Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Evening everyone ,,,,,,, hello ellebear and Niknaks-nice to see you made it through all my waffle :D

Well I have finished eating for today and really didn't need a yogurt (not that it would normally stop me :p) ... so for today I have only used 4 syns .... I will get my head around this using up my syns - so I have used 28 syns over my first 3 days of this week... I guess thats not bad really :thankyouthankyou:well at least it is more than I was having...

Tomorrows evening meal is going to be sweet n sour pork with veggie noodles -it will be my 1st time making this -hubby requested it, which confuddled me as he doesn't normally like sweet stuff :faint2:.... I will report back with the recipe and verdict ...

Whilst Im rambling *what you mean you haven't noticed?* :p... "warning -:rant2: about to start"
I watched Supersized verses superskinny tonight and it never fails to frustrate me -
:sign0009:tell me that they don't assume that everyone with a weight problem lives on takeaways, beige food, masses of fizzy drinks and NO fruit or veg !!!!!!!:banghead:
Even when Im not trying to lose weight I cook nearly everything from scratch right down to bread, tortilla wraps -everything . I also never remember serving a meal that didn't have loads of veg or salad with it.. and don't get me started on Fruit.... my 5 a day for fruit n veg is always in double figures and usually sits at around 15 portions :bunnydance: ..and I clear between 3-4.5lt of water a day..
Im cetrainly not claiming to be a saint (heck I wouldn't be this size if that was the case :eek:) -but I just wish they would show a bit more variety than the stereotypical fast food junky... ok there ends the :rant2:

Right after all that I had better get off and setle down to watch I am legend -..
Have a great night everyone...

Morning all

Well I didn't stay up to watch "I am Legend" in the end -I watched a bit and just didn't like it -which is very unusual for me, I usually love Will Smith. Still never mind, I was pooped anyway...

My EE meal plan for today is......
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • 125ml semi skimmed (3)
  • 2 weetabix (B)
  • 1 apple
  • sliced ham
  • cottage cheese
  • salad
  • orange
  • SW sweet n sour pork (1.5)
  • vegetable noodles
  • yogurt (8)
  • 20% fibre plus bar 5.5
So that will take me to 18 syns for the day -3 over but Im under on the last 4 days .....
Im really looking forward to the sweet n sour, there will probably be leftover and if so Im planning on having them cold for lunch tomorrow ;).
We need to nip out for some water when hubby gets home from work, so I will pick up some MORE fruit n veg whislt Im at it -I swear we are getting through sooooooo much veg, salad n fruit!
Im planning on getting a WII , the wii fit game and the balance board at the weekend -even though I :eek: at the price...It will be worth it if it helps the wobble shift quicker,,,,
Right -I will get off and get my brekkie -and do some more menu planning...
Have a lovely day everyone ...and keep up the good work...

Last edited:
Thought I would do a quick update...
I have just come out of the kitchen -Im being super organised, I know we need to nip shopping when hubby gets in from work -so I have prepared everything for tea -so it will just be a whack it all together when we get in and it can cook whilst I wedge the shopping in the fridge (am I the only one who could do with a Tardis sized fridge? :p).

So I have :-
  • all the ingredients for the sweet n sour sauce are in the pan, I just need to heat it up and thicken it and add the pineapple,
  • I have chopped n sliced onions, spring onions, red peppers, carrots and bamboo shoots
  • trimmed the diced pork
  • got the noodles in a pan -
Im hoping to get my hands on some mangetout and baby corn whilst Im out -although I will cope if I can't get them ...I will throw in some frozen corn n peas instead ;)
I will report back on how the sauce is later -I have 3 different SW recipes for sweet n sour -so of course I have started by using the one lowest in syns ;) -if its not quite got that "takeaway taste" then I will try one of the others :D

I think I have this "being organised" thing cracked :D .. I know that it makes things so much easier in the long run...
Right -time to get off and get ready for when hubby gets home so we can get off and get the shopping done as quickly as possible..

