90 Day SSS Plan

Are you running on rest days or exercise days? It might be worth emailing for advice on these...

Two things I did pick up from the coaches:

- if you're doing alternative exercise on an exercise day, make sure you do weights before cardio.

- if you're running less than 10k you don't need to alter nutrition. If you run over 10k have a carb meal after. For runs over 10 miles have carb meal 2.5 hrs before and 60-90 mins after

Hope that helps :)

Cheers hun, I've not asked regarding cycle 2 to be honest. But most of my runs are less then 10k at the minute as not training for anything further than 10k until later in the year. At the minute I'm running first thing in a morning where I can and then going to the gym and doing my HIIT on the bike with my weights as usual. Lol, don't get my wrong, I'm knackered by the end of it. Especially when it's been a parkrun or race!!

I'm modifying the exercise program too as I can't get to a gym and I have other weights workouts I prefer. I reckon as long as I'm doing the same body area and combining it with HIIT ill be fine :)

Had no bloating yet in cycle two which has surprised me!

Absolutely dying!! No one told me 10k's could be hilly

Lol! How was your time?

I saw you're contemplating Paris Marathon...I did it in 2013. It was AMAZING! Don't hesitate! Sign up! I'm tempted to sign up again myself.

I haven't run for a while (excluding hill sprints for HIIT) but my friends are signing up for a half in July and I really want to join them! I don't have to start training until the start of cycle 3, so I've emailed my coach for advice.

I managed 59 mins, not a on but the course had so many hills and steps in it?!!? I was glad to get round it.

I am entering the ballot for Paris this week. My theory is... It's affordable and a place I've never been to and somewhere I would like to see.

I was thinking of entering London... But I can go to London anytime realistically...

Enter the ballot for London when it comes up as well. ..it's so hard to get a place, if by some miracle you do manage it, you can defer it til the following year....

True!! Maybe I'll do that. Official time is 59.07!!!

Couldn't manage that time on a flat course at the mo..well done you!

I've entered London every year for five years with no success. Will keep on trying though!

No idea what day I'm on. Going to do an extra week on this cycle as I messed up over easter and have had a few treats here and there.

Food today started with a sausage bagel, red thai curry for lunch and no idea what I'm on for tea.

Doing legs tonight. Going to need to do my HIIT on the bike as my foot is messed up again after yesterdays run. It looks like its a bruised heel, which means a good few weeks of rest again for me :( On the bright side, I'm looking forward to the future and marathons in general, and have my heart set on running a marathon in the spring next year. I've started a blog too so I can monitor my journey, and training etc.

Is your blog open to us or more of a private thing?
what's your hiit bike training? I'm off the running too with a bad foot so feel for you!

the link is on my ig. Bike I do 30 seconds fast high level, and 30 seconds slow low level for 10 minutes,then my weights and then started again.

the link is on my ig. Bike I do 30 seconds fast high level, and 30 seconds slow low level for 10 minutes,then my weights and then started again.

I may try this tomorrow. ..I was doing the first 20seconds fast and the other 40 slow for ten mins and that was hard!

Yuck...injury :( when you do get back to running, I emailed my coach about training for a half (won't start til cycle 3) and this is what she said...

"You can use runs as your HIIT if you like but do try and keep this to just twice a week. In cycle 1 if you are running under 10km you will be fine to use this as HIIT and just have your refuel meal as normal after. If you are running over 10k, then you would need a refuel meal 2 1/2 hours before you run and again 60-90 mins after you get back with a low carb meal as well that day.

In cycle 2, you will be eating carbs all day on training days so you can use the runs as your HIIT again but eat as per the plan. You will need to ensure you do both rounds of weights first though.

Cycle 3 goes back to carbs just after you train, so again do your weights first and then your runs after with the same meal structure for under and over 10km as per cycle 1)

Also just a heads up, cycle 3 is tough, you don't want to over stretch yourself!"

Just thought I'd share :)

Thanks for that. I'm gonna be out of action running wise for a few weeks. And already regretting not putting my trainers on today.

I do have a few races I'm planning to enter this year and start of next year, so I'm hoping to be back running sooner rather than later.

Had lizis granola today for the first time. Delicious!!!

I love lizis! Have it every rest day now! I know only once a week is best but if that's the worst of my sins, sue me!

Well I'm officially signed up for the 2016 Paris marathon!!!! It doesn't seem real at the moment and some even better news, my sister is signed up too!!!!!! So at least I'll have someone to go through the training with. Maybe not train together too often but it'll be better than having no one.

Food wise today started so well! Then I went to a supposedly meeting which had been cancelled so ended up at McDonald's for lunch... Ooops!!!! So I'm thinking I best get to the gym soon and work my chicken wrap and fries off!!!!! Even though all I want to do is go into tesco after and buy myself a celebration marathon signing up cupcake lol

Back