Amanda is starting afresh lol

Well done for not murdering those pretzels! I'm about the same, I'm wanting to lose 3 stone by just after Christmas, which isn't much time at all. 2015 will be our year.

Sometimes even in ketosis I found I get massive hunger pangs but maybe it's the emotional impacting the physical?

I do have a diary, a new one called Sheridan's 100 Day Challenge.

:)

Found you! Yes this is our year coming up :) I have four kids and I want my body back lol. Think I'm back in ketosis, the hunger is FINALLY going away. I went and ordered a pancake pack and some sausage and eggs to see if I like them, plus some orange drink because it's lovely and I'm sooo bored of water now. I got some coffee mix too :)

Well done on a brilliant 1st week Amanda. A whole stone down is amazing. :wow:

Having that chicken was much better than caving in and having the pretzels & what ever else that may have led to.

I still get pangs of hunger now and then although the first time I did a VLCD diet I never noticed any. Most strange.

Hope you find some food packs that you enjoy, my favourite is the Shepherds pie with added cayenne papper x

Thanks Susie! That's very true! Much better some meat than blowing the whole diet. I am still going 100%. Nothing other than a few bits of meat has passed my lips apart from my shakes, yet I feel really hungry. Admittedly not as hungry as the first few days, but still more hungry than id like. I can't believe how much willpower I have this time. I am just constantly telling myself that it's only until Christmas. If I just give it a good bash and do it 100% until Christmas then I'll be happy with that and change to slimming world to lose whatever else I have to lose. I just wanted to do this for a few months to get rid of that initial pudge and I'm confident I can shift three stone by then if I try hard.
I might just get some food packs next time so that I'm actually eating. I think I'm making it harder on myself just doing shakes. I sort of liked the chili last time and the carbonara. If I added something a bit extra to them maybe that would work. I hated the shepherds pie haha. Is the curry any good? It wasn't around last time. Also I bought some pancakes to see what I think of those, and eggs and sausages. I also bought some choc balls. I don't think we are meant to eat them on TS but I figured, they're low carb and I'm going to get my boyfriend to hide them for when I'm really struggling so I have a back up plan :) Yesterday I heated my banana shake up, and although it went rather watery, it tasted a little like banana custard which was nice.

I wasn't keen on the curry so you may like it lol.

I often make pancakes out of the porridge & shakes just for a bit of variation but it takes some practice & the consistency of how they come out varies each time. I have lots of shakes but don't like them in liquid form this time around for some reason.
I've just ordered a sample of the pancake mix & one of the hot cross bun bars that most people seem to like so fingers crossed.

3st is a realistic amount to aim for by Christmas as long as you stay TS I'm sure. I've come to the conclusion that its best to do this diet in small sections so I've decided to do WS till November as have some social events this month & then 3 months of TS till February in the hope that its more sustainable x

I think you're right. This diet seems great for small periods of time, like 8-10 weeks or so but long term it is super hard to sustain. I've already shifted a third of my goal weight :) so that's sparing me on to get there then switch to eating healthily. Then maybe in January I'll give it another four weeks go at exante to shift a bit more quickly. It's great for a weight loss boost that's for sure. You make pancakes from the shakes? I'd love to do that! I tried the porridge ones but they stuck to my grease proof paper lol. I ordered the pancakes too so here's hoping they're nice!
Still on track with TS today and a little less hungry which is great. Think I'm in full blown ketosis again phew xxx

You are right Manda! It's not a long term solution and often, the closer you get to goal weight the better it is to change over to healthy eating so that you're not reliant on complete abstinence from choice. That's my thinking anyways. Really I think they say do it for 12 weeks max then refeed takes about a month anyways, and like you said you've already lost of a third of what you want to so far.

I'm glad that you have had a good day and the hunger isn't too bad for you. :)

Weekends tend to be my downfall!

