August exercise challenge

Just a bit of an update now managing to walk to the nearby local shops with relatively little discomfort.
Still a bit of a dull ache from the hip joint but nothing exceptional.
Might begin a light introduction on to the exercise cycle from next week and see how I cope.
Able to function without the pain medication which is a definite bonus.

That is great news Chubby Ghost, glad to hear you are on the mend and not needing painkillers now. Take it easy :)

2x30min run with a 1 min walking interval done, covered a total distance of 8.6k - my furthest run yet :classic_big_grin:

5k parkrun done this morning, 9 seconds faster than my previous time which I'm quite happy with especially as I had half a bottle of wine last night :classic_big_grin:

2 more runs left in August.

You are all doing great and chubby glad to know you are on the mend...but be careful.
I have been exercising but not logging it. Nothing huge though, slow walls with Oscar and some 15 minute sessions ony new vibro plate. I must plan and then count what I do, after all that was the whole point of this challenge.

Much more mobile now but not back on the exercise cycle yet.
The main issue with the exercise cycle being it's too painful to lift my leg high enough to get on it.
Their is still stiffness in the joint which affects how far can I walk etc.
I've been gradually increasing my activity level over the last week or so.
I'm off the pain meds and looking to go back to work next week potentially provided I don't have any setbacks.
Weight is still around the 209 lb mark by a few ounces up or down when I've weighed myself.

Well done on exercising tipp - even if not legged it still counts.

Glad to hear things are improving chubby ghost, getting back to work will be good. Amazing to have maintained your weight under the circumstances. Have you had any physio? Hopefully the joint stiffness will improve with time but something to consider.

I ran for 60 consecutive minutes this morning, covering a distance of 8.3k - so that is my August goal achieved :classic_big_grin:
1 more run on Thursday but wont do anything extreme. Then 10k on Sunday.

I have not had any physio and feel that it's more down to the joint healing than anything else regarding the stiffness.
I also had some bruising and slight tear to a tendon in the same area.
I'm managing to walk to the shops locally but it's far more slowly than my normal pace.
It's just knowing my limits but it's certainly improving.

September challenge now open.

......yes, I have a cheek I know but I am determined this time.

Back