Anyone want a slimming buddy?

Wow thank you so much! I can do it and will do it! Just need to concentrate and get the motivation!!!!

It just all went wrong! This skinny blonde girl that is my trigger has now moved in like up the road, which im not handling all too well. After weigh in monday night was fine, Tuesday was bad from evening and it all went down hill in the form of sweets, choc, pastries, full on BAD!!! :(

Rant over. Deep breath. Moving on.................

I dont have an outfit lol as I have no money! But when I get to target my parents have offered to buy me one (that was before they just offered to lend me the money for my degree mind lol), so fingers crossed I can buy a new outfit.

Ive got a wedding to go to on 29th November and wanted to get a new outfit but due to no money dont think thats going to happen :(, but I do have a dress thats kind of elasticy so should still fit me!

How are you doing? Hate it when life sucks lol

Positive attitude! I'm proud of you:D

Know what you mean about no money. I gave up work in June to stay home with my son but we are reeally struggling financially so I have to go back to work in January:cry:. I have seen lots of nice things to wear but cant afford to buy them. Oh well, it would be a waste of money as i'm going to lose 36lbs! Yes i am! lol

I basically can't be bothered at the moment. Food is boring, can't be bothered cooking and having to make myself eat. Nothing appeals, not even the pringles that are STILL in the cupboard. hopefully I will pick up soon as I also cant be bothered cooking for my 2 yr old or hubby either. Lack of interest in food is something I have never experienced before. It is very strange and not at all pleasant:eek:.

Fingers crossed for you for the weekend. I know that is when i'm more likely to go haywire. Hubby likes to go out to the pub or for dinner/breakfast and the temptation is usuall too much.

Enjoy the rest of your day, i'm needed to crawl around the floor going "choo choo" now. The joys:rolleyes:

:gimi: I just made the pasta quiche and OMG it is AMAZING! I have found my enthusiasm for food again. Thank goodness there is only 2 syns in the whole quiche coz it's huge and with some SW chips made an amazingly scrummy dinner. I can see this being a regular feature on my menu:D

Is that in the slimming world mag?? Glad you've found your love of food back! :)

I messed up again last night but starting fresh with the food today! Really angry with myself as I don't know why I keep messing up! Grrrrr.

Hows all going? Better than me I hope!

Hannah, can't remember where I found it. probably on here. Anyway this is the recipie

Mix together 3 eggs, 150g very low fat natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley.
  1. Make up a packet of Batchelors Tomato, Onion & Herb Pasta ‘n’ Sauce.
  2. Lay some chopped peppers, mushrooms and sweetcorn (or other Superfree veggies of your choice) in an oven-proof flan dish then pour over the Pasta ’n’ Sauce and cottage cheese mixtures.
  3. Pop in the oven at 190ºC/Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.
I used mac cheese instead of tomato pasta which is where the 2 syns came from. I also added ham but you could use anything.

Well, I totally caved today. Had a really stressful morning with a defiant 2 yr old, huge argument with other half then had to deal with what I thought was a woman coming on her own to view the house but 4 of them turned up:eek:. I was really mad as I was showing them round on my own. The estate agent hadn't checked how many people were coming and to be honest I felt quite uncomfortable being on my own. the estate agents are going to get it in the neck on Monday as I feel that was a major lack of personal security for me. Could have been 4 complete wakos turning up and me on my own with a 2yr old. Will only be doing viewings with hubby around from now on. I only agreed to it because the house has been on the market for over 2 weeks now and she was only the 2nd viewer and could only make it this morning.

Anyway, the stress led us to wanna burger for lunch. my choice as you can replace the burger buns with a salad and you need to order fries seperately. Nope, I had a huge cheese burger with fries smothered in tomato ketchup and mustard followed by 4 pancakes with maple syrup and ice cream. Oh, and lets not forget the 2 bottles of budweiser to drink:sign0007:. I will now go and stand in the corner and hang my head in shame. Fingers crossed it doesn't show up in my WI tomorrow.

hey everyone, sorry havent been on in ages but was away on hols in sunny gran Cranaria, was a brill week and ate and drank everything in site was amazing lol... but then weighed myself when I got back on thrus and OMG I put on 9lb so I have really tried hard to get some of it off before tues wi in lol am hopeful, I dont mind that I put on because I really enjoyed myself and if i didnt do it on that hol I would have done it another time, am trying to be good but its so hard cause am still in hol mode all I want to do is eat lol

just reading through the thread and come on hannah and kerry, u can both do it, why dont u both try and write a list for and against losing weight,

kerry, instead of cutting out bread why not try eating ryvita, u get three a hex b and they are so tasty with cheese and tomato, I even love them with boiled eggs lol

I have also made the rustic minestone soup from the new mag, oh its lovely and going to try the pasta dish tomorro...

