Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

I've got a 'spa' in my kitchen at the moment lol it's inflatable and is in the box at the moment waiting for DH to get round to pumping it up after sunday. I'm hoping for a home birth with my own 'pool'. It heats up itself but takes a long time so we'll be filling and adding hot water when the time comes - just hope I have enough TIME when the time comes! lol

But.. pool is definately on my wish list. You can't get in till after 5cm dilated though as it can stall you, but is supposed to be great pain relief.

why can it stall you? less gravity helping you on your way?

i would like a home birth but the walls are paper thin. i live in a back to back so that's potentially three sets of neighbours, and possibly half the street being able to hear me giving birth... and i really don't fancy that, ha. plus i wouldn't be able to afford a pool :(

well here i am again. is anyone else here? have had my swine flu jab and man does my arm hurt!! it's swollen and hot and the muscle really hurts. i was told all the above would happen but thought they were being a bit alarmist. my left arm isn't very useful at the moment as i can barely lift it, ha.

i was sick several times yesterday, gah. and am not feeling too bright this morning, but i've come into work it being a monday. didn't want to feel like i was skiving...

hae also realised that i am 15 weeks today :D yay :) and only 11 days until i get to hear my baby's heartbeat again :D

abz xx

aww hope you feel better soon ((Hugs))
11 days till MW is a great feeling - as is 15 week! I did a happy jig every week and still do to be honest! lol

well have had to have a re-think on my spa after all my chatting it up! lol it won't fit anywhere!! it's too blooming big!! :( other than being out on the deck in the middle of december! yeah not gonna happen!!

Water can slow down labour for a while as it relaxes the body and eases the contractions.. which is why it's used for birth - but too early and it just stalls things a bit. So they recommend only after 5cm.

ah, i see :) well i'm going to ask my midwife about it. i just hope that it's free when i need it :( i don't know how many the lgi have got...

will the pool not fit in your living room hon? it's the only place i'd be able to fit something like that...

not without stripping out the contents! lol or most of it, and the girls will be home too... and well it could be xmas! lol
Our kitchen is the same size but again 'full' we cleared an area for it, but it's not big enough and MW needs to be able to 'get around' the whole thing too.. Not too gutted it is a big spa - big enough for 4 or 5 adults easily. So not surprised really just been nagging DH for weeks to measure it all out for me! lol I coped pretty well pain relief wise till things took a nose dive after my epidural (I got in a panic having it and never recovered as it didn't work and no one realised etc etc). So without the meds I'll be able to cope and have been using hypno birthing as my 'main' technique. Wasn't sure i'd be able to have water for a long time as mw's weren't too sure on it. - Long story sorry.
Hope the pool is free when your time comes.

oh honey. it sounds like you went through rather a palava!! still. that spa sounds fantastic. are you going to put it in your garden? isn't it currently in a box in the kitchen did you say? or is that someone else? ha.

abz xx

we had it in the garden on a deck this summer :) Was lovely! Though after a while I ws too cold after getting out as got the shivers would you believe! lol had a rubbish summer though weather wise.

it'll go away till spring now :)

can you not heat the water up in it? i would have thought sitting in it in cold weather with hot water in it would be lovely... although getting out would be nasty. is that what you are referring to?

abz xx

well today i bought my first baby things. i got a little red top with 'daddy's little star' on it and a fluffy red coat with ears on the hood, both from next. i just wanted something to make things seem more real :)

then i took them down to the supervisors at work expecting them to go ooooh and things and just let me enjoy my excitement. instead i got 'well they aren't going to fit when you want them too, what if you have a really big baby (if anything they're going to be too big as i overjudged the ages for when i want them), i wouldn't have bought anything yet. yadda yadda and totally killed my buzz. i made some joke about they should just smile, say they were very happy for me and then be quiet. and that i was going to leave if they were going to rain on my parade like that. and then try not to cry all the way down the office :( i think i may be hormonal. but come on. i told them i was excited. it's more for me than the baby. even if they don't fit, i have gotten some joy out of it and they could have let me have it :(

abz xx

Aww fab stuff on the purchases - funny how we do that eh! I have a sleepsuit in red saying 'santa's little helper' for my LO.. bought it at about your stage. Hoping she's here in time to wear it xmas eve! lol either way it'll be cute! lol

Don't let work kill the buzz hun!! ((Hugs)) often it's jealousy and often people just make S*** comments without thinking! ((Hugs))

