A Hotel Manager's Diary To A Healthier Life! 11/42

I need to stop waking up at this time after a nightshift as I can't fit breakfast and lunch in! Big cooked breakfast I think and salad for my tea!

Have a lovely day everyone :)

Ruth
Xx

image-145202475.jpg

Brunch!!!! :)

Ruth
Xx

Food bought and planned out for next week! I'm off to manchester until Sunday morning tomorrow.... Taking a salad on the train and I'm going to have a Chinese with my best friend. Vegetable chow Mein or something similar will probably be the best! Then I'm off to a different meeting group next week :)

Then I am off home for ten days a week tomorrow and I've had a look to find a class close to my parents house that I can nip to... The only thing is it's on the night I get back from London :/ I want to have a nice time in London and not worry about it :(

Ruth
Xx

Hello there!!
I love posting pics on my food! Thank you for the good luck wishes :) it doesn't matter that you're a heavier starting weight we are all doing this together :) I can't see your stats or dates on my phone but how are you finding it? It fits in reasonably well with my shifts so far but time will tell!!

Ruth
Xx

Hello! I did SW two years ago and lost around a stone but I stopped because I was training for the Great North Run so didn't see the point in paying to get weighed when I knew I needed to eat more because of the training. I did the GNR again last year so again was training but same as the year before-didn't really lose anything. Hoping to do the Run this year too but waiting to hear on a place....

I've done it on and off since then but its only since I got back from holiday at the end of October last year that I've actually put some sort of effort into it and I've lost half a stone since then so I'm trying to keep on going as I've found that nothing tastes as good as seeing those scales go down!

image-3833731791.jpg

Prawn and chicken salad with veg and 2 apples :)

Ruth
Xx

Hello! I did SW two years ago and lost around a stone but I stopped because I was training for the Great North Run so didn't see the point in paying to get weighed when I knew I needed to eat more because of the training. I did the GNR again last year so again was training but same as the year before-didn't really lose anything. Hoping to do the Run this year too but waiting to hear on a place.... I've done it on and off since then but its only since I got back from holiday at the end of October last year that I've actually put some sort of effort into it and I've lost half a stone since then so I'm trying to keep on going as I've found that nothing tastes as good as seeing those scales go down!

I couldn't agree more about the scales and well done with the runs that is fab!

I'm sure you will be where you want to be in no time! Minimins is a wonderful site with such friendly and supportive people :) what's not to like about that?

What day do you weigh on?

Ruth
Xx

Last edited:
Your food always looks and sounds amazing!

Its great that you're committing to finding another group while youre away too instead of putting a holiday in :) Chow Mein is one of your best options for chinese, have you checked out the eating out section on lifeline online? Theres more info there (prawn crackers arent as bad as you would think! haha)

You may find when youre away in London that you autmoatically make better choices. I've found, when going for meals or drinks I naturally make better choices now. I've even been known to scout out green grocers while walking around to snack on fruit if I'm hungry so Im still eating SF even if its maybe missing from a meal or two.

I just wouldnt worry about it too much, enjoy yourself then get weighed. You wont change weight if you dont go, you may aswell see where you're at :) You never know it might spur you on, theres also a danger of staying in 'holiday mode' if you dont go back straight away.

.x.x.

Your food always looks and sounds amazing! Its great that you're committing to finding another group while youre away too instead of putting a holiday in :) Chow Mein is one of your best options for chinese, have you checked out the eating out section on lifeline online? Theres more info there (prawn crackers arent as bad as you would think! haha) You may find when youre away in London that you autmoatically make better choices. I've found, when going for meals or drinks I naturally make better choices now. I've even been known to scout out green grocers while walking around to snack on fruit if I'm hungry so Im still eating SF even if its maybe missing from a meal or two. I just wouldnt worry about it too much, enjoy yourself then get weighed. You wont change weight if you dont go, you may aswell see where you're at :) You never know it might spur you on, theres also a danger of staying in 'holiday mode' if you dont go back straight away. .x.x.

Hello!

Thanks I really am determined to do this in fact I have never been so determined before normally I would go that's enough Ruth you're too lazy but I actually get in from work and although exhausted I want to cook!

I have registered on the internet and had a quick look at a recipe for chicken Goujons yesterday but haven't managed to look at lifeline online for restaurants so I bet that will help me a lot! Thank you- and I love prawn crackers yum yum :)

I am hoping I do make better choices. I am only going overnight but my mate is on about drinking wine in a bar by the Thames which sounds brilliant but also not a good idea the day before weigh in haha I am hoping I will make better informed choices which I am sure that I will!

Hope that everything is going ok for you! Off into town now to find a tin opener and then on to WI!

:)

Ruth
Xx

AMAZING!!! Well done you xxx

I do Saturdays; I'm a member on another forum and we're doing a challenge on there and it just so happened to be a Sat when I started.

Not hopeful for tomorrow as I seemed to have a Greggs binge on Wed!!

Well done!!

Thank you! And don't worry about your Gregg's binge, anything bad can soon be undone! Good luck for tomorrow!! I'm seeing my best friends in manchester this weekend so I'm gonna have to be as good as I can eeeek! (Currently on train with a gin and slimline t!)

The challenge sounds good!!

Ruth
Xx

Yes the challenge keeps me on track with not going to group so at least I have to report to 'someone'!

Have a great weekend in Manc x

Yes the challenge keeps me on track with not going to group so at least I have to report to 'someone'! Have a great weekend in Manc x

Yes I agree with having to report to someone for sure!! Thanks I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Let me know how you do!

Ruth
Xx

Friday 24th January 2014

Breakfast
Mullerlight Toffee
Grapes
Frozen Raspberries

Lunch
Mixed Salad
Chicken
capers
Olive oil (HEB)
Peppers
Mushrooms
Celery
Babybel Lights (HEA)
Black Coffee x2
Gin & Slimline Tonic = 2.5

Dinner
Chicken Chow Mein = 7
2x Prawn Toast = 7
Egg Fried Rice = 4.5
Black Coffee x2
330ml Pepsi (there was nothing else!!!) = 8

= 28.5 syns which puts me over by about 10 for the week but it was a nice treat! Didn't enjoy the Chinese anywhere near as much as I thought I would!!! I also walked for nearly 2 hours!

Today my friend is at work until 5 so I am getting up and going for a walk in Manchester to have a look around! Will have a black coffee and find me a fruit salad or something! I could kill for a large full sugar coke as after having that Chinese I am so thirsty and nothing is hitting the spot but I think I will go and sit in Starbucks and be good!!

My friend is vegan and my other friend that is arriving later is veggie so hopefully everything we eat will be more healthy! Kind of hoping we go to nandos as have found Syn values! I just need to go to Tesco or an express local really as I know I am not eating enough superfree (I'm not counting the ones in the chow Mein ;) ) and I need a yogurt ;)

Looking forward to today!

Must not spend too much money!!

Ruth
Xx

Sounds like you are really focused! Its great to see how aware you are about food too, you could get cookie with full fat coke or you could go for some yummy fruit and free coffee instead. I think it makes you feel better knowing you've made those awesome choices too.

I second the not enjoying chinese as much too. Looking back it was really a waste of syns (and I went well over!) Live and learn I suppose :)

Enjoy your shopping! :) .x.x.

image-948857482.jpg

Proud moment.

Went to pret a manger, looked at sandwiches chocolate mousse, the works. Went to the counter and got a green tea, 2 apples, tuna Niçoise salad (French dressing still in pot!) and a can of coke (because my sugars are a bit too low :/)

NSV :)

Ruth
Xx

Back