Hello! How was the rustic minestrone soup?

I messed up again today! This is bad. What's wrong with me. I watched this crappy programme about size zeros and one girl said "it's quite simple youre in control of what goes into your mouth, just make good choices", how is that simple?? I know what good foods I should have that's the easy bit, its the control part that's hard!

so basically feeling like crap after a chinese and totally beyond angry at myself, I'm completely livid. I've screwed up for 6 days running now. Ahhhh! So Kerry draw a line under the burger, just don't allow yourself down this slippery slope ive ran head first down! :(

Glad you had a good holiday Sue!

So girlies I reckon we should set ourselves some mini targets, what you say?

Have decided to change my name to YOYO GIRL. Guess how much I lost this week? Yep that same 3lbs off again. While i'm delighted I do kind of feel like the scales are taking the p**s. (I know it's me not the scales:sigh:).

Hannah, I agree about the mini target. My mum (diet expert numero uno) said I will find it easier if I have something small to aim for so how do I decide? I'm a bit scared that if I set a mini target and don't meet it......... Well, i'm sure you can imagine:eek:.

I have my xmas night out (mexican meal and pub, not looking forward to it at all) on 11th December, that is 9 weeks away. Is a stone between now and then feasible? Think that is approximately 1.5lbs per week. I could do that couldn't I? Or is it better to aim for dropping a dress size? That doesn't seem all that easy as I don't get much exercise. Hoping to change that when my son starts playgroup at the end of October though.

Sue, I've always thought ryvita looks like crunchy cardboard but will get some and try them. The lack of bread is killing me and I sit drooling when my son has toast. Is it ok to mug a 2yr old for food coz it's what i want to do!

Hannah, good luck for tomorrow. Hope you get a STS at least. It is all very well people saying that we make the choice to put the wrong food in our mouths but its not that easy. I have no willpower when it comes to food and my answer is to not have anything naughty in the house but then hubby starts moaning that there is nothing nice to eat. He also sits and pushes things under my nose saying go on just have 1, but it never stops at just 1 does it (unless its 1 packet or tube or bar....).

Off to do my weekly shop. wonder what fruit they have on offer this week.

Have a super day everyone x

Kerry well done thats fantastic, at least ur back to were u started and it didnt take that long, it takes me a month to lose 3lb lol... Hannah if u do put on or sts then maybe this will help u to really think about what ur eating and why and then u will have a fab week this week...

the soup was lovely, really filling aswell and trying some pasta dish the day so hopefully its just as nice...

yea I think a mini target is good, but am like u kerry I dont really know what to go for, I also have a christmas nite out on 11th dec but I dont know if thats to far away lol seem like forever, but I do know that before xmas I want to get my 3 stone award I was only 9.5lb away which was doable but now with hol weight gain (have to wait to tues to find out) I think it will be like at least 14lb to go which I dont know if I can do, am a slow loser lol Like 0.5lb a week

Hey Hannah, how did you get on???

Well I have decided to set 2 mini targets and will be happy to reach either one by December. First target is to lose 1 stone by 11th December (will WI a day early). 2nd target is to fit into the size 14 top I bought yesterday. I'm between sizes at the moment so 16 was too big but 14 was a bit tight so I went for the tight top which I am desperate to wear so had better get my finger out. I have hung it on tyhe back of the bedroom door. (maybe the kitchen cupboard would be a better spot lol).

Sue if you are a slow loser why not work out how much you think you would lose by 11th December then maybe add another lb or 2 to make you work extra hard. Maybe half a stone?

I got some scanbran yesterday and like I thought, very crunchy cardboard but I will persevere. I am determined to have a decent loss this week!

Hope you are all well x

Didn't officially go to weigh in! Went to gym instead! But I gained 2lbs, which for how naughty I've been isn't too bad lol

My mini target is to be at 10 stone 5 by 29th november.

I wanted to be at target by then but I think this week may have messed this up!

Sue let us know how you get on tomorrow and we will set you a mini goal!

Maybe we could do monthly targets?

Back on track today, although I know the bingeing hasn't gone away, as I can farewell the urge at the back of my mind, but I'm ignoring it!

yea kerry thats a good idea I must work out how much I usually lose in a month, and then do a monthly target for nov for like to lose 5lb maybe...