Be happy! Just remember they're too rubbish to join in on it!
x

well they said it's because they are old fashioned. but surely they must have bought something before their babies and grandchildren were born or they'd have a hell of a time clothing the poor wee thing. hmph.

still. i'm sure OH will let me be excited. so there.

abz xx

lol that's the spirit! lol So there following a hmph! you're gonna make a GREAT mum! :) Enjoy celebrating with your OH!

lol you have to get thick skin I think to fend off the comments or the opinions you disagree with ;)
I remember sitting in shock at a work colleague who said 'but they're LAST YEARS'.. to a bunch of baby clothes I'd bought from Gap in their 70% sale! lol Like my baby would CARE!!! lol My chin was on the floor I must admit! lol
then there will be those who disagree with how your holding baby, feeding baby, picking baby up when he / she cries.. etc etc etc..
yep.. thick skin grows in pregnancy I think! lol

ha. i've already had to deal with 'well i don't agree with breastfeeding' etc. i've managed very well at just saying it's what i want. but i am becoming a bit nervy about saying anything about what i want when asked because it always gets a reaction. when i work the evening shift there are some lovely women that work here. one of them was here when the supervisors crushed me earlier and couldn't believe what she heard and they all loved the little things i'd bought and made me very happy again. so that's ok. but it is my first proper hormonal day since i was very very early on. i've been in bad moods etc, but today i feel like anything would make me bawl my eyes out...

abz xx

abz tell them to fluff off!

congrats hun! i am soooo pleased for ya! dont usually pop into this bit but when i saw abz my jaw hit the deck heheheh

awww a baby! theres nothing like hearing news that a baby is on the way! makes me go all mushy!

when i had my two i found everyone had thier own piece of advice...most was usually crap! u just have to try ignore it, have a good moan to hubby and remember this is ur two special time and what ever anyone else says does not matter!

oooh im dead excited for ya!

hope u r well an sickky ness passes soon!

love katie

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww Abz it's one of those things.. you choose carefully and just sit on the fence when you don't want to tell someone! lol
I have a neighbour who trys to give me advice.. bearing in mind I've fostered babies for 5 years.. and there she is telling me how to wean.. at 4 weeks old she's proud she started weaning her daughter!!
Needless to say I don't tell her much at all! lol Also the mums at school - there is a 'click' that doesn't often talk to me, but who had kids at my LO's birthday party recently.. Almost gave me a full on grilling but I side stepped pretty much everything.. much to DH's surprise as I love nothing better than talking babies / kids whatever. But not with them.. as I wasn't comfortable with them and they're not friends. I've been going to that school for 2 years but knew there would be a % who would only chat because of bump etc and I was right.

Anyway.. I'll shut up my rambling ((Hugs)) I'm glad you've got someone at work to natter to - you've just learned a lesson today on who that is.

Night hun x

Lol at work colleageus being like that - i have EXACTLY the same people working with me by the sounds of it!!

So much so i hide things i buy now cos i cant be bothered with the greif!!

All i know is that as SOON as i get home, my mum dad hubby friends EVERYONE ELSE go mental over them falling in love with every little sock lol

There the ones that matter babe, sod work, there just jealouse you are getting 9 months off basically!

Keep smiing and enjoy all the window shopping and actual shopping you want to!!

Its your time to shine, so dont let them bring you down

xxxxx

hey everyone. thanks for your lovely comments. sorry i've been absent. my shifts have been strange this week and i usually check minis at work, ha.

am doing fine. am 16 weeks today, woohoo. i managed to eat the most incredibly huge carvery dinner yesterday lunchtime and could barely move for some time afterwards. can usually only eat about a quarter of what i think i can at the mo so this was some achievement, and i'm sure i ate far far more than everyone else, most was veg of course, ha. i have a thing for roast dinners at the moment :D

oh, and ice lollies. i made my mouth sore eating those so have had to have a few days off. but it's all better now :D

unfortunately satsumas seem to be making me sick. i am in denial about this as i love them, but so far, every time i've eaten them i've felt awful... waargh. best fruit in the world :(

thomas showed my mil the little things we bought last night and she loved them, ha. the only superstition she has is not making the bed before the baby comes home. it can be built and the mattress etc put in but the sheet can't be put on the bed until the baby comes home. i said i think i could manage that one for her, ha.

oh, and in a basket full of christmas things a family friend bought us they put in a tiny pair of booties :D hee. she laughed and said she couldn't resist. so it seems we aren't the only ones :D

abz xx

Back