Hi just read through well done so far - great loss!! I think eating "meals" really helps personally (as in the meal packs) but then I quite like them. They kinda grow on you. I hates mushroom risotto at first but after a week on such low calories it suddenly tasted lovely!! Some of the packs taste better when left to soak for a while too I notice. X

Yes definitely. I hope I've got this, this time. I need to shift the weight and we all know how fast time goes these days! I figured that my babies were growing too fast, so if I'm on a diet for three months of that, they might slow down a bit hehe.
yes I remember soaking the chilli so the beans were soft. I'm excited for my few things to arrive that I bought to try, like pancakes! Day 12 today and still haven't slipped up. I did the stupid thing of weighing myself last night and I haven't lost anything this week :-/ I'm sure I will, but that's annoying lol. I need to stop doing that.

12 great days Manda! Well done!

And you're right about the weighing it can be super frustrating before weigh in day! It's amazing what you can lose (or gain!) overnight!

That's the right logic, that on diet the time will go slower, I can't believe I can apply for school for my youngest next month! Seems too soon.

Fingers crossed for a good weigh in for you!

They grow up way too fast. My eldest is 9 in December :-/ can't believe I have a nearly nine year old. I tried to make a shake pancake today. Haha it went really badly. I was left with a big pile of mushy, semi burnt crap in the bottom of the pan. I ate it anyway because it was a bit like food lol. This diet really screws with your mind. There's no way id have even touched that two weeks ago! Tomorrow will be tough, it's my daughters third birthday party. Cake, sweets and nibbles everywhere. I will resist though, reluctantly. At least the kiddies will have fun, I'll tell myself that lol.

Oops, I do mine in the microwave Amanda. Mix to a batter consistency & pop them in for about 2 min. Let them cool for 30 seconds then slowly lift from plate with a spatula & turn over. Pop them back in for about 40 seconds to a minute then leave to stand for a few seconds Took a lot of practice.

Almost 2 weeks done :) x

Ahh cool thanks for that! Yep almost two weeks done, but guess what I went and did? Jumped on the scales this morning! Nothing. Not a single pound off! I'm in ketosis I can feel it, and apart from some meat I've had nothing but shakes all week! How can I not have lost anything? Oh well, I've done this enough to know that it could well be 6lbs I lose next week as sometimes you have nothing and then a big loss right after.

Mandaaaxx25 I'm 100% today, well i only started this morning and have only had one shake, I started with a Chocolate Shake, normally I absolutely hate this flavour but today I put hot water in and it was like I was having a hot chocolate, and on a cold wintry morning like today it was a blessing...not sure you've got me too excited for my red berry bar though :) I hope that I lose a stone in my first week, after my greedy summer i will get back into the 15 stone weight bracket...still morbidly obese by the BMI data, but I will at least be able to bend over in my work trousers without thinking the button is gonna pop off...which it already has this month :)

Like you say Amanda, the scales have got to move on this type of diet. You will get a nice big loss next week :D x

Thanks girls :D temptation everywhere today. Had to go get my little girl and sit in. Burger King. Didn't touch a thing. Then I made my daughters party and sweets all over the place plus cake. Not so much as a bite has passed my lips :D Also, my trial things arrived from Exante today and I had the blueberry and raspberry pancakes and they were great! Tasted of very little but they were nice!
Asyd_burnz you're doing well! You'll shift it in no time! Good luck to you!
Still tomorrow to go until my weigh in on Wednesday so I could lose a bit yet!

Hope you lose another stone!! Yesterday I was 100% all day, I resisted the temptation of Dry Roasted Peanuts at the pub quiz (Which we won :) ) and free chips, which is normally my downfall!! I have to agree with you about the Red Berry bars, I was sort of expecting some kind of Special K type bar with red berrys in it, but was disappointed when opening it and it was.....well crap :)

I just hope next time I lose more weight I actually keep it off, I'm attacking my weight with a three pronged attack this time, I'm goin to mix Exante, with Intermittent Fasting and for the hell of it and there are free ones on Spotify, Gastric Band Hynotherapy...

Todays Plan, not have my first shake till 12:00, which will open up my 8 hour eating window, so my bar at 4, and then my final shake just before 8. Then before bed listen to whatever Gastric Band Hypnotherapy I find :) I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow

I'll be interested to hear if the hypnotherapy works... Good you're attacking from 3 angles!!! X

Back