Evening everyone, that's another day done

well we got the shopping done.... its costing us more than pre-SW, but our health is worth it ...mind it would help if I didn't spot a big bunch of asparagus that I "had to have" @ €1.99 :eek: -the plan is to snap it off as usual and then use the woody ends with the broccoli stalks to make soup (makes it a little more cost effective;))

The sweet n sour went down well -I will post the recipe in the morning, but we felt it had "something" missing - so when hubby warmed up the leftovers for his supper he added a crushed chilli -I tasted it and it was better -although not strictly sweet n sour then :p

Oh and on the subject of Hubby -I always knew I had a good one, but he has just reminded me - he has said that he will get me the wii consol thingy and the fit board thingy as a VERY early xmas pressie :happy036:so we hope to get that at the weekend and then I can start and move my lazy backside :p
Rigth I will get off (I can hear my bed calling) -sleep well everyone

sweet n sour recipe

Morning all

Another overcast n drizzly day here :rolleyes:
First things first -here is the sweet n sour recipe I promised:-
Sweet n sour sauce *
serves 4 @ 1.5syns each
freezer friendly
  1. 113g/4oz canned pineapple chunks in juice (cut into small pieces)
  2. 5tbs stock made with chicken bovril (I used 1/2 a chicken oxo with 5tbs hot water)
  3. 2tbs soy sauce
  4. 1tbs white wine vinegar
  5. 4tbs orange juice
  6. 1tsp sweetener
  7. 1tbs tomato puree
  8. 2tbs diced red pepper
  9. 2 level tsp cornflour
  10. seasoning
  • drain the pineapple juice into a pan
  • add all the other ingredients *except the cornflour and pineapple chunks)
  • bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5mins
  • mix the cornflour with a little cold water, stir into the pan and heat gently until thickened -remove from heat and stir in the pineapple
  • season to taste and serve
For ours I :-
  1. heated 1tsp of oil in the wok and added the pork chunks to seal,
  2. added onions + sliced spring onions and cooked for 2-3 mins
  3. threw in diced peppers, carrot strips, mange tout, baby corn, beansprout and bamboo shoots -cooked for about 5 mins over a high heat and moving all the time
  4. I then added in the sweet n sour sauce and cooked for a couple more minutes
  5. In the end I served it with basmati rice (50g dry weight per person)
It was rather nice but for us had "something" missing -there were leftovers -so hubby added 1 dried chilli when he re-heated it for his supper and it was very nice (I pinched a fork full to try ;))

*taken from SW 100 sauces

Okey Dokey -on to today :D

My EE meal plan is :-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • lemon juice in hot water
  • 28g oats (B) soaked overnight in:-
  • 75g super creamy blueberry yogurt(4)
  • chopped apple
  • splash of milk from allowance
  • 1 Apple
  • sliced ham
  • cottage cheese
  • cucumber
  • carrots
  • tomatoes
  • red peppers
  • beetroot
  • gherkin mmmmmmmm
  • fruit
  • SW Lancashire hotpot[STRIKE](1)[/STRIKE]
  • broccoli
  • green beans
  • peas
  • Chopped apple with 75g blueberry yogurt [STRIKE](4)[/STRIKE]
So that is 4syns accounted for ...can't see me needing any more -but never say never ;)
I have to say the soaked porrige oats were lovely -and filling :D -I had forgotten how much I liked it....and it made a nice change! It must have been satisfying as hubby came home from PT about 9am and I did him bacon, scrambled eggs and beans and wasn't in the least bit interested :innocent0002: :8855:
I am sooooooooooo looking forward to the hotpot tonight *and of course I will report back-with recipe*

Im on my 4th week and still loving SW ...I think I can say ByeBye to WW forever :asskick:...
So far I have stuck to it 100% and Im enjoying all the new meals so much, I really look forward to trying my next recipe...
Right -I will get off and make my lunch
Hope everyone is doing well.....

