Alisha's vegetarian SW diary :)

Just started to read your diary as I have "come back" this week.
Can I ask what is the "bacon" in the picture near the beginning - please don't tell me it is quorn :( as it does not agree with me. I never look at the things which are labelled chicken, bacon etc which are for veggies as I thought they would be synned but noticed they are free in your diary.
Thanks.

Hey lovely :)
If it was at the beginning of my diary it was real bacon I'm afraid as I was eating meat to try and do extra easy before I gave up and went to green. I really don't like veggie bacon substitutes but my favourite veggie/vegan substitutes at the minute are quor:n mince (flavourless, just for texture really), chicken pieces, nuggets, burgers, fillets, crispy fillets & pretty much all of the linda McCartney stuff is yummy :)

x

Hiya Lish!
Kinda a big deal you telling us all that, so well done. Feels much better when you have these things written down doesn't it? Thats why I always ramble so much. Also nice to talk to people who aren't involved etc so can offer different perspectives.
I'm so so sorry for both your friend and your brother, I'm not surprised you went a little AWOL. And do you know what, 3 ickle days off plan in the grand 14 weeks you've been on it didn't really matter did they, littlemiss2stoneaward!!!

Also well done with your exam results!! Can't beleive you got a first in one! Complete boffin! :p

Anyway pleased to have you back, keep going xxxx

Hellooo :)
Yeah, definitely I thought the only way to get back on it 100% was to share it, draw a line under it & move on.

I can't believe I've finally got my 2st award! Ahhhh! I want my 2.5 by the end of February so I've got to behave :)

Xxx

Hey lovely :)
If it was at the beginning of my diary it was real bacon I'm afraid as I was eating meat to try and do extra easy before I gave up and went to green. I really don't like veggie bacon substitutes but my favourite veggie/vegan substitutes at the minute are quor:n mince (flavourless, just for texture really), chicken pieces, nuggets, burgers, fillets, crispy fillets & pretty much all of the linda McCartney stuff is yummy :)

x

Thought it looked too good to be meat substitute :D

Have you tried the "no meat" meatballs from Asda - they are really nice but the syns have just increased to 5.5 per bag. There are 3 portions in the bag so only 2 per portion so that is OK. I make a pasta sauce which is free. They also do a "chicken" style soya pack which is still free and I cook that with peppers, onions and mushrooms and add some kind of gravy and make into cottage pie. Both frozen and usually on offer when you buy 2 bags.
I like the Rosemary LM sausages and can't believe they are free food.
All the Quorn stuff does not agree with me - would have to go into another room if I ate of it. :)

Not tried any of those but I'm really happy with quorn :).

I've heard quite a few people say quorn makes them gassy etc.

Not tried any of those but I'm really happy with quorn :). I've heard quite a few people say quorn makes them gassy etc.

Just saw this and thought I would say quorn mince is the worst thing for me to eat it's just not worth the risk haha

Wednesday 5 February
Green Day

Breakfast
- n/a

Lunch
- pasta 'n' sauce (f)
- 60g low low (HeA)
- WW petit pain (HeB)

Snack
- galaxy ripple (8.5)
- grapes (sf)
- strawberries (sf)

Dinner
- Salad (lettuce (sf), peppers (sf), cucumber (sf))
- WW petit pain (HeB)
- 40g reduced fat cheese (HeA)
- Lasagne (quorn mince (f), onion (sf), passata (sf), celery (sf), carrot (sf), herbs (f), stock (f), pasta sheets (f), egg (f))

HeA: 60g low low, 40g reduced fat cheese
HeB: 2 x ww petit pain

Syns: 8.5/15

Thursday 6th February
Green Day

Breakfast:
- 2 x benefit bars (HeB)

Snack:
- fat free natural yoghurt (free)
- strawberries (sf)
- grapes (sf)
- 2 x benefit bars (heb)
- 2 tsps sugar (2 syns )

Dinner:
- mash (f) made with 60g low low (hea)
- carrots, broccoli (sf) sweetcorn and peas (f)
- onion gravy (2 syns)
- Yorkshire pudding (2.5syns)
- lm sausages (free)

HeA: 60g low low
HeB: 4 benefit bars

Syns: 6.5/15

Friday 7th February
Green Day

Breakfast:
N/a

Lunch:
- micro rice (1 syn)
- egg (f)
- spring onion (sf) & peas (f)
- soy sauce (f)

Snack:
- 2 x benefit bars (heb)
- fat free greek yoghurt (f)
- strawberries (sf)
- 1 tsp of sugar (1 syn)

Dinner:
- pasta n sauce macaroni cheese (1.5)
- low low (hea)
- ww petit pain (heb)

HeA: 60g low low
HeB: 2 x benefit bars, ww petit pain

Syns: 3.5/15

Last edited:
Just weighed in & I've lost 2.5lbs & got my bronze body magic award :)

Sorry about the lack of posts but realistically I don't think I'm going to post a diary every day, just every now and again :)

Super star xx

Well done hun, fantastic! Keep at it x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wednesday 12th February
Green Day

Lunch:
- Pasta (f)
- Bolognese - (carrots (sf), celery (sf), onions (sf), passata (sf), stock (f), quorn mince (f))
- 30g cheese (HeA)
- ww petit pain (HeB)

Snack:
- 2 x benefit bars (HeB)

Dinner:
- smash (f) made with 75g philly light (HeA)
- Broccoli (sf), leeks (sf), peas (f)
- LM red onion sausages (f)
- Onion gravy (2)
- Yorkshires (5)

HeA: 30g cheese, 75g philly light
HeB: ww petit pain, 2 x benefit bars

Syns: 7/15

For those of you that don't follow me on IG my weekly goal this week is to actually use my syns, something that I'm getting a bit naughty at... To see if that's going to help boost my losses.
I hope you're all doing well xx

Have you been using your syns?? I have no problem using them hehe x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hellooo :)

Yep I've been using 14 most days! :0

x

Weighed in this morning & I've lost 2 lbs :)

Officially in the 16st bracket! Hoping to lose 2lbs this week for my 2.5 award

Hope you're all doing well x

Weighed in this morning & I've lost 2 lbs :)

Officially in the 16st bracket! Hoping to lose 2lbs this week for my 2.5 award

Hope you're all doing well x

Well done hun, that's fantastic!! x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm really rubbish at this online food diary thing now aren't I guys? oops. I'm just an IG addict & keep a paper diary as well now.

Just weighed in & i've lost 4 lbs and got my 2.5st award

:) xx

Back