Anyone 20st plus

Yeah, disturbingly so... Fortunately the competition in my group isnt high, and by that i mean, there isnt a few other really big people with loads to lose and lots of motivation.

I watched an episode of super nanny and realised I was behaving a way a small child does to the incentive and award scheme that they had introduced. Here is a few photos which show a mild obsession:
View attachment 61623View attachment 61624View attachment 61625View attachment 61626View attachment 61627

Your story is inspirational. Thanks for the positive images. It can be done. Tierney

I started 4 weeks ago today at 22 stone 3 i am now 21 stone 1 i am really proud of my acheivements and cant beleive how easy it is so far just worried when i slow down hopefully wont be for a few months

Hi guys, I'm currently on the 3rd day of my first week. When I stepped on the scales in group I was 23st 10lbs so go loads to lose. Feeling really motivated though and making the most of all the free food SW has to offer. Enjoying it all so far :)

Hi guys, I'm currently on the 3rd day of my first week. When I stepped on the scales in group I was 23st 10lbs so go loads to lose. Feeling really motivated though and making the most of all the free food SW has to offer. Enjoying it all so far :)

Welcome. Well done on getting started. That is one hurdle over. I have got loads to lose too. I have been going to slimming world for 6 weeks and it is going well. We can keep each other motivated.

Tierney.

It's nice to see others who have lots to lose too, also seeing how well you've done in just 6 weeks is really inspiring! How are you finding the diet so far?

I remember seeing this thread in December when I had just had my first WI and was shocked that I was 20st 4lbs (I didn't want to admit how heavy I was so didn't weigh myself much but the previous time I'd stepped on scales a few years before had been 18st, so it was a shock that I was in the 20's!)
I've now been following SW for 8 full months (I mean, december didn't really count... xmas and work trips...) and have just hit the 15's- feels so good! It felt so far away to start with but I am now 15st 12 and just 2.5 stone away from my first goal... It didn't feel like much effort at all and I can't believe how it really just feels like yesterday I was staring at this thread. You guys will be here soon, too! Don't be put off by how much there is to lose, it'll fly by.

I didn't feel any different until I hit my 4 stone award and I started to see visual differences (even though I'd fit in smaller clothes long before!) but now I just feel like... I can't believe I didn't start this sooner :) it feels fantastic.

Hi everyone! I started SW (again) 2 weeks ago. I was 19st 7lbs and lost 4.5lbs at first WI. I'm hoping for my 1/2 stone tomorrow. I tried WW 3 years ago but I was constantly hungry so SW suits me better. The first time I did SW I lost 2st in 3 months via the online support but put it back on. Decided Group would be better and I have found a wonderful supportive group so I'm feeling very confident this time round! Good luck everyone!!!

Finding the diet really easy. There are so many recipes out there, I just type slimming world recipe for x into google and something usually pops up.. I am finding I am eating absolutely loads.
I have been a bit bunged up (for want of a better description) but I have upped my fluid intake and that seems to be helping.
I like the magic porridge and make the night before ready for the morning, as I am a bit grumpy in the morning and hate faffing about with breakfast.
I am feeing really positive, how are you going?
I also feel a bit of a fool posting on threads where people have a couple of lbs to lose etc. At least we can keep each other company.

Tierney

Hi everyone! I started SW (again) 2 weeks ago. I was 19st 7lbs and lost 4.5lbs at first WI. I'm hoping for my 1/2 stone tomorrow. I tried WW 3 years ago but I was constantly hungry so SW suits me better. The first time I did SW I lost 2st in 3 months via the online support but put it back on. Decided Group would be better and I have found a wonderful supportive group so I'm feeling very confident this time round! Good luck everyone!!!

Welcome. I hope things are going well for you. We are all here to support each other.

Tierney

Finding the diet really easy. There are so many recipes out there, I just type slimming world recipe for x into google and something usually pops up.. I am finding I am eating absolutely loads.
I have been a bit bunged up (for want of a better description) but I have upped my fluid intake and that seems to be helping.
I like the magic porridge and make the night before ready for the morning, as I am a bit grumpy in the morning and hate faffing about with breakfast.
I am feeing really positive, how are you going?
I also feel a bit of a fool posting on threads where people have a couple of lbs to lose etc. At least we can keep each other company.

Tierney

Tierney, I know what you mean, I always feel like the elephant in the room when peeps only have half a stone or so to lose. When you're talking about the kind of weight loss we're aiming for it's a completely different league. I'm glad you're finding it easy so far, me too! It's only been a week but I feel like I have so much more energy and feel really positive about it so far. I step on the scales for the first time on Tuesday and I can honestly say I'm really looking forward to seeing how much I've lost. I honestly have no idea as we don't have a scale at home!

New here today - lost 10lbs since beginning of July without really trying. Decided to focus more so here I am. Current weight 20st5lbs. long road to go!

I'm new to minimins too, started sw 4th Aug at 23st 1 and already lost 6.5 lb but I need all the support I can get to loose 10 or more stone, glad I found this group.

Well done getfit, fab loss! I lost 4lbs this week, making 7lbs in 2 weeks and my first half a stone award! :D

I remember seeing this thread just after I joined SW in Sept 2011, however, I felt far too ashamed of the 23st 13lb self to post in here.

Anyway, nearly 2 years on and 10st 2lb lighter, I just wanted to come in here and show support to you all on your journey and to tell you that you can do it! I'm still a few stone away from target, but if anyone had told me when I joined SW that I would lose 10 stone in under 2 years, I would've laughed in their face.....now I'm the one laughing! lol!

x

Wow SarJay, that's so inspiring, especially as your starting weight was so close to my own! I've still got a long way to go but after only 2 weeks and 7lbs I honestly feel like I've actually found a plan that's going to work. If in 2 years time I've done anywhere near as well as you I'll be over the moon!

I joined SW on August 22nd last year and today I got my 7 stone award :)
My starting weight was 31 stone 1lb and today I was 24 stone 0.5lb. I want to get to around 12 stone so still a long way to go but I tend not to dwell on how much I have to lose, I concentrate on how far I've come :)

Shell that's incredible! You are doing so amazing, I bet you are so proud of yourself! I've got the utmost respect for how far you've come, it's such a good outlook to have too. It's so easy to freak out and think "OMG i'm never gonna lose all this weight, it's gonna take years" but in reality if we concentrate on each week and each pound the time will fly by and we'll be at goal before we know it!

Do you have a diary on here? i'd love to follow your story xx

Back