Last edited:
loving your diary still Capricorn - and the colour coding !!! spot on!!! x

** waves bye to WW ** you dont need it anymore ;) x

Lancashire hotpot recipe

Evening Ellebear -and anyone else reading

OMG ..... we have just had the Lancashire hotpot :drool: it is THE NICEST recipe yet... I only did half the quantities and served it with steamed broccoli and peas and we both said that there was still too much and next time we will do even less the amount we had *yes you heard me right* :8855:
So here goes YUM YUM YUM

Lancashire hotpot
serves 4 @ 1 syn per serving
freezer friendly

gas mark 4/180c
  1. 794g/1lb 12oz potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
  2. seasoning
  3. 2tsp chopped thyme -I used dried rosemary as I prefer it
  4. 908g/2lb lean fillet of lamb -cut into bite sized pieces
  5. 2 large onions -sliced
  6. 2 large carrots-peeled and thickly sliced
  7. 596ml/21floz lamb or beef stock
  8. 1level tbs gravy granules
  • mix the lamb, carrots and onions in and season
  • divide into 4 individual oven proof dishes
  • arrange the potatoes on top and season well
  • mix the stock and gravy granules and divide between the dishes
  • cover with foil and bake for 1.5hrs, then uncover and bake for another 30 to crisp up the tops
  • serve
OK -now then I did mine in the remoska -so it was:-
  • throw the meat, onions and carrots into the remoska,
  • season and add the stock -I didn't use the granules (so it was free :D)
  • layer the potatoes on top and season
  • cover with foil
  • bake for about 1hr then uncover and leave to crisp up...(check that all the liquid doesn't evaporate)
Lamb fillet isn't exactly cheap -well certainly not out here :cry: -but it would make a lovely special meal -Next time Im going to try some lamb shoulder and just cook it longer and see how it works ;)
So today I have only used 4 syns as I didn't need the 1syn for the hot pot and Im not going to have room for the 4syns of yogurt either :sign0007:I will amend my meal plan in a moment...

oooohhh :bliss:hubby got home from work early -so we have been and go a wii fit -with resort package and a wii fit board... so its all plugged in and I just need to set my profile and THEN..... its all systems go, so if you hear thunder in the morning it will be me bouncing about:rotflmao:

Well, did you hear it? the sound of baby elephants falling out of bed? THAT would have been me on the wii fit ;)...
I have started off with just 15mins -rather than Kn*cker myself and not go near it again all week... so it was just 15mins of hula hooping, step and boxing (I like the boxing one :p) -hubby looked worried when I tried it last night -apparently I looked too "naturally aggresive" :rotflmao:
Im hoping to just do a couple of 15 min sessions a day whilst I get used to it and then there will be games like table tennis etc on top -

Well todays EE meal plan is :-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • lemon juice in warm water
  • 1 grapefruit
  • 2 bacon medallions
  • 2 eggs -scrambled
  • fresh tomatoes
  • 1 apple
  • huge salad
  • jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • 2 pears
So that will be 0 syns and I need to use my healthy(B) and if possible squeeze in a few syns...
I may end up re-jigging my menu if hubby doesn't come home for brekkie -but I will pop back and adjust the list if I have to....
Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week :D

Last edited:
Just thought I'd drop in for a quick hello while dinner is cooking! I really enjoy your diary - you seem very bubbly and upbeat :)

My uncle was in the army based in Germany donkeys years ago and one summer when I was young (OMG that was many moons ago) we went and stayed in his flat at the base for a month. It was very surreal experience in some ways, a holiday in Germany surrounded by Brits! Reading your diary and reference to the Naafi is bringing back a heap of happy memories :D

Good luck with the plan!

Little things like this are what I say about MYSELF!!! glad im not alone in my visions!!! xxx
:p Its just a good job Im using it in the living room -if it was in the bedroom the living room lights would be dropping from the ceiling like bombs :rotflmao: ... at least Im under no illusion eh!!
Hi Ozzie - I love it out here -we should be here until about October next year -then hubby has done and we will be moving home to the UK (couldn't afford to stay out here as civvies!!)
Im glad you are enjoying my rambles... hope to hear from you again

