A fresh Start

By the way do you do a food week? X Does anyone on minimins do the food week? Ive heard no one mention it x

I did food week in week 4, it didn't go well (had a run in with a muffin for a start) then I've really struggled this past 2 weeks. I have been adding the occasional egg or bit of chicken so I think I'll give it a miss for now, I'll be taking 2 days off at Christmas, and I'll maybe start doing food week in the new year x

Just had a mushroom soup. They really are like flem arent they!! Oh well at least the soups fill you up nicely x

Lol, think I'll avoid that pack then :eek:.

Have a good day x

Well done on your loss and your great first week. I don't do food week, I just tend to add the odd egg, chicken or cheese here and there, although I am trying to be 100% until Christmas. I quite like the sausage pack, although I do think a scrambled egg makes them nicer.

I'm struggling the same with the whole lack of sleep thing hon.
Lost 6lbs for 1st week so good start as am in day 9 today.
I don't tend to do a food week but do add a slice of ham/chicken/turkey to my carbonara sometimes and if I really feel the need to actually chew something I have a stash of babybels.
I also always have my tea and coffee with milk and this has never really been much of a problem with my losses as have tried it with and without milk to see of it made a difference.

Hope you have a good day today xx

Blimey I feel like I have had a real treat.. I have eaten a bar in one sitting rather than split in two or three.. LOL xx
ha is nice when you actually get to eat a full bar in one.
I'm feeling a bit better today although now not due back to work till mon so going to have to keep myself busy for the rest of the week.
Christmas shopping tomorrow, visit Santa and meal out with family (I'll be drinking a coffee and watching them eat), pamper day booked for thurs including lunch so will have to pass on the food :(
Putting Xmas decs up fri (gonna be hard as usually do this whilst a tipple of baileys) then kids home for weekend so sure they will keep me busy!
Roll on mon lol x

Defo good to have a plan hon. Struggling to just get through this eve really don't like to drink too much water this time of the eve else I'll be up all night for toilet runs!
Depending on how I am after op am hoping to continue on ts and have 24- new year off. Then back on till 22 jan as am off to Prague for a mini break.
Gosh Decembers going to be hard!! Xx

Hey hon

Didn't really get much today as found nothing inspiring so will prob have to stick to online shopping.
Yes am due to have a hiatus hernia op next wed, not looking forward to it either. 1 cause I don't really like hospitals and 2 cause I seem to have developed a bad reaction to most painkillers other than paracetamol!

Aw I also hide out in my bedroom to stop me sniffing around the kitchen especially if I'm on my own for the eve lol

Really bad day diet wise for me, haven't eaten anything but have left my packs till late. Had a bar at 1:30, just had my carbonara now and most of that over flowed in the microwave.
Had a funny turn when we went to see Santa and out for tea earlier, came over all faint and felt real sick after having a coffee. My own fault as I've not drank enough today :(

Hope your coping ok this eve xxx

Oh and did have some chicken in with my carbonara and a baby bel as felt sorry for myself lol

Also super annoyed with hubby as he had a roast dinner and didn't save me a bit of meat even though is asked him to, selfish git! Xx

Hi Natalie.. Dont worry about eating a few extra bits especially as you lost half your carbonara.. Ive only just noticed that you only have 2lb to lose.. WELL DONE.. My hubby had a hiatus hernia op a few years back and he was fine. In fact he's currently in the lounge eating pizza (lucky git). Have you got a plan for how your going to maintain? Im determined when I reach my goal I dont put it all on again this time round. Are you doing the Glycogen store thing where you plan to lose7lb more than you want to be so that when you stop and the Glycogen stores fill up again your not disappointed x
ah now if yr looking at my stats then they are wrong, last amended them pre hol and can't update via mobile app!
Am currently 12.1 and 1st goal is pre hol weight of 11.8, 2nd goal 11st as this gives me the 7lb for fluctuation lol
I also really don't want to regain bit haven't really drawn up a maintenance plan as of yet.
How are you doing on exante? Have you lost much and got much left to lose to goal? Xx

That really does suck lol
Well diet was broken today :(
Went for pamper day and was lovely, then lunch happened!!!! Chose best thing on menu and had chicken Caesar salad -no croutons.
Hoping not too much damage done, problem when you do eat and even if it's good I just want to then continue eating anything and everything!

Came home and took dog for a walk instead.

Gosh I couldn't imagine me ever being below 11st. How tall are you? I'm 5.5 x

Don't give up SuperNova. You're so close to the 13s. Read over some of your diary for inspiration.

Perhaps have a night off if you need too but try not to give up x

Last edited:
Hey supernova

How you doing? Hope you are feeling a bit better.
It's ok to have off or bad days and even several in a row hon.
Whatever you decide to do just let us all know you are ok alright sweet? Xx

Hey supernova where are you?

Did my wi today and STS as I guessed I would. Never lose in the second week really. In fact usually after a big loss I don't lose for ages afterwards!

Feeling deflated but am going to stick with it for next 2 days till surgery and hope something magic happens lol.

Do hope you are ok xx

Hey supernova.

Hope you had a nice Xmas and new year.

How's it all going?

We for me I (as most ppl I hope) over indulged over Xmas and had a whopping 5lb gain on top of the 5lbs gain from after my op so am tryin to start the new year as I mean to go on.

Attempted restart last week and failed miserably but am on it this week and so far so good!

Am off to Prague on 22 jan for 4 days so am hoping to stay on plan till then and will prob have to get back on it again afterwards :)

Last 2 years I have managed to lose 2st in each year and maintained so if I could lose another 2 by the end of this year I will be a happy bunny that's for sure.

Anyways hope your ok sweet xx

Hi Natalie.. Hope you had a good Xmas & New Year too.. I have been contemplating my restart since Monday but have still not started.. I think I may go for it tomorrow.. How is yours going? Nova
hey, think you will know when you are definitely ready as the determination is just there if that makes sense? I know I have attempted over and over again. Pretty much like this week as did great mon-fri then sat and sun eves biscuits fell into my mouth lol
But all is fine as tomorrow's another day and will be back to just shakes.
Am going to have to rethink my eating plans after weekend away though as my 6 yr old little boys response the other day when his dad asked what he would like for tea was "I'll just have a hot chocolate as mummy just has a drink for tea".
Felt awful but was a realisation that actually the kids do pay attention to what's going on around them!
So think I plan on doing 2 shakes a day and a low cal eve meal and hopefully will still lose weight just at a slower rate I suppose.

Keep me posted on how you get on if you do decide to restart hon x

Aww bless...that's why I'm doing working solution at the weekends...I couldn't face not sitting down with my girls for the family roast.

Good luck on your journeys

Argh I don't know why I'm doing this to myself as it feels like torture somedays.
See to do well all day then get to the eve once everyone is in bed and just can't help myself!
Have so far lost my 5lb Christmas gain but still need to get off the other 5lbs gained after my op.

Am really trying to juggle my finances so I can rejoin the gym as not only do I really miss going but it would also be something to occupy my evenings maybe?

Let me know how you get on with the 5:2 with eve meals added as this may also be an option for me to try after Prague xx

Back