fab good luck! Thanks for the well wishes I'm sure you will do really well! Are you starting or do you have a diary? Currently on the app so can't see!!
The 5:2 is fab. Can't believe how easy it is to fit into your life and not many changes need to be made! Plus you can do it on a budget!!

In love with your dress :)

Aww thanks! Have to wear it with leggings at the minute but when I've lost a bit more I will start with rights. So comfy and little front pockets too!!

Ruth
X

Well tonight's dinner was yum!!

2 Cod Pieces, homemade parsnip and carrot mash (made him use light olivio to make it too hee hee) and 30g of cathedral city light. Then had 1 Tbsp Hellmanns Light too!

Then pudding was even better. Pear and 0% fat Greek Yogurt with honey!!!

Yum yum :)

Ruth
X

Attachments

• 1422216586080.jpg
    1422216586080.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1422216725461.jpg
    1422216725461.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 53
Today:

2x Americano Black Coffee = 8

Uncle Bens Cantonese Sauce 1/2 = 195
Red Cabbage = 28
1/2 Red Onion = 16
Red Pepper = 44
Chicken Breast = 138
Liberte 0% Fat Blueberry Yogurt = 81
Sparkling BlackBerry & Elderflower Water = 20

2x Youngs Cod Fillets = 182
Carrot = 19
Parsnip = 18
Olivio 1 tsp = 25
30g Cathedral City Light = 78
1 pear = 47
200ml 0% Greek Yogurt = 104
4 tsps Honey = 108

=1111.

I am starting to worry a bit. Should I force myself to eat?

Currently having some peach water in bed :) so another 12 to go on that. Thinking of trying to bulk my meals out! I think the issue with me with this is that I do eat well, these are foods I normally eat I have just cut out cheese and biscuits, stopped skipping meals and have less sauces/condiments and dressings (oh and I used to drink 3-4 litres of full sugar coke a day!!) However on the eating front it's pretty much the same. More veg? Or eat a couple of naughty things? Just worrying about low numbers :/

I have also picked an interim target of 12 stone and see how it goes. Everyone seems to think that 11 is too low for my build! We will see :)

Ruth
X

Today:

100g 0% Fat Greek Yogurt = 52
Honey = 49

1/5 Pack Asda Wafer thin Ham = 45
1/4 Pack crunchy salad = 8
2 mushrooms = 15
2 sticks celery = 10
Raspberry Jelly = 9
2x mini satsumas = 20
1x pear = 47

Carrot & Parsnip Mash = 37
Roasted veg (TBC)

= 292/500 so I can have some yummy roasted veg tonight!!

Ruth
X

Last edited:
Food looks good Ruth! Hope you have a good day :)

Thanks very much! Not getting as hungry as I did on my fasting days last week which is great! Yum yum!

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

Today:

100g 0% Fat Greek Yogurt = 52
Honey = 49

1/5 Pack Asda Wafer thin Ham = 45
1/4 Pack crunchy salad = 8
2 mushrooms = 15
2 sticks celery = 10
Raspberry Jelly = 9
2x mini satsumas = 20

Carrot & Parsnip Mash = 37
Roasted veg:
Red Onion = 7
Cabbage = 14
Pepper = 15
Asda Jalfrezi Curry Sauce = 168
Pear = 47

= 485/500

Ruth
X

Yum!!!

Attachments

• 1422299123792.jpg
    1422299123792.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 57
Oh my god that's massive, I definitely need to plan better on a fast day. I had a fillet of salmon for 300 calories ? x

It's not as big as it looks! Haha my OH works in a manual labour post so eats a lot (usually huge wok fulls of veg and protein) there's no mash underneath its just round the outside! There's literally just veg in it too. Nothing to bind it, doesn't need it. Curry Sauce and mixed veg was lovely :)

Definitely having again. Very filling :)

Yum I love salmon! Have you seen the youngs frozen ones? Better calorie wise and keep for longer! :)

Ruth
x

This is the Rogan Josh Asda Sauce! Great for 54, calories! Think that these with a chicken breast are a great find!

Attachments

• 1422312140176.jpg
    1422312140176.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 45
Morning Ruth I'm egar to see your loss on Friday. I will start a diary on Saturday , I so can't wait now. Xx

Morning Ruth I'm egar to see your loss on Friday. I will start a diary on Saturday , I so can't wait now. Xx

Morning Honey J!

Hope you're well :) diaries are great because they make you think and keep you in control!

I'm intrigued too, certainly feel tonnes better. Have been hit with * week so that's a bit rubbish but it's all good! Just need to drink lots as I have terrible water retention :/

How are you? Is your week ok?

Ruth
x

In a long meeting today so not much chance to eat:

Breakfast:
Crumpets x4 = 412
4 tsps Clover light = 46
100ml 0% Milk = 40
Black Coffee = 4

Macaroni Cheese Mug shot = 259
2x Pears = 94
2x Satsuma mini = 20
Liberte Blueberry 0% = 81

= 956 so far!

Looking at szechuan chicken stir fry for tea!

Ruth
X

Wow Ruth your tea looks great for yesterday! Will have to get myself some of that sauce. Love having flavourful spicy food on a fasting day, makes you feel like you've had something really satisfying!

How rude of * week to arrive lol, still a few days before WI so I'm sure if you drink lots of water will be okay. Have a good day! X

Wow Ruth your tea looks great for yesterday! Will have to get myself some of that sauce. Love having flavourful spicy food on a fasting day, makes you feel like you've had something really satisfying!

How rude of * week to arrive lol, still a few days before WI so I'm sure if you drink lots of water will be okay. Have a good day! X

Thanks very much it was great!!
Ugh * week is making me feel so sluggish drinking what I can eek! Looking forward to my dinner later on :)

Ruth
x

Bit of a change of plan, still on plan though!
Went to see my friend who has just had a baby :) had a couple of slices of pizza at 322 cals for half a pizza! Sheesh! Aah well it was lovely :) and a one off!!

Been bought a kinder bueno by someone at work... It's Sat in my cupboard and I'm thinking about it. Food is all planned for my fast day tomorrow and all planned for Thursday too. Just don't want to feel too guilty!

I'm going to be well under if I don't either way!

Ruth
X

Back