Well I need to amend my meal plan in a moment -I have ended up eating less than I planned :D-hubby didn't make it home for lunch so I re-jigged my food ;)
We have just had the jacket with cottage cheese n salad though nomnomnom
I have gritted my teeth and got hubby to take 2 photos of me today -any of the following icons can apply :busted::badmood::doh::raincloud::hide::argh::censored::sad0071:
I avoid cameras like the plague.... so I went to town and got a face on and a side shot (talk about a glutton for punishment) :D..Im not sure exactly when I will feel brave enough to attatch them though ...
On a brighter note as well as my 15mins on the wi fit today I have played a couple of games on there and then hubby knocked of work at 2pm -so we went for a walk around the 9 hole golf course -hubby plays I just walk -so thats 1hr 10mins of walking .. hopefully I will have a couple of games on the wii later :innocent0002: :p ..go me!!!!! :D

Right I will get off and update my meal plan ....have a good evening everyone :D

Last edited:
Morning all -I have been up for a while (most unlike me), but figured i was awake so may as well get up and let hubby spread out and have a lie in -he doesn't often get to do that :p

I have just done 30mins on the wii fit-YES at this ungodly hour :wee:... I did the test thingy, then some some step, boxing, cycling and hula hooping ...so that is that out of the way for now -I will play a few games later ;)
Im tempted to see if hubby wants another wander around the golf course :silly:-I will wait and see what time he gets up as I like to go when it's early as its cooler and quieter :p

Anyway... todays EE meal plan for today is:-
  • 250ml semiskimmed (A)
  • 1 pear
  • 28g oats (B)
  • banana
  • 125ml semi skimmed (3)
  • salad
  • steamed potatoes
  • ham
  • 1tbs hellmans xtra light (0.5)
  • 1 orange
  • szechuan beef (0.5)
  • stir fried :-
  • 1/2tsp oil (1)
  • onions, carrot, mushrooms, peppers, mange tout, bean sprouts, baby corn, bamboo shoots
  • snicky snacky snoos -fruit :p
Well that is the plan for now-there may be a few tweaks depending on if we do go to the golf course ;) -but if not I will have used 4.5syns and had my heathy A/B ....I will pop back in later and make any alterations if need be...
Tomorrow is my :scale: so I will be :cross: until then -makes it much harder to eat that way too :p
Right I will get off and make my brekkie..have a lovely weekend everyone

Last edited:
Hi NikNaks
Feel free to fly over -I still cook too much so there will be enough ...although hubby might cry that you are eating his "supper" :rotflmao:
Im trying to do as much variation as I can -so I don't get bored, its working so far ;) It helps that i love to cook...

Well we have just had the sezchuan beef stir fry .... and on a 1-10 scale , hubby gave it a 12 :bliss:I have to say it was rather scrummy -and actually better than the takeaway one hubby used to like :clap:...so that is deffinitely on the "must do again list" and there are leftover for hubbies supper
We didn't make it to the golf course...it was persistantl persistling it down by the time hubby got up :rolleyes:, however my "exercise" so far today has been :-
30mins wii fit this morning -hula hooping, boxing, step, cycling
and then later I did another 30 mins - I did 3 games of tennis -I won :winner:
3 rounds of boxing -I won :winner: and some more cycling ...
So hopefully that will help tomorrows weigh in :fingerscrossed:
I have decided that when I weigh in tomorrow, I will start using the wii to weigh in every week...
Hope everyone is having a great weekend..

Thanks Debbie -you have done great by the way :clap:

Morning all
Well if you heard the sound of elephants falling out of bed THIS morning it wasn't me on the wii, it was me falling off the scales .... I have lost 7lb this week :woohoo: So thats 1st 3lb down and quite a lot more to follow ;).
Im not sure if its the eating lots of different things -OR the shock my system has had by actually having done some exercise :p... either way hopefully it will continue...

Hubby is golfing so won't be back until 2-3pm which will make todays meal times a bit odd as I don't need lunch before it or a proper meal after it :hmm: -anyway todays EE meal plan is:-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • 2 bacon medallions
  • 2 eggs -scrambled
  • 1/2 tin baked beans
  • orange
  • roast chicken
  • steamed potatoes:-
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • asparagus
  • green beans
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • fruit
  • 4 ryvita with sesame (B)
  • 2 LCL trangles (3syns)
It only looks like 2 meals -but the brekkie will keep me thicking over until roast time and then after that I won't need another proper meal -so fruit will do if Im hungry ... I need to use my healthy (B) too -so I might stick a cereal bar on for this evening (if I want one) and I could do with using some syns...
I need to get some wii fit done in a moment... I will finish my lemon juice off and then get some done and then have my brekkie..
Hope everyone has a good day...no doubt I will be back later:sign0151:

Last edited:
Ok then -having decided to be organised again this week I have chosen 7 main meals to do, I won't specify what we will have on any given day because then I might not want it :p. So I picked 7 main meals having thought about some of the stuff I have in that I want to use up...so we are having roast chicken today and then I can use some leftover chicken and the last of the asparagus to make the pasta sauce later in the week ;)... so we have:-

• [STRIKE]Roast chicken with:-
    [*]potatoes, carrots, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, peas and sweetcorn[/STRIKE]
  • [STRIKE]Indian curried pork patties
    [*]Indian spiced potatoes (0.5 syn)
    [*]salad[/STRIKE]
    [*]
    Special fried rice
  • [STRIKE]jacket potatoes
    [*]cottage cheese
    [*]salad
    [*][/STRIKE]
    [*]
    [STRIKE]Stifado (1.5syns)
    [*]creamy mash with garlic and spring onions
    [*]steamed veg[/STRIKE]
  • Gammon steak
  • mashed potato with spring onion
  • veg
  • creamy sauce (1.5 syn)
  • [STRIKE]Chicken, asparagus + pea sauce (2syns) with pasta and salad[/STRIKE]
and whilst I was at it I sorted out the weekday lunches too :eek: .... mainly so I can make sure hubby gets a good variety for work (I won't always have the same as hubby -like the leftover fried rice..but other things I will have too).. so we have:-

• Leftover special fried rice -hubby loves it cold and its better than a rice salad made with dressing ;)
  • [STRIKE]chicken salad and steamed potatoes[/STRIKE]
  • tuna pasta salad -will check syns when I make the dressing
  • [STRIKE]luxury potato salad with ham[/STRIKE] 0.5syn
  • ham salad with steamed potatoes
I think thats is the bulk of this week sorted and I should only need some milk, fruit and a bit of veg :clap:

Hubby has just got back from golf-earlier than expected, and came armed with 2 huge bunches of flowers :p-they are gorgeous and apparently they are a "non food treat" for sticking with it ...beats choccy anyday ;)
and I have decided to adopt a saying hubby gets sick of hearing at work
"if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" seems rather fitting I think :D
Right I will get off and get something done..have a great day everyone....

Last edited:
Just updating my final food intake today ..seems a bit mad I know, but I figure if Im accurate and track my eats then I can look back over weeks and see where I have gone wrong/right ;) ..
So, my meals were kept the same as I listed this morning and I have just used my healthyB on 4 ryvitas with sesame seeds and 3syns on 2 laughing cow light triangles...I still have some of my milk left -so will get hubby to make me a cuppa when the cricket is done :p..

Oh I got about 30mins in on the wii earlier ans Im hoping to squeeze in some more -again -once the cricket is done...
Right off I go again..
Have a great night all :D
Just a quick edit...... now done an extra 1hr30mins playing games on the wii -tennis, kung foo, step etc (all the aerobic ones)

Last edited:
So another day is here..and at last it is glorious out there :D
I have just finished 20mins on the wii step :innocent0002: :p .... I will get some more in later..

My EE meal plan for today is:-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • 2 weetabix (B)
  • 1 orange
  • salad
  • seafood sticks
  • 1 apple
  • stifado (1.5syns)
  • creamy mash with galic and spring onion
  • steamed carrots n broccoli
  • banana
So that will be 4.5syns used , I may see if I need anything extra this evening -if so I might use up some syns on a yogurt!
Right off to get the stifado underway...
have a great day everyone :D

Last edited:
Back