8st to lose and still be overweight

Hi Matt.
Maybe you needed a cold message from your Doctor to kick you into starting your "Diet"!
When my Doctor told me that I would be dead if I didn't loose weight very soon it does tend to kick you into gear! I had had 2 strokes, high blood pressure, T2 diabetic & all the usual problems that it brings, now having lost all my weight My blood pressure is normal, my T2 status has gone and all readings from my 6 monthly tests are for a normal person and the Doctor is very pleased....
I feel a lot better, all aches have gone, no more breathlessness and I can ride my bike for hours without running out of breath.
Please take his/her comments as the start to a new you!
Pete

Hi Bilsat, I suppose your right, it's just he was so shockingly rude I don't actually want him to have any credit for how I'm going to end up. Your doc was giving you sound advice,and well done for heeding it I'd love to be in your situation, and fingers crossed I will be in a year or so ;)

Well what can I say, the gods have smiled on me this week, I broke through my 2st I reached my 10% club and was slimmer of the week for the third time and I lost 5 1/2lbs what a fantastic week thanks once again SW

I agree. I joined SW in November after getting fed up with not fitting into seats in my lecture halls and not being able to go shopping with my friends because I couldn't fit into any clothes in the shops they went into. And I haven't looked back. 3stone down and plenty more to go. But I went shopping last week with my friends and managed to try on a pair of trousers 3 dress sizes smaller than when I started and they fit. I was so happy I teared up in the middle of the shop! Best motivation ever when you start noticing the difference. Good luck!

nippie nina thats great well done know wot you mean about clothes i was size 30 when i started out im now a size 26 bottom and 22/24 top i have a long way to go yet but im just chuffed to have come this far so good luck on your journey

hi caretaker
its arrived and i love my apple core thanks again chuck and well done on your loss bloody great xx

:clap: Fabulous loss, Caretaker, you are doing so brilliantly! :)

And like Chezz, my apple corer arrived yesterday, can see apple slices and Muller Light greek yogurt becoming an all time snack favourite :)

Well I'm really pleased with the way this is going, 4lbs more off this week :) Onward & Downward

Wow 9 weeks consistently losing, that is fabulous!

Had my apple corer-sliced pieces yesterday, with the greek yogurt - delicious! :)

caretaker that is fabulous well done

Thanks people, so far it's been a real joy to do, and I have to say I have been 100% since the start, and I have to say I'm really proud of that I probably need to start being a bit more adventurous with my meals soon (not that there's any problems with what I'm doing) that family seem to love the meals as much as me :) I'm cutting back on the huge amount of coffee I have been drinking and have replaced it with water and I think that's helped my last 2 losses so I'm going for it this week and seeing I can keep the good losses going Onward & Downward

caretaker
you have done great well done to you on your journey least you have found a diet you like and can stick to so good on you im like you thinking i should change some of meals then i think no long as we like them why change it at the moment but i am going to look at different breakfast ideas and start getting back to my exercise but good luck you doing great xxxx

[h=5]Well, tomorrow comes ever nearer, I think i have had a farely good week on the Slimming World "Life style change" ..................I didn't say the D word :) once again this week i received an insult from a work colleague mind you she has been incredibly rude to my face before but, there you are plodding along not hurting anyone and BOOM! But it's people like that who make hurtful comments, like she does, that now inspires me to do this, where as before i'd have probably crumbled, i now think RIGHT I'LL SHOW YOU!! and I will!
Onward & Downward people ;)
[/h]

Hi Matt.
Well done on doing so well :)
Some people are just sour faced trollops and feel the need to make everyone else miserable like they are. I am glad you are staying strong through it all.

sour faced trollop.

Couldn't have put it better myself! That work person is just trying to deflect on other people to cover up for her own sad life.

So proud of you for just letting it wash over you and focusing on your own fabulous future! xxx

Thanks people, ch3rrie do you know who I'm talking about? You have described her to a tee, :) her and people like her will just make me more determined ;) it's WI tonight so fingers crossed

Well not the biggest loss I have ever had but very respectable none the less 2.5lbs that's 39lbs in 11 wks ;) Onward & Downward

Back