Kerry I can so get into that top, just keep thinking positive and picture the top anytime u want anything naughty

Hannah well done 2lb is not that bad, am dreading my wi in tomorrow am thinkin at least 6lb because of all the drinking and eating, I have tried over the last couple of days to get back on track but was very hard,but today I feel I done a bit better I even managed the gym lol :)

I also had couscous for lunch today was so nice, ansely harriot - moccaron spice only 1/2 syn for 100g on green day not to bad, really tasty

going to try and get some other flavours when go shopping on wed

I have never tried scanbran, but maybe ryvita is the same am not sure to be honest sorry :)

Today was awful! A friend & I took the kids on a traintrip and went to this really lovely park but it was absolutely freezing cold. Hadn't really planned to be out to lunch so popped into m&s to buy a plain salad and some roast chicken when all I really wanted to do was go to the little snack bar that had amazing looking (and smelling) burgers. Thought I could maybe have soup but it was CREAM of chicken soup they had. Wanted to cry and of course the kids wanted to stay at the park for ages. My friend and I took it in turns to go for a little walk around to stay warm.
Outdoor picnics in October really suck! The only nice part of lunch was the very weak hot chocolate I had to warm up but even that I had to share with my 2yr old as he was frozen. To top it off my friend had packed crisps and chocolate gems as snack for the kids and herself.
I am now back home in the warmth feeling very self rightous for not giving into the cold and eating lots of junk because lunch hadn't been planned properly:happy096::bliss::talk017:. Yay me!

How did it go Sue, was it as bad as you thought?

Hannah, at least you know why you gained 2lbs, your not thinking but I was soooo good... It will be better this week. Just let us know if you need a kick up the bum lol

Well done Kerry!! Woohoo!

Yeah how did it go Sue?

Ive had that ainsley harriott cous cous, was alright think I had moroccan something too!

Had a sneak peek at the scales and it looks like I've pulled back that 2lbs! Yay!

hey well done kerry thats brill dont think I would have been as strong lol

well went to wi and I have put on 3.5lb I dont really know how I feel about it, I just cant wait to get it back off the sooner the better,,,

think I have a mini target to am goin up to my friends for the weekend on 26th nov ( I am her bridemaid next year) I would love to have my 2.5 stone award so need to lose 5lb am goin to try my hardest would be brill

am actualy a bit annoyed at her, she knows i was away and was a bit nervous about wi in but then she text to say

you better do well at s.w later because remember your getting measured for ur dress soon...

I was raging, do u think I just took it the wrong way :(

No way I'd be well annoyed!! But well dome on the 3.5lbs, not as bad as you thought!

I'm sure you can get to your target for 26th nov!

Well done on going to the weigh in! I chickened out :(

ano I had to go, if i didnt dont know when I would go back

the thing is when she asked me to be bride maid I had already lost over a stone so I wasnt exactly losing weight just for her wedding its for me,

she had originally told me that we were not getting measured until jan, and I was hoping to get up to 3 stone off so then I would only have another stone to go before I reached target and then it would effect the size of the dress that much

she gets married next august and I dont want to get measured for a dress now and then cant lose anymore weight ]

really dont know what to do so annoyed at the min

sorry for the rant lol

That's good Hannah, sometimes a sneak peek gives you the incentive to keep going.

3.5lbs is not too bad after a week of eating and drinking Sue. You must have been more careful than you thought.

Don't worry too much about the dress fitting whatever your obviously skinny friend says. If you tell the dressmaker you are losing weight and what your goal is she should be able to take that into acccount even if it means buying enough material for the size you are now. I was in the same position a few years ago and was told that she would need my final measurements about 4 weeks before the wedding. Unfortunately for me my daft friend chose to get married on 11th January and the 4 week mark for that was something like 12/13th December. I was quite literally terrified to eat anything over xmas and new year in case I put lots of weight on. We knew the dressmaker personally so she double checked the fitting a week before the wedding just in case....

Well I am having a difficult day today, all I want to do is eat. Think it is because it is soooo cold here. It was about 3*c when we were at the park this morning. I quite often feel like this on a Wednesday though, don't know if it is a mid week slump type thing but if i'm going to screw up it is nearly always on a Wednesday. Do any of you have a "slump" day?

I have completely lost my mind and agreed to go for a run with some friends on Sunday afternoon:eek:. I am mental on a few counts here because
1. I don't run ever
2. They are going for a run UP a hill
3.All these people run on a regular basis. Half marathons, 10k's, the works.
You may not here from me again after WI on Sunday morning. They have promised to go easy on me and let me go at my own pace but I still think i have lost the plot. Hubby is going to have hysterics when he hears this!:rolleyes:

:(Is it just me that wants to eat all day to combat the cold? I'm going for real comfort food at the moment although managing to stay on plan with it so far. It has just gotten so cold so quickly here. Think i need to get a big pot of soup going. I never seem to be out of sainsburys these days:sigh:

How is everyone doing this week?

ano am just tryin not to think about the measuring just yet and concentrating on getting my next award lol I am doing this for me no one else

am ok at the min, although friend from work is leaving and we went for lunch I had a chicken tikka salad sandwich prib not best choice but ah well goin to gym later work a tiny bit off lol

make some home made soup thats